2016 Statewide Transfers - Public or Private

BrowardHandicapper

Since the huge coaching change and drama that went through Oxbride this is what has happened transfer-wise to my knowledge:

WR/FS 2018 Trey Green has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to Glades Central

MLB 2018 Kaleb McCarty has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to Dwyer

DE/TE 2017 Michael Fina has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to AHD

DE 2017 Jonathan Garvin has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to Lake Worth = 3* Rivals player - has offers.

RB/FS 2018 Va'lique Carter has transferred from West Boca to Oxbridge Academy

OL 2019 Daquan Thomas has transferred from Palm Beach Lakes to Oxbridge Academy

The bulk of the talent on the Oxbridge Academy team is still intact. The only significant loss to Oxbridge Academy on paper since late May and all of the stuff that went down was 2017 DE Jonathan Garvin. He is a rivals rated 3* player. Factor in Michael Fina at DE and you could say Oxbridge appears to have fallen apart at the DE position. Outside of losing Garvin I think Oxbridge will compensate for the other players. Keep in mind that Oxbridge brought in 2 players as well. Still a few weeks to go and sure Oxbridge could continue to take hits but they could bring in players as well to be fair. The summer is not over yet. If they start dropping 2 and 3* players over the course of a week than yeah I would say they have fallen apart.

I just think saying Oxbridge has " completely fell apart" based on one significant player is a bit of an overstatement. Remember Oxbridge probably still has at least 12+ players with offers and I would be willing to bet that Oxbridge Academy has more players with offers then anyone in PB County including Delray-Atlantic, PB Gardens, Dwyer, AHD, and Glades Central.

Sounds like the sky falling is a overstatement lol

Since the huge coaching change and drama that went through Oxbride this is what has happened transfer-wise to my knowledge:

WR/FS 2018 Trey Green has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to Glades Central

MLB 2018  Kaleb McCarty has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to Dwyer

DE/TE 2017 Michael Fina has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to AHD

DE 2017 Jonathan Garvin has transferred from Oxbridge Academy to Lake Worth = 3* Rivals player -  has offers.

RB/FS  2018 Va'lique Carter has transferred from West Boca to Oxbridge Academy

OL 2019 Daquan Thomas has transferred from Palm Beach Lakes to Oxbridge Academy

The bulk of the talent on the Oxbridge Academy team is still intact.  The only significant loss to Oxbridge Academy on paper since late May and all of the stuff that went down was 2017 DE Jonathan Garvin.  He is a rivals rated 3* player.  Factor in Michael Fina at DE and you could say Oxbridge appears to have fallen apart at the DE position.  Outside of losing  Garvin I think Oxbridge will compensate for the other players.  Keep in mind that Oxbridge brought in 2 players as well. Still a few weeks to go and sure Oxbridge could continue to take hits but they could bring in players as well to be fair.  The summer is not over yet. If they start dropping 2 and 3* players over the course of a week than yeah I would say they have fallen apart.  For now, they still have a great coaching staff, lots of talent and perhaps the best secondary in PB County.

I just think saying Oxbridge has " completely fell apart" based on one significant player is a bit of an overstatement.  Remember Oxbridge probably still has at least 12+ players with offers and I would be willing to bet that  Oxbridge Academy has more players with offers then anyone in PB County including Delray-Atlantic, PB Gardens, Dwyer, AHD, and Glades Central.  

Raven Saunders 2017 LB committed to Nc State also transferred. He's at Dwyer Now

Interesting...First Academy really putting in some late work to try to compete in what will be a extremely strong 3A season.  Where are many of the Agape Christian players expected to land?

Link on Agape. Former head coach Victor Floyd was quite a baller in his day. His son VJ who played for Bishop Moore when to Southern Miss the same time that that Easterling from the 2006 Miami Northwestern team that got into trouble with the girl did. Neither did well there although for different reasons.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/os-agape-christian-football-20160706-story.html

Yeah, I believe he was like the 4th or 5th corner on Boyd Anderson . He will likely start and see a whole lot more PT over at Deerfield Beach. Dorvil already has offers from UCF, Eastern Michigan, and Akron so it could be a great opportunity for him to show his skills.

Damn 4th or 5th corner!? BA is loaded I guess in the secondary...

Boyd Anderson are quietly loaded at DB  indeed...

