2M to see more of the same?

VeniceIndianFan

5 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

I refuse to believe all schools in the state are scared to play MC. MC is somewhat of a brand now. I don't think they go after certain teams which dumb. Why not reach out to Orlando Boone, Edgewater, Apopka, etc. And then there's the issue of where's the game gonna be played. 

I believe Rockledge reached out to play Central but that got turned down due to Rockledge not being on their caliber to boost Central schedule. Which as a Rockledge alum I understand completely because Rockledge hasn't won a major game where they were underdogs or the team was a known challenge in a while now. And that was verified by a Rockledge and Central coach on Twitter spaces.

6 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

lol you got a lowkey hater tone but thats neither here nor there. bishop gorman literally almost beat mater dei last season tho, & img smash st francis. how do you suddenly figure those 3 schools are just lightyears ahead of everybody? you really dont you just dont wanna admit cent on that level. 

besides chaminade is & bg is 2 top 10 matchups plus booker t, mnw & norland having a chance to become top 25 in the nation as the season progresses. Columbus in the gmac and they top 25 as we speak. Its no doubt in my mind if they run the table they win the natty. 

Hater ? Hate on what lol ? Because I gave my opinion come on bra tighten up & get out ya feelings. Y’all folks from dade b on defense bout everything when a mf don’t agree wit y’all. 

my opinion still stands even if y’all ran the table I don’t think it will be enough for central to capture their first natty. I still think mater dei , SFA & SJB all have overall schedules that is a tier above central schedule. 

you can use chaminade as a top 10 matchup but that same chaminade team who blew through everybody to win another state title got blew out in the city of champions by Gorman 2 weeks later. So it’s clear when it comes to nationally chaminade isn’t anywhere as dominate as they’re locally. 

6 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

lol you got a lowkey hater tone but thats neither here nor there. bishop gorman literally almost beat mater dei last season tho, & img smash st francis. how do you suddenly figure those 3 schools are just lightyears ahead of everybody? you really dont you just dont wanna admit cent on that level. 

besides chaminade is & bg is 2 top 10 matchups plus booker t, mnw & norland having a chance to become top 25 in the nation as the season progresses. Columbus in the gmac and they top 25 as we speak. It’s no doubt in my mind if they run the table they win the natty. 

It’s all love doe Brodie I legit have nothing to lose or gain wit central getting or not getting the natty nor is central on our schedule or in our division. I’m jus talkin ball till we get some live action starting next month.

49 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Hater ? Hate on what lol ? Because I gave my opinion come on bra tighten up & get out ya feelings. Y’all folks from dade b on defense bout everything when a mf don’t agree wit y’all. 

my opinion still stands even if y’all ran the table I don’t think it will be enough for central to capture their first natty. I still think mater dei , SFA & SJB all have overall schedules that is a tier above central schedule. 

you can use chaminade as a top 10 matchup but that same chaminade team who blew through everybody to win another state title got blew out in the city of champions by Gorman 2 weeks later. So it’s clear when it comes to nationally chaminade isn’t anywhere as dominate as they’re locally. 

Let it be the other way around and Dillard was the Central of today. I can bet my whole life's saving you'd be ready to fight if someone talked badly about Dillard but I get where your coming from though.

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t think it will be enough for central to capture their first natty

Central did win a poll last year. National HSFB.com. Rather people acknowledge it or not, it did happen and is a part of the composite poll used to average team rankings nationality. MC got a piece of the pie. And sometimes that's all you need. 

Your opinion is valid. Those schools do have better overall schedules than Central. My theory is first and foremost, Central would need to win all and win impressively. MD, SFA, SJB, IMG all would need to lose somewhere in the mix. Good thing here is that all these are linked to a game in someway with each other. Too many possible scenarios to try and figure out in July. But it's possible. 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

nah definitely your opinion is your opinion. it just seemed alittle biased against the hometeam regardless plenty ppl go against the grain & its not an issue but your takes seem to have a push pull type deal wea you give cent they credit then you take it away because they schedule or something. all i say is respect dominance as we have not seen a run like this in our lifetime  

Gorman game was an outlier, chaminade has played and beat buford, st johns dc & a that team frm washington. pretty sure its more too, so its not like they just cant compete nationally. they just met a monster last season playing way out west. 

