8A top 10 pre-season

DisabledAccount

They lost their best player on both offense (their workhorse RB to Maryland) and defense (best player on team CB Carlos Becker to FSU) as well as a couple other guys

They don't bring a heck of a lot back. Who would you put them in over?

Their defense will still be playing at a high level this year offensive wise got some young good talented backs. I don't see mandarin, south dade or coral gables being better then them in my eyes.

Their defense will still be playing at a high level this year offensive wise got some young good talented backs. I don't see mandarin, south dade or coral gables being better then them in my eyes.

How are you so sure? They need to replace a lot defensively

How are you so sure? They need to replace a lot defensively

Pretty confident in that. They really didn't have to replace a lot, most of the d line is back as well with all three LB and one DB. The other Db that left was a big piece in Carlos Becker, stepping in for that spot they'll have Quavon brown who already started multiple games last year and should come in and make a impact. Only real spot they needed to really replace is at safety...

Good to hear, those were my thoughts too on the defense. To me you guys are a big ? Not sure what to expect since you'll be replacing so much, but who knows by the end of the year

We shall see what we are made of in week 3 @Bishop Moore. Then hit argueably the toughest district in the north, come outta that unscathed and we better be top 10, hell top 5!!!

I haven't said anything about DP and now I will. This is the best team since 2010. DP has lost its last 3 playoff games by a combined 5 points.

D1's

QB - UCF committed

WR - USF committed

WR - one D1 offer (Jr)

OL - multiple D1 offers (Jr)

RB/SS - multiple D1 offers

DE - Nebraska committed

DE - NC State committed

FS - high D1 (Jr)

LB - multiple high D1 offers

Lots of others will go D1 but they are sophomores and juniors.

They include

WR (Jr)

LB (Jr)

LB (Jr)

CB (Jr)

LB (So)

DE (Fr)

I'm done now.

I haven't said anything about DP and now I will. This is the best team since 2010. DP has lost its last 3 playoff games by a combined 5 points.

D1's

QB - UCF committed

WR - USF committed

WR - one D1 offer (Jr)

OL - multiple D1 offers (Jr)

RB/SS - multiple D1 offers

DE - Nebraska committed

DE - NC State committed

FS - high D1 (Jr)

LB - multiple high D1 offers

Lots of others will go D1 but they are sophomores and juniors.

They include

WR (Jr)

LB (Jr)

LB (Jr)

CB (Jr)

LB (So)

DE (Fr)

I'm done now.

Welcome to the board, I'm glad you joined over here

8A Preseason State (Region)

Apopka (1)

Southridge (4)

Columbus (4)

Deerfield Beach (3)

Dr. Phillips (2)

Mandarin (1)

Osceola (2)

Manatee (2)

Flanagan (3)

University Orange City (1)

Others: PB Gardens (3), Miramar (3), Boca Raton (3), Lake Brantley (1) Sandalwood (1), Fort Pierce Central (2), West Orange (1), Delray Atlantic (3), Piper (3), Coral Gables (4), Steinbrenner (2), Vero Beach (2), Olympia (2), Western (3), Killian (4), Wekiva (1), South Dade (4), Seminole (1), Park Vista (3), Winter Park (1), Oak Ridge (2), Stoneman Douglas (3),  Treasure Coast (2), Oviedo (1)

8A Preseason State (Region)

Apopka (1)

Southridge (4)

Columbus (4)

Deerfield Beach (3)

Dr. Phillips (2)

Mandarin (1)

Osceola (2)

Manatee (2)

Flanagan (3)

University Orange City (1)

Others: PB Gardens (3), Miramar (3), Boca Raton (3), Lake Brantley (1) Sandalwood (1), Fort Pierce Central (2), West Orange (1), Delray Atlantic (3), Piper (3), Coral Gables (4), Steinbrenner (2), Vero Beach (2), Olympia (2), Western (3), Killian (4), Wekiva (1), South Dade (4), Seminole (1), Park Vista (3), Winter Park (1), Oak Ridge (2), Stoneman Douglas (3), Treasure Coast (2), Oviedo (1)

What you think of Apopka vs Deerfield beach being 8A final?