4* DB  Daniel Wright   https://rivals.yahoo.com/dlb/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=2017&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Daniel+Wright

3* DB Rahem Fuller    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/188203

3* DB Rennard Bozeman  https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/183412

3* DB Michael Nesbitt   https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/183982

So there you have it .. A talented kid like Eldine Dorvil  http://247sports.com/player/eldine-dorvil-90450

with D1 offers from UCF and a few MAC schools would likely only get in on certain Defensive Formations and rotating/subbing...  and what people don't understand is there are probably 10-15 schools in SFL (Palm Beach, Broward and Dade) with similar circumstances but you just don't hear about them.   I think Flanagan last year put their 4th and 5th DBs in D1 schools.  Can you imagine not starting on your HS Varsity team but you are good enough to play D1 and get an offer?   Crazy!  That is South Florida HS Football for ya.

Overall a good move for Dorvil to transfer to Deerfield Beach and great for Deerfield Beach to receive him.  It worked out great both! 

2018 DE Donovan Winter has transferred (in recent weeks)  from Oviedo Hagerty to Bishop Moore

2018 WR/DB/RB Caleb McMillan has transferred (in recent weeks) from Dr. Phillips to Bishop Moore

If these transfers happened at a SFL private 5A team that just won a State Championship they would have been more noticed....Not sure when these transfers happened but these are pretty strong transfers ( Winter is committed to Michigan State and ) but the more I learn about transfers statewide, the more I realize that it is a South Florida "problem" is a myth.  I am learning it happens just as much state wide and is less covered than in SFL....  STA,

SFL teams will get bashed by people if they are successful,  yet Cocoa has had 2- 3X as many transfers (as most busy teams) -  and it goes unnoticed.

Another thing....it seems transfers are only a "problem" when a team is dominating.  Teams like Armwood and IMG are noticed because they are successful.  People bash the "principle" of transferring yet find a bigger problem with 4 very strong players going to STA versus 10+  players going to a "very good" team like Cocoa in North Florida.  Again, only a problem because they are stronger players going to a stronger program.  So it is not truly about the "principle" of a student athlete transferring.  

2018 DE Donovan Winter has transferred (in recent weeks)  from Oviedo Hagerty to Bishop Moore

2018 WR/DB/RB Caleb McMillan has transferred (in recent weeks) from Dr. Phillips to Bishop Moore

If these transfers happened at a SFL private 5A team that just won a State Championship they would have been more noticed....Not sure when these transfers happened but these are pretty strong transfers ( Winter is committed to Michigan State and ) but the more I learn about transfers statewide, the more I realize that it is a South Florida "problem" is a myth.  I am learning it happens just as much state wide and is less covered than in SFL....  STA,

SFL teams will get bashed by people if they are successful,  yet Cocoa has had 2- 3X as many transfers (as most busy teams) -  and it goes unnoticed.

Another thing....it seems transfers are only a "problem" when a team is dominating.  Teams like Armwood and IMG are noticed because they are successful.  People bash the "principle" of transferring yet find a bigger problem with 4 very strong players going to STA versus 10+  players going to a "very good" team like Cocoa in North Florida.  Again, only a problem because they are stronger players going to a stronger program.  So it is not truly about the "principle" of a student athlete transferring.  

Most people squeal like pigs when they feel they are being disadvantaged but keep quiet when the advantage it on their side. It is the way people are. With these two transfers, Bishop Moore will potentially be as good this year as they were last. I still regard American Heritage as favorite to win 5a South, but if Bishop Moore were able to get by them, which is far from an impossibility, they will likely repeat as state champions. As I have said previously, after years of relative dormancy, Bishop Moore seems to be committed to being a football power. They have the resources and coaching staff in place; so if they are willing to hand out the scholarships, they could be a force to recon with for many years. 

Recruiting takes place statewide. Some programs actively recruit, others don't. Under Darlington, Apopka has not actively recruited. Don't get me wrong, we have had transfers over the years, including a handful of very good ones. But philosophically, I think Darlington prefers to work with what he gets from 9th grade on up; it is essential to his "team work" concept. Fortunately, Apopka has a very good youth program, and being in the Northwest corner of Orange County, tends to keep most of them home. Having a very successful program helps in this regard. 

2018 DE Donovan Winter has transferred (in recent weeks) from Oviedo Hagerty to Bishop Moore

If these transfers happened at a SFL private 5A team that just won a State Championship they would have been more noticed....Not sure when these transfers happened but these are pretty strong transfers ( Winter is committed to Michigan State and ) but the more I learn about transfers statewide, the more I realize that it is a South Florida "problem" is a myth. I am learning it happens just as much state wide and is less covered than in SFL.... STA,

SFL teams will get bashed by people if they are successful, yet Cocoa has had 2- 3X as many transfers (as most busy teams) - and it goes unnoticed.