26 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

nah definitely your opinion is your opinion. it just seemed alittle biased against the hometeam regardless plenty ppl go against the grain & its not an issue but your takes seem to have a push pull type deal wea you give cent they credit then you take it away because they schedule or something. all i say is respect dominance as we have not seen a run like this in our lifetime  

Gorman game was an outlier, chaminade has played and beat buford, st johns dc & a that team frm washington. pretty sure its more too, so its not like they just cant compete nationally. they just met a monster last season playing way out west. 

Nah never biased Brodie & it if it came off that way then that’s most def wasn’t the case. If there’s anytime I maybe even a lil biased Is when it comes to Dillard. In regards to any other team I just give my opinion because outside of that I really have no dog in the fight. 

As Far As Going against the home team & not seeing another run like this again, if you ask me Miami central and chaminade is pretty much doing the same thing, just in two separate counties. & while racking up all these state rings is lifetime experience, it’s also safe to mention that the overall core of powerhouses is very few which is why you see the same schools in the title game over & over. 

CENTRAL

STA

CHAMINADE 

Gibbons got two recently but look how long it took them to get there and how many transfers it took them getting.

booker t had their run of 5 str8 some years back but haven’t been that national force in the last 5-6 years.

same with The West, carol city & Miami norland. The Vikings had 1 magical state title run going 15-0 with duke Johnson & haven’t been back to the promise land since. 

37 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

So while I do believe south Florida has the overall better talent. I also believe with those teams out west those kids are better conditioned & they’re better coached with actual pro style football fundamentals which in my opinion creates an overall better football team. 

which is why I don’t believe any team down here outside of maybe img would be able to survive & consistently compete in the trinity league division.

8 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Let it be the other way around and Dillard was the Central of today. I can bet my whole life's saving you'd be ready to fight if someone talked badly about Dillard but I get where you’re coming from though.

Bra I be ready to active bout dillard even if they was 0-10 lol & even tho dillard and central is in two diff ball parks right now, they are both programs who deserves respect. 

so hell yea if a person come talkin crazy bout that blue and gray it’s UP lol. But you see this my school where I played for, fought at & graduated from. I believe the only rocket on here is @MC Rockets everybody else that speak on dade football from dade is supporters of other schools but still speak on the behalf of all the dade schools because that’s where they’re from. 

Bra I be ready to active bout dillard even if they was 0-10 lol & even tho dillard and central is in two diff ball parks right now, they are both programs who deserves respect. 

so hell yea if a person come talkin crazy bout that blue and gray it’s UP lol. But you see this my school where I played for, fought at & graduated from. I believe the only rocket on here is @MC Rockets everybody else that speak on dade football from dade is supporters of other schools but still speak on the behalf of all the dade schools because that’s where they’re from. 

Which is how it should be. Regardless of if you went to Central or Dillard you should want the home team to win. Obviously you gone rep which county you from the most Dade or Broward.

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Nah never biased Brodie & it if it came off that way then that’s most def wasn’t the case. If there’s anytime I maybe even a lil biased Is when it comes to Dillard. In regards to any other team I just give my opinion because outside of that I really have no dog in the fight. 

As Far As Going against the home team & not seeing another run like this again, if you ask me Miami central and chaminade is pretty much doing the same thing, just in two separate counties. & while racking up all these state rings is lifetime experience, it’s also safe to mention that the overall core of powerhouses is very few which is why you see the same schools in the title game over & over. 

CENTRAL

STA

CHAMINADE 

Gibbons got two recently but look how long it took them to get there and how many transfers it took them getting.

booker t had their run of 5 str8 some years back but haven’t been that national force in the last 5-6 years.

same with The West, carol city & Miami norland. The Vikings had 1 magical state title run going 15-0 with duke Johnson & haven’t been back to the promise land since. 

Your correct but Booker T. Washington last state title was in 2019 as they went

13-2 but in total they have 6.

18 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Your correct but Booker T. Washington last state title was in 2019 as they went

13-2 but in total they have 6.

& alot of folks dont btw has 6 rings since 99. frm 98 to like the 60s btw was a middle school part of the only black schools in dade county along with northwestern/dorsey & carver high down south. so it’s actually pretty impressive seeing that btw was has only been a real highschool for 25 years and has 6 rings & a natty. 

Central was all white til the 70s & so was jackson & norland. 

