3A top 10 pre-season

DisabledAccount

This is a hard time to do a top 10 in Class 3A because of the moving parts right now. I feel 100% confident in my top 3 though.

1) Jacksonville Trinity- They're #1 until somebody beats them.
2) Clearwater Central Catholic - Team that benefits the most from Chaminade's fall. 
3) American Heritage Delray - Not as talented as years past Stallions, but Alec Sincfield and a strong defense get them in the top 3.

After the top 3, we have to see how many players end up transferring out of Chaminade. They lost Shaun Shivers, Xavier Williams and Keondra White and that star Sr safety (can't recall his name)- most importantly, they lost Coach Milgrom and most importantly, community support. Shivers was really the soul of that program. I don't believe that knocks them out of the top 10, but it does knock them out of the top 5 right now. How far out of the top 5 will be determined over the coming weeks. 

If I had to rank 4-10 right now based on what I know...

4) Tampa Catholic
5) Orlando First Academy
6) Oxbridge Academy
7) Chaminade-Madonna
8) Tampa Berkeley Prep
9) Ocala Trinity
10) Lakeland Christian

Again, we have to see where the pieces fall; however, as of July 31st if I had to give a top 10- I'd go with this. 

This is a hard time to do a top 10 in Class 3A because of the moving parts right now. I feel 100% confident in my top 3 though.

1) Jacksonville Trinity- They're #1 until somebody beats them.

2) Clearwater Central Catholic - Team that benefits the most from Chaminade's fall.

3) American Heritage Delray - Not as talented as years past Stallions, but Alec Sincfield and a strong defense get them in the top 3.

After the top 3, we have to see how many players end up transferring out of Chaminade. They lost Shaun Shivers, Xavier Williams and Keondra White and that star Sr safety (can't recall his name)- most importantly, they lost Coach Milgrom and most importantly, community support. Shivers was really the soul of that program. I don't believe that knocks them out of the top 10, but it does knock them out of the top 5 right now. How far out of the top 5 will be determined over the coming weeks.

If I had to rank 4-10 right now based on what I know...

4) Tampa Catholic

5) Orlando First Academy

6) Oxbridge Academy

7) Chaminade-Madonna

8) Tampa Berkeley Prep

9) Ocala Trinity

10) Lakeland Christian

Again, we have to see where the pieces fall; however, as of July 31st if I had to give a top 10- I'd go with this.

great insight as always on this class

Just conversed with Coach Sturdivant and will get out to see the team practice when the full pads go on April 8th. I think we're going to see a completely different animal this season from Trinity Catholic. Think 2005 and 2006. Coach believes that the players have bought into his way of coaching, which is a collegiate style, and that people are going to be very surprised when they meet up with the Celtics. The team is Senior laden with many who have been on the team for 3 and 4 years. Also got in about 7 new players from the public schools. I have seen them on you tube and they are pretty darn good. Our schedule will get us ready for any team that we meet in the playoffs:

7A Buchholz in the KO Classic - a 2nd round playoff team

2A Admiral Farragut - a second round playoff team

5A Jesuit - a 4th round playoff team 

6A Lake Weir - a 500 team but still 6A

5A Wakulla - a 5th round playoff team

4A South Sumter - a 1st round playoff team

3A CCC - a 3rd round playoff team

3A Westminster - a 1st round playoff team

We also have to get by 3A First Academy in our district. I'm told that they are equal to the First Academy of 2012 where they defeated us and went to the 3rd round of the playoffs against Madison. 

I'm aware that the Chaminade players decided to transfer back into Chaminade after the financial aid situation was fixed.

So, now the question is- What to do with them. I'm aware that Damon Jones, Coach Laine and Coach Columbi are excellent coaches, but this was really Jason Milgrom team.

I think Chaminade jumps back into the 4 spot, but the 3 programs above them are more stable now.

I think Chaminade even with the new coach is better than Oxbridge and Tampa Catholic.

I'll mull it over for a bit. I gotta check to see if CCC landed the Presley kid.

3A Preseason State (Region)

Trinity Christian (1)

Chaminade-Madonna (4)
Clearwater Central Catholic (3)
Oxbridge Academy (4)
American Heritage Delray(4)
Tampa Catholic (2)

First Academy Orlando (1)

Trinity Catholic (2)
Berkeley Prep (2)
Lakeland Christian (2)

Others: FSU High School, John Carroll, Holy Trinity Episcopal, Taylor County, Trinity Prep, Melbourne Central Catholic, Providence, Episcopal, Cardinal Newman, Pensacola Catholic, Westminster Christian

3A Preseason State (Region)

Trinity Christian (1)

Chaminade-Madonna (4)

Clearwater Central Catholic (3)

Oxbridge Academy (4)

American Heritage Delray(4)

Tampa Catholic (2)

First Academy Orlando (1)

Trinity Catholic (2)

Berkeley Prep (2)

Lakeland Christian (2)

Others: FSU High School, John Carroll, Holy Trinity Episcopal, Taylor County, Trinity Prep, Melbourne Central Catholic, Providence, Episcopal, Cardinal Newman, Pensacola Catholic, Westminster Christian

Looks like the AP poll agrees with me  B)

No delray American heritage? Wow

I would agree with your top ten list other then the number 8 ranking. Coming from someone who watched TCA  run up and down the field on us at will last year in the second round of the playoffs. Taylor County is way better then they were last year with numerous players returning (mostly starters). A lot of people looked past us being the only public school in this private school 3A classification until we drove 4 hours to play a district game against Pensacola Catholic and beat them then having FSU High School come to us and beating them giving us the out right Distric championship then beating Providence in the first round. Just keep an eye out for us we coming!!

I would agree with your top ten list other then the number 8 ranking. Coming from someone who watched TCA run up and down the field on us at will last year in the second round of the playoffs. Taylor County is way better then they were last year with numerous players returning (mostly starters). A lot of people looked past us being the only public school in this private school 3A classification until we drove 4 hours to play a district game against Pensacola Catholic and beat them then having FSU High School come to us and beating them giving us the out right Distric championship then beating Providence in the first round. Just keep an eye out for us we coming!!

Welcome to the board, Taylor county rep right?