Another thing....it seems transfers are only a "problem" when a team is dominating. Teams like Armwood and IMG are noticed because they are successful. People bash the "principle" of transferring yet find a bigger problem with 4 very strong players going to STA versus 10+ players going to a "very good" team like Cocoa in North Florida. Again, only a problem because they are stronger players going to a stronger program. So it is not truly about the "principle" of a student athlete transferring.

Broward there are transfers in north but the north side of Florida is not known for the transfers as much except in big cities, Columbia despite being biggest team in north gets maybe 2-3 during the fall, last year we got lucky that we got 2 transfers at the spot we needed the most

Another problem and this is reason south Florida has had a huge edge in state championships, talent pool. No matter how hard the teams in north work they go to a title game and have to face a Miami team or a Broward team stacked to the top with talent and then get critized for not getting job done when people forget their is no place in the north that even comes close to the talent pool the Miami dane and Broward areas have, and a team like STA does not need any transfers to win this year but yet they got them anyway, people want fresh, they are bored of getting boring games by teams who have won the title for like 10 years in a row, the best game this year happened because AHP got upset in playoffs, had they made it there every game would have been a waste to watch since every other game was a BLOWOUT, they get critized because people feel they can win with their home grown talent and guess what, STA could win with home grown talent, Broward county has tons of talent, they don't need 10 transfers a year to win, and once again if I knew of a transfer I would report it, in fact i did but no one ever asked about it once I out it on here lol

Most people squeal like pigs when they feel they are being disadvantaged but keep quiet when the advantage it on their side. It is the way people are. With these two transfers, Bishop Moore will potentially be as good this year as they were last. I still regard American Heritage as favorite to win 5a South, but if Bishop Moore were able to get by them, which is far from an impossibility, they will likely repeat as state champions. As I have said previously, after years of relative dormancy, Bishop Moore seems to be committed to being a football power. They have the resources and coaching staff in place; so if they are willing to hand out the scholarships, they could be a force to recon with for many years. 

Recruiting takes place statewide. Some programs actively recruit, others don't. Under Darlington, Apopka has not actively recruited. Don't get me wrong, we have had transfers over the years, including a handful of very good ones. But philosophically, I think Darlington prefers to work with what he gets from 9th grade on up; it is essential to his "team work" concept. Fortunately, Apopka has a very good youth program, and being in the Northwest corner of Orange County, tends to keep most of them home. Having a very successful program helps in this regard. 

Well, I like the fact that the new open transfer rule changes in place it will end the squealing....  For me it is also about just keeping up...in other words, I don't care how or how many transfers teams get I just like to be in the loop.  I was one that was looking  at Bishop Moore as a 2nd round type team in 2016 and things like 2 quality starters added to the roster begin to make think they may be stronger than that now.  If it weren't for the awesome preview guide we have on here:       http://floridahsfootball.com/preview-guide/         -  I would have never known about those players added to Bishop Moore.

So I was wondering DarterBlue2...  Do you feel that Dr. Phillips has taken a hit hard enough that it will be hard for them to compete with Apopka at this point?

Transfers that I am aware of :

ATH Chance Bush  Dr. Phillips to First Academy and then to Apopka?

QB Alex Elyeysami Dr. Phillips to First Academy

OT Calvin Ashley Dr. Phillips to First Academy - 6th best OT in 2017

I believe a couple more may have transferred out of Dr. Phillips as well.  Your thoughts?

Broward there are transfers in north but the north side of Florida is not known for the transfers as much except in big cities, Columbia despite being biggest team in north gets maybe 2-3 during the fall, last year we got lucky that we got 2 transfers at the spot we needed the most

Another problem and this is reason south Florida has had a huge edge in state championships, talent pool. No matter how hard the teams in north work they go to a title game and have to face a Miami team or a Broward team stacked to the top with talent and then get critized for not getting job done when people forget their is no place in the north that even comes close to the talent pool the Miami dane and Broward areas have, and a team like STA does not need any transfers to win this year but yet they got them anyway, people want fresh, they are bored of getting boring games by teams who have won the title for like 10 years in a row, the best game this year happened because AHP got upset in playoffs, had they made it there every game would have been a waste to watch since every other game was a BLOWOUT, they get critized because people feel they can win with their home grown talent and guess what, STA could win with home grown talent, Broward county has tons of talent, they don't need 10 transfers a year to win, and once again if I knew of a transfer I would report it, in fact i did but no one ever asked about it once I out it on here lol

PBC get transfers to

Is that South Florida's problem of having a huge talent pool - yet residing in the state of FL?  