What you think of Apopka vs Deerfield beach being 8A final?

Could happen. Regarding DB getting there...Deerfield Beach always struggles to get out of Region 3.  If they get by Flanagan/Miramar they will likely have to face Region 4  : Southridge - a more talented team than Deerfield or Columbus- a near equivalently talented and very well coached, playoff experienced team.  But it is hard to deny Deerfield a good shot at this point.   Apopka has the talent and coaching so a good shot for them to return.

Could happen. Regarding DB getting there...Deerfield Beach always struggles to get out of Region 3. If they get by Flanagan/Miramar they will likely have to face Region 4 : Southridge - a more talented team than Deerfield or Columbus- a near equivalently talented and very well coached, playoff experienced team. But it is hard to deny Deerfield a good shot at this point. Apopka has the talent and coaching so a good shot for them to return.

Talent wise the best duval team public wise is sandalwood and should make it through those area teams, I have them playing and falling in a close game to Apopka in 3rd round, outside of that Apopka likely plays west Orange in district rematch in 2nd round and Dr Phillips or manatee in 4th round

Could happen. Regarding DB getting there...Deerfield Beach always struggles to get out of Region 3.  If they get by Flanagan/Miramar they will likely have to face Region 4  : Southridge - a more talented team than Deerfield or Columbus- a near equivalently talented and very well coached, playoff experienced team.  But it is hard to deny Deerfield a good shot at this point.   Apopka has the talent and coaching so a good shot for them to return.

Lets say hell breaks loose and Boca Raton slides past deerfield do you think they can use that momentum to get to states?

Lets say hell breaks loose and Boca Raton slides past deerfield do you think they can use that momentum to get to states?

You could say it is due to happen or you could say history and trends do not favor that happening.    

Since 8a was formed back in 2011 only 1 Palm Beach County has made it through the 3rd round.  PB Gardens in 2013 played at Home and upset Miramar 12-10.  The following week they were blasted by South Dade  10-37.

In the last five years PB County teams have lost in the 8A - 3rd round:

2015: Delray Atlantic 0- 35 Flanagan

2014: Wellington 0-32 Flanagan

2013: Miramar 10 -12 PB Gardens

2012: Seminole Ridge 14-31 Cypress Bay

2011: PB Gardens 7-35 Miramar

Home team in BOLD

Since 2011 8A 3rd Round PB County versus Broward County:  31 - 143 !

I could see Boca Raton with "all hell breaking loose" and possibly skidding past Deerfield if they play at Home in Boca.  Slim chance, but possible.   If they pulled that off they would 110% need to be at Home to have a prayer getting by Columbus or Southridge.  The only thing I think Boca Raton has going for them is 8A in Broward and Dade will be down from last year.

You could say it is due to happen or you could say history and trends do not favor that happening.    

Since 8a was formed back in 2011 only 1 Palm Beach County has made it through the 3rd round.  PB Gardens in 2013 played at Home and upset Miramar 12-10.  The following week they were blasted by South Dade  10-37.  The last two years PB County teams have lost in the 3rd round:

2015: Wellington 0-32 Flanagan

2014: Delray Atlantic 0- 35 Flanagan

2013: Miramar 10 -12 PB Gardens

2012: Seminole Ridge 14-31 Cypress Bay

2011: PB Gardens 7-35 Miramar

Home team in BOLD

Since 2011 8A 3rd Round PB County versus Broward County:  31 - 143 !

I could see Boca Raton with "all hell breaking loose" and possibly skidding past Deerfield if they play at Home in Boca.  Slim chance, but possible.   If they pulled that off they would 110% need to be at Home to have a prayer getting by Columbus or Southridge.   

I think deerfield is better than both of them