5 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

& alot of folks dont btw has 6 rings since 99. frm 98 to like the 60s btw was a middle school part of the only black schools in dade county along with northwestern/dorsey & carver high down south. so it’s actually pretty impressive seeing that btw was has only been a real highschool for 25 years and has 6 rings & a natty. 

Central was all white til the 70s & so was jackson 

Not Norland. My aunt graduated from Norland and she said once before that in 1984 the year she graduated that Norland was becoming predominantly black. By this time around the football team, basketball team, cheerleaders and marching was predominantly black if not all black.

Now Northwestern is historically black, Central by the mid 70's became black and Jackson was predominantly black in the late 60's until now being predominantly Hispanic. Allapattah was a predominantly black neighborhood and you had Overtown.

But yeah what Booker T. Washington is doing is incredible to only be back open since 1999 as a high school and have 6 state titles and a national title. Now what people don't realize is when Booker T. Washington was a middle school Overtown was zoned to 3 different high schools. Miami Beach, Miami High and Jackson which all were really good but now they all suck.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Not Norland. My aunt graduated from Norland and she said once before that in 1984 the year she graduated that Norland was becoming predominantly black. By this time around the football team, basketball team, cheerleaders and marching was predominantly black if not all black.

Now Northwestern is historically black, Central by the mid 70's became black and Jackson was predominantly black in the late 60's until now being predominantly Hispanic. Allapattah was a predominantly black neighborhood and you had Overtown.

But yeah what Booker T. Washington is doing is incredible to only be back open since 1999 as a high school and have 6 state titles and a national title. Now what people don't realize is when Booker T. Washington was a middle school Overtown was zoned to 3 different high schools. Miami Beach, Miami High and Jackson which all were really good but now they all suck.

Solid info my boy. Much love and respect for every young man getting out there on that field putting there best foot forward to create a better lively hood for them and their fam.

I just wish we had more powerhouse parity with in south Florida football. Of course every school can’t be a state champion. But I wish that the talent was much more spread around to the point you had a plethora of championship contenders where you don’t know whose gonna advance. 

right now south Florida football has become lowkey so predictable you dam near know every upcoming state champion for each class b4 the season even start smh .

15 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Solid info my boy. Much love and respect for every young man getting out there on that field putting there best foot forward to create a better lively hood for them and their fam.

I just wish we had more powerhouse parity with in south Florida football. Of course every school can’t be a state champion. But I wish that the talent was much more spread around to the point you had a plethora of championship contenders where you don’t know whose gonna advance. 

right now south Florida football has become lowkey so predictable you dam near know every upcoming state champion for each class b4 the season even start smh .

Yes your right and now every school can't get a state title until next year if things don't change. Booker T. Washington, Norland, Central and Northwestern are all I'm 2M.

21 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

yep players like udonis haslem had to go to the high. Imagine what booker t couldve been. Overtown has always bred ballers. Its just hard to keep em cause overtown has always been real street with alot of outside distractions. 

20 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Blame the private & charter schools, the old days were nice when you outliers like southridge or south dade or miramar come out of nowhere but you got so many lil private charters kids are dispersed twice as much. its weird honestly. 

22 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

yep players like udonis haslem had to go to the high. Imagine what booker t couldve been. Overtown has always bred ballers. Its just hard to keep em cause overtown has always been real street with alot of outside distractions. 

Exactly and people don't know this but Luke went to Miami Beach and Ice went to Jackson and both are from Overtown. Could you just imagine Booker T. Washington during those days as a high school.

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

Blame the private & charter schools, the old days were nice when you outliers like southridge or south dade or miramar come out of nowhere but you got so many lil private charters kids are dispersed twice as much. its weird honestly. 

The thing is if you want to use that as a reason for broward you’re most def right. 

our last public school down here to win a state title. (FLANAGAN) in 2015 & that also was a team loaded with transfers.

before then the last public school down here to win a title was Miramar iN 09, so you mean to tell me in the last 14 years only ONE public school has been able to win a chip with ALL of this “RICH TALENT” broward county suppose to have year in & out. ?

but when you look at it in it’s totality it makes all the sense because when you have ALL the talent loading up at the same old private schools year in & out 

STA

American heritage 

chaminade 

cardinal gibbons 

it leaves no room for the public’s. Such as Dillard, Ely, Deerfield , Miramar Etc. 

