Braden River at Venice

941football

This is a game that will most likely be packed and will put pressure on the loser to beat Palmetto to get into the playoffs. 7A-11 is a 3 team race as it was last year. A 2 loss good team will be sitting at home once again this year.

With both teams having a bye week before this Friday it will be intresting.

I was supposed to head up to ocala to watch my alma mater vanguard knights play Gainesville high this week.. But that plan was put on hold and I will be making the short trip to Venice high on Friday night to check this matchup out, can't wait to see these 2 top 5 teams in class 7a lockup, looking forward to it

Vanguard gonna knock Gainesville out of playoff contention so this game the better option

Venice with 261 points this year given up 37. Running clock every game to date.

Braden River 202 points this year giving up 28.

Im hoping that running clock is not an issue when the game gets into the 4th QT.

The starters on defense have been taken out of the game twice in the first QT of 2 blow out games. Rotate in 2nd and 3rd string guys to get reps and they have given up some late TD. Kind of hard to justify keeping them in a game where the score was 38-0 in the first.

Would like to say I am more confident to see a win this year as I had the Manatee game going either way as well and that worked out in Venice favor.

Defensively Venice will give up a few points due to their RB QB. Its what the offense can do to keep out in front is where the difference is this year. If Venice wins the toss they will more than likely take the ball to set up a first score type mentality. Play to stop Braden River enough to be ahead at the end.

Venice RB is avg 15 plus yards a carry this year and sits at just over 1000 yards in 5 games. Can the offense keep that blistering pace is the question.

Since this is pretty much for the District championship, I would expect a tightly played game. But, the way Venice has been playing this season, it would not shock me at all if they let loose on BR like they did on Manatee in the 1st half. Looks like they have put up similar numbers as BR, but against much tougher competition.

Since this is pretty much for the District championship, I would expect a tightly played game. But, the way Venice has been playing this season, it would not shock me at all if they let loose on BR like they did on Manatee in the 1st half. Looks like they have put up similar numbers as BR, but against much tougher competition.

Hopefully they will keep the hot streak going and score at will.

I think Venice has scored a TD on every opening possession this year and I could be wrong but every 2nd possession as well.

That is where they have done the damage is in the first 2-3 offensive drives. Manatee was down 14-0 when they ran their 4th offensive play. Venice scored first fairly easily defense held to 3 and out punt and Venice scored again pretty quick before Manatee started their second drive.

It is a big help that the kicker for Venice puts them through the back of the endzone and you have to drive 80 for a TD.

Venice wins this one by 14. Braden River is good but nothing like last year's team. On the other hand, Venice is better this year than last year. Venice has played tougher schedule this year also. Both of these teams will make playoffs. The loser will beat Palmetto. I'm looking foward to seeing both of the RB's. LaRoche for Venice and Thomas for Braden River. It will be a great atmosphere tonight.

Venice wins this one by 14. Braden River is good but nothing like last year's team. On the other hand, Venice is better this year than last year. Venice has played tougher schedule this year also. Both of these teams will make playoffs. The loser will beat Palmetto. I'm looking foward to seeing both of the RB's. LaRoche for Venice and Thomas for Braden River. It will be a great atmosphere tonight.

Students gathering near the baseball parking lot 2 plus hours before kick off. Should be a great atmosphere. People around town have been talking about this game all week.

Glad I made the drive over for this one, that was one heck of a battle by both teams, the least I was expecting was a shootout, this matchup should be happening again in the 2nd round of the 7a playoffs and I hope it turns out to be as good as tonight's game was

It was an awesome game, marred slightly by some questionable calls that may have affected the final outcome. BR put themselves behind the 8 ball falling two scores down early but fought back. As a neutral observer, I actually though BR had the better overall team, but Venice the best athlete on the field. If they played ten times, I could easily see them splitting the verdict. Should be a great second round playoff match. Both Venice and Braden River have very solid teams and were it not for Aquinas, each would have a great chance of winning a state title this year. 

I was privileged to see two very dramatic games this week, Apopka/Wekiva being the first.  

Being partial to Venice and after seeing both games last year I gave the edge to Venice overall. The improvement for Venice was evident. The loss of Braden River QB and O lineman from last year also showed. The DB transfers did not seem to make or break them.

Since this was such a big game it also helped being at home. If it were at Braden River again score could have been reversed.

Being partial to Venice and after seeing both games last year I gave the edge to Venice overall. The improvement for Venice was evident. The loss of Braden River QB and O lineman from last year also showed. The DB transfers did not seem to make or break them.

Since this was such a big game it also helped being at home. If it were at Braden River again score could have been reversed.

I did not realize that the River had that many transfers.  I guess that's the new program du jour instead of Manatee.  Regardless,  the River played their hearts out.  Hats off to them.