House Bill 225 and the changes coming to the FHSAA

Joshua Wilson

2 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Yet all we hear everyday is that right-winged BS, "We want our freedom"

2 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Yet all we hear everyday is that right-winged BS, "We want our freedom"

HEAR EVERDAY??  Where, in your imagination.  Almost all newspaper media in FL are owned by McClatchy, Chicago-Tribune, Poynter Media and Gannett which feed us as you refer to it " Left-Winged BS".  Local TV networks are more of the same.  So please, spare us the hysteria. 

7 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

HEAR EVERDAY??  Where, in your imagination.  Almost all newspaper media in FL are owned by McClatchy, Chicago-Tribune, Poynter Media and Gannett which feed us as you refer to it " Left-Winged BS".  Local TV networks are more of the same.  So please, spare us the hysteria. 

Ray, both you and I know that you are 100% correct. I also know how exasperating it can be trying to explain and get your point across to some of these people. You always have someone who thinks very highly of what you have to say in me. (Even if you don't care for me very much.) 

7 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

What I find most fascinating from the party that says it espouses small government, is they pass legislation that increases the size and cost of government, takes away local control, and ignors the constitution both the Federal one and the State one. In fact, they're every bit as "progressive " as the other party. Corrupt too.

8 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

The person you are responding to has demonstrated several times already that they are unwilling to listen to logic or reason of any kind. No matter how many times you lead this horse to water, it will never drink. You’re a smart man. Don’t fall for his tricks.  

8 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

What I find most fascinating from the party that says it espouses small government, is they pass legislation that increases the size and cost of government, takes away local control, and ignors the constitution both the Federal one and the State one. In fact, they're every bit as "progressive " as the other party. Corrupt too.

My goal is to avoid a partisan discussion as I enjoy my interactions with most on this board (even those I disagree with) and would like to keep it this way rather than get thrown off.  Sometimes you have to respond to nonsense and that was the extent of my post and want to avoid getting dragged into more of the same with you.  I was guilty once before of committing a foul responding to a foul and like in football, I was the only one penalized.  Much can be found wrong on either side of the aisle, thus I have a healthy distrust of any politician sort of like I feel about lawyers.  Hope this clears it up for you. 

On 6/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Newspapers nor local TV has nothing to do with it. I don't need anyone to tell me what we all live and see everyday. It's actually called getting out of my bed each day, leaving my home at some point, and encountering the world we live in.

Real life media will exist as long as people like you and your type exist no matter how much you try to pretend it doesn't.

Thanks for that rant by the way, it just reinforces what I already knew about you. 

• 2 months later...

This will be of little interest to most, but the governor has appointed his 8 representatives to the FHSAA Board of Directors, per HB 225.  More of a "public" and "suburban" lean than I would have expected.  Still 2 public and 2 nonpublic representatives to be elected, but this is the group that will be responsible for setting the policies and procedures that we like to complain about.

https://www.flgov.com/2023/08/22/governor-ron-desantis-appoints-eight-to-the-florida-high-school-athletic-association-board-of-directors/#:~:text=— Today%2C Governor Ron DeSantis announced the appointment,Florida High School Athletic Association Board of Directors.