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

Now in Miami case outside of Columbus y’all don’t have to realistically worry about any other private schools. 

dade problem is everybody try to load up at the same old “IT” schools year after year. 

CENTRAL

MNW

About 10 years back it was carol city & booker t as the “IT” schools most of the kids transferred to.

Now HOMESTEAD is one of the “IT” schools along with Booker T, Central & the west. 

problem is MNW,MC,BTW, Miami norland are ALL in the same class. 

honestly tho I would prefer broward to have our talent dispersed in all of our HBC high schools like this instead of the rich getting richer (STA,CHAMINADE,AMERICAN HERITAGE, GIBBONS)

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Now in Miami case outside of Columbus y’all don’t have to realistically worry about any other private schools. 

dade problem is everybody try to load up at the same old “IT” schools year after year. 

CENTRAL

MNW

About 10 years back it was carol city & booker t as the “IT” schools most of the kids transferred to.

Now HOMESTEAD is one of the “IT” schools along with Booker T, Central & the west. 

honestly tho I would prefer broward to have our talent dispersed in all of our HBC high schools like this instead of the rich getting richer (STA,CHAMINADE,AMERICAN HERITAGE, GIBBONS)

very true in browards case. In dade tho there aren’t really “it” schools. some schools have more of a program feel than some ex: the west, central btw cc & norland and that being because they’ve all been winners in their respective eras. The problem comes in with pay & resource where good coaches who have built these programs leave for greener pastures and the program goes into what i like to call dormant mode. Carol City the biggest example cause what happen over there since 2018 the world may never know. Another example was btw after Coach harris left in 2015. We not able to retain our really good coaches. 

I also blame the parents and broward lol. no offense tho. Yall programs come in & get alot of dades best, and the parents let it happen for a better environment. 

35 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

very true in browards case. In dade tho there aren’t really “it” schools. some schools have more of a program feel than some ex: the west, central btw cc & norland and that being because they’ve all been winners in their respective eras. The problem comes in with pay & resource where good coaches who have built these programs leave for greener pastures and the program goes into what i like to call dormant mode. Carol City the biggest example cause what happen over there since 2018 the world may never know. Another example was btw after Coach harris left in 2015. We not able to retain our really good coaches. 

I also blame the parents and broward lol. no offense tho. Yall programs come in & get alot of dades best, and the parents let it happen for a better environment. 

Aye both counties do it to eachother instead the excuses in broward be they went to a powerhouse in dade for “BETTER EXPOSURE” or a better chance at a scholarship. 

not only do I blame the parents but I blame the coaches, & social media. These kids these days Have ZERO LOYALTY! They have no true grit or fight. It’s all monkey see monkey do. 3-4 kids transfer to a certain school now the whole click & then some transferring to that school. 

none of these kids wanna truly wanna work for a ring nor do some of them care if they win one or not, it’s all about what school can I transfer to that can get me in a d1 the quickest. 

I blame the parents because are you the parent or are yo kids the parent ? Because ain’t no way In hell my son gonna come to me 3x in 3 years bout transferring them to a diff school. 

I def blame the coaches because they encourage it, they are all in the kids inboxes , at they house in the living room , even paying them to get them at their program. While talking down on the school & head coach where the kid currently play Smh. Not realizing all of this transferring don’t look good at all in the eyes of the recruiters. 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

CENTRAL

MNW

Columbus is down south and is far from the likes of Norland, Central, Northwestern and Booker T. Washington which is why they could never gravitate toward all of that talent. 

Broward is different because all of the private schools are in close proximity of a lot of schools so they can pull the talent. Deerfield Beach, Blanche Ely, Dillard and Boyd Anderson. Miramar is to far but I'm sure these privates can get talent from Miramar.

15 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Columbus is down south and is far from the likes of Norland, Central, Northwestern and Booker T. Washington which is why they could never gravitate toward all of that talent. 

Broward is different because all of the private schools are in close proximity of a lot of schools so they can pull the talent. Deerfield Beach, Blanche Ely, Dillard and Boyd Anderson. Miramar is to far but I'm sure these privates can get talent from Miramar.

Facts but these schools were always there only diff is back then we were raised to play for our home school like our forefathers b4 us and take pride in beating those “privileged boys” from the private schools. 

now it seem as if the pride and tradition no longer exits & the mentality now is if you can’t beat them join them.