FINAL ST THOMAS 24 DILLARD 6

THIS_IS_DILLARD

After having basically another bye because of hurricane Ian Dillard takes the field in their first Home game since August 26 Vs the Number 5 team in the nation in STA Aquinas. 

Dillard is coming off a 43-7 beat down Vs maybe the best team in the country in MIAMI central. Dillard fought for half (down 14-7) at the half , but as we know football is a 4 quarter game which Dillard has not shown they could manage to play against elite competition.

With The Boyd Anderson game having to forfeit the next 2 games because of a shooting that took place a few weeks back DILLARD was awarded the win & given another bye ; So with that said tomorrow night will be basically for the district championship.

Dillard is also calling this game a “BLACK OUT” game & they will be revealing their new all black uniforms, a color they have not worn since 1999 & the alumni went into a uproar. 

All that aside WIN tomorrow & everything that happen up until this point will be minute. Dillard Still Has All their Goals in front of them. Win tomorrow & You’re District Champs & hosting bare minimum your first 3 playoff games. 

With that said the #5 team in the nation st THOMAS raiders will be the faves as they should, unless Dillard had a true coming to Jesus moment in the last two weeks I see it being a competitive first half with STA being STA pulling away in the second. Hopefully my panthers prove me wrong especially in the New Uni’s. But for For Right Now My Prediction Will Be. 

ST THOMAS 35 DILLARD 14 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah it is and that's the type of thing that will get exposed against elite teams 

I felt going into the season that Dillard had a shot to win at least 1 of the major games in the regular season and so far Dillard has seemingly competed for about a half with both before falling apart and getting trampled in the second half, I hope they can do better against STA but STA has seemingly stepped up a bit the last few weeks, the one playing the first 2-3 weeks seemed a bit vulnerable (may still be) but I'm concerned that Dillard hasn't progressed to the point that I felt they needed to in order to beat them 

Dillard may actually have a better starting lineup than STA, especially in the trenches. However STA has the depth advantage and if Dillard can't pull the trigger in the second half they may not be able to hold a lead long enough to beat STA. Just like last year Dillard needs to limit mistakes and find ways to win on "extra" possessions whether that's punt returns, kick returns or defensive TD's if they want to win and they need to limit turnovers. If they blow possessions like they did against Central or mentally collapse like they did against Chaminade then STA will feed off of that easily

Figured this would apply here as well 

TBH I don't get why anyone gets bothered by the jersey thing but I'm so glad we beat Madison County in our first ever time wearing black jerseys otherwise I'm sure that the fanbase would have been blaming the jerseys for our performance like they did with the grey ones (we would have lost to Apopka in any jerseys because of how undisciplined we played that 2015 game but the alumni and even some coaches blamed the jerseys)

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Figured this would apply here as well 

TBH I don't get why anyone gets bothered by the jersey thing but I'm so glad we beat Madison County in our first ever time wearing black jerseys otherwise I'm sure that the fanbase would have been blaming the jerseys for our performance like they did with the grey ones (we would have lost to Apopka in any jerseys because of how undisciplined we played that 2015 game but the alumni and even some coaches blamed the jerseys)

Those black unis with the purple helmets were definitely on point. 

43 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

After having basically another bye because of hurricane Ian Dillard takes the field in their first game since August 26 Vs the Number 5 team in the nation in STA Aquinas. 

Dillard is coming off a 43-7 beat down Vs maybe the best team in the country in MIAMI central. Dillard fought for half (down 14-7) at the half , but as we know football is a 4 quarter game which Dillard has not shown they could manage to play against elite competition.

With The Boyd Anderson game having to forfeit the next 2 games because of a shooting that took place a few weeks back DILLARD was awarded the win & given another bye ; So with that said tomorrow night will be basically for the district championship.

Dillard is also calling this game a “BLACK OUT” game & they will be revealing their new all black uniforms, a color they have not worn since 1999 & the alumni went into a uproar. 

All that aside WIN tomorrow & everything that happen up until this point will be minute. Dillard Still Has All their Goals in front of them. Win tomorrow & You’re District Champs & hosting bare minimum your first 3 playoff games. 

With that said the #5 team in the nation st THOMAS raiders will be the faves as they should, unless Dillard had a true coming to Jesus moment in the last two weeks I see it being a competitive first half with STA being STA pulling away in the second. Hopefully my panthers prove me wrong especially in the New Uni’s. But for For Right Now My Prediction Will Be. 

ST THOMAS 35 DILLARD 14 

I'll be rooting for Dillard, hopefully they play tough all 4 quarters and don't lose themselves when things get tough like they did in the second half against Central and Chaminade. The fact that their able to stay in those games at halftime should've been plenty of motivation being that both of those teams are top teams in the nation.

That meltdown against Chaminade shocked me, especially with all the social media talk.

Out of ALL 3 TOP 10 national teams Dillard has played this year this was Dillard BEST over all performance. But at the end of it all a LOST IS STILL A LOST! no moral victories for a team as talented as Dillard. As of right now we’re just a VERY good public school With national powerhouse potential, but we’re just NOT there yet. And now at (2-3) Dillard has little to no margin of error the rest of the way. It’s like we’re SOOOOOO close but YET not close enough. Defense was amazing tonight but once again our offense could not help them out at ALL! , still a long season but having 3 BIG NATIONAL GAMES & to go (0-3) is very disappointing with the expectations that Dillard had coming into the year. At the end of the day tho it’s STILL GO PANTHERS!!! On to plantation.

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Out of ALL 3 TOP 10 national teams Dillard has played this year this was Dillard BEST over all performance. But at the end of it all a LOST IS STILL A LOST! no moral victories for a team as talented as Dillard. As of right now we’re just a VERY good public school With national powerhouse potential, but we’re just NOT there yet. And now at (2-3) Dillard has little to no margin of error the rest of the way. It’s like we’re SOOOOOO close but YET not close enough. Defense was amazing tonight but once again our offense could not help them out at ALL! , still a long season but having 3 BIG NATIONAL GAMES & to go (0-3) is very disappointing with the expectations that Dillard had coming into the year. At the end of the day tho it’s STILL GO PANTHERS!!! On to plantation.

Definitely know what you mean. Cocoa going through the same thing. 0-3 against their marquee matchups. Y'all should definitely finish off strong and the get a high at large ranking in your region.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Plantation will b a game, like Miramar, that shows the Panthers can take care of business with the good unranked teams, showing their superiority (Norland) of them, while being beneath the elite in the nation(STA, Cham, Central) at present time.