You don't think SFL teams work as hard as the teams in the north?  

"a team like STA does not need transfers to win this year"   agree but who are you to dictate and justify transfers to a PRIVATE school?

Hallandale beating AHP was a very MINUTE upset - if any.  If those teams played 10 times it likely would have gone 5-5 -  Don't get fooled by the "school name".  Bishop Moore last year would have also given AHP everything they could handle - possibly even beat them as well - Don't get fooled by the "school name". Just so you know, there were about 10 teams in SFL that could have played with or beat AHP on a given night last year.

Your reasoning almost sounds borderline like you want to say transfers are ok for everyone EXCEPT South Florida.LOL....

Your reasoning is the FL High School version of:

Marx_old.jpg

Well, I like the fact that the new open transfer rule changes in place it will end the squealing.... For me it is also about just keeping up...in other words, I don't care how or how many transfers teams get I just like to be in the loop. I was one that was looking at Bishop Moore as a 2nd round type team in 2016 and things like 2 quality starters added to the roster begin to make think they may be stronger than that now. If it weren't for the awesome preview guide we have on here: http://floridahsfootball.com/preview-guide/ - I would have never known about those players added to Bishop Moore.

So I was wondering DarterBlue2... Do you feel that Dr. Phillips has taken a hit hard enough that it will be hard for them to compete with Apopka at this point?

Transfers that I am aware of :

ATH Chance Bush Dr. Phillips to First Academy and then to Apopka?

QB Alex Elyeysami Dr. Phillips to First Academy

OT Calvin Ashley Dr. Phillips to First Academy - 6th best OT in 2017

I believe a couple more may have transferred out of Dr. Phillips as well. Your thoughts?

Dr Phillips will hold their own but thought Apopka was best north team in 8a before this and will likely be in Orlando this year and if you saw my 5a bold predictions I picked bishop morre to play AHP in regional finals and said the winner goes on to beat wakulla at states so my bold prediction may not be that off lol

Dr Phillips will hold their own but thought Apopka was best north team in 8a before this and will likely be in Orlando this year and if you saw my 5a bold predictions I picked bishop morre to play AHP in regional finals and said the winner goes on to beat wakulla at states so my bold prediction may not be that off lol

You did indeed.  Were you picking that even off of everything that Bishop Moore lost last year or were you aware of there incoming transfers and reloading in effect?

They do....But the witch hunt is concentrated on Broward and Dade....

Forgot bout palm beach since the teams that I was talking about that is in state title by 30 plus points this past year were Broward and Dade teams, and I'm not familiar with PBC, anyone want to tell me about those teams

You did indeed. Were you picking that even off of everything that Bishop Moore lost last year or were you aware of there incoming transfers and reloading in effect?

I haven't even read that preview yet and no I didn't hear bout those transfers, I made that pick mainly because I felt people were forgetting about bishop morre too quickly and despite how huge a favourite AHP is going into the year bishop morre is still going into season to defend their title and I Dont expect them to go down easy or maybe not at all. They might win it again

Forgot bout palm beach since the teams that I was talking about that is in state title by 30 plus points this past year were Broward and Dade teams, and I'm not familiar with PBC, anyone want to tell me about those teams

2015 Delray Atlantic was a beast, the best PB County team and even cracked the National top 100 briefly.  Only one loss all year to the eventual 8A State Champion - Flanagan.  

I see 2016 something like...

Dwyer (7A) , Oxbridge Academy (3A), PB Gardens (8A) , AHD (3A) , Boca Raton (8A), and Glades Central (4A) are probably your top 6 teams in no specific order...

Other teams in latter mix that should could have average or better teams might be Pahokee (1A), Delray Atlantic (8A) Palm Beach Lakes (7A), Wellington (8A), Royal Palm Beach (7A), West Boca (7A), Forest Hill (7A), Seminole Ridge (8A), Park Vista (8A), Pope John Paul (Ind.), Village Academy (2A), Boynton Beach (6A), and Palm Beach Central (8A).