Great Article about Florida HS Coach Pay

gatorman-uf

If we think that the Head Coaches are underpaid how about the thousands of assistant coaches who are probably not paid at all. I might add that most private schools don't budget much for coaches, either. Outside of STA, Bolles, and a few others, I would not be surprised if a regular teacher coaches the football team for a few extra dollars.  

If you coach for the money you are going backwards. It probably works out to about $2 a hour if you figured it out. You do it because you love it. Now I'm not saying it shouldn't be more but everyone knows what the deal is. I don't get paid to go hunting or fishing and they are my hobbies but coaching you do get something at least .

I wish everyone that follows high school football would read this article.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard people criticizing coaches and bringing up that they get paid "a lot of money".  I know a lot of coaches and not only do they get very little money but they usually end up putting that money back into the program for various expenses that the school doesn't pay for.  A lot of kids are only eating at school the coaches make sure they get fed.  A lot of kids only have team clothes to wear I know you all know some of these kids, the coaches find them those clothes even if it's a t-shirt celebrating the girls district track championship in 2008.  These coaches are there for these kids when they get into trouble, when their grades slip, when their mother dies, when their father abuses them,  when the whole world turns against them. I know the hard work these guys put in coaching, mentoring, tutoring, feeding, clothing, transporting these kids.  Head coaches get very little and many assistants get nothing.  Coaches are the last chance a lot of these kids have to keep them focused on education and bettering themselves.  It is a lot cheaper to pay coaches than to build prisons.  Anytime you hear someone going off about a coach ask them what positive influence they've had on a kids life, because most coaches are doing yeoman's work for the love of the kids and the game.

I wish everyone that follows high school football would read this article. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people criticizing coaches and bringing up that they get paid "a lot of money". I know a lot of coaches and not only do they get very little money but they usually end up putting that money back into the program for various expenses that the school doesn't pay for. A lot of kids are only eating at school the coaches make sure they get fed. A lot of kids only have team clothes to wear I know you all know some of these kids, the coaches find them those clothes even if it's a t-shirt celebrating the girls district track championship in 2008. These coaches are there for these kids when they get into trouble, when their grades slip, when their mother dies, when their father abuses them, when the whole world turns against them. I know the hard work these guys put in coaching, mentoring, tutoring, feeding, clothing, transporting these kids. Head coaches get very little and many assistants get nothing. Coaches are the last chance a lot of these kids have to keep them focused on education and bettering themselves. It is a lot cheaper to pay coaches than to build prisons. Anytime you hear someone going off about a coach ask them what positive influence they've had on a kids life, because most coaches are doing yeoman's work for the love of the kids and the game.

Couldn't have said it better shark

When it comes to money it's all about politics, If School board raises the property tax with a special assessment you can bet they will have hard time getting elected again, so i dont know what the answer is but i do agree that Florida coaches do more than they get paid for.

It would need to be raised as a state as a whole not county per county