WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

Now this is out the window if Bishop Gorman has a chaminade type score when they play central especially after all the transfers they got but if it's close either way I think their status as a powerhouse isn't in question

That’s not good enough. Miami Central is seeking a national championship. So they have to beat Gorman by 17 or more and go completely unbeaten to prove to these ranking companies that they deserve the crown over someone named Saint John Bosco or Mater Dei. 

15 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

That’s not good enough. Miami Central is seeking a national championship. So they have to beat Gorman by 17 or more and go completely unbeaten to prove to these ranking companies that they deserve the crown over someone named Saint John Bosco or Mater Dei. 

They could beat Bishop Gorman by 20 and some ranking services out there will keep SJB and Mater Dei at #1 unless they lose. Those rankings are more just opinion based and as much as I usually hate CFB preseason rankings because of it being highly inaccurate, at least those polls are crowd sourced with a ton of people, these rankings are highly inaccurate and are just one person's opinion and if they refuse to drop someone until they lose than they will keep a team higher than they deserve even if a team is outperforming others ahead of them. Plus since Florida doesn't report transfers unless they have paid close attention they have no clue how much talent Miami Central has stockpiled and will undervalue them significantly

16 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

Now this is out the window if Bishop Gorman has a chaminade type score when they play central especially after all the transfers they got but if it's close either way I think their status as a powerhouse isn't in question

I agree win or lose Miami central will still be viewed and treated as a powerhouse but when you receive over 15+ transfers in last year 25+ transfers in this year with 5 of those being from out of state , you’re expected to run threw everyone decisively.

if not then it just shows for one that even when we are fielding our best teams ever down here these other powerhouses out west are just that good if not better.

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree win or lose Miami central will still be viewed and treated as a powerhouse but when you receive over 15+ transfers in last year 25+ transfers in this year with 5 of those being from out of state , you’re expected to run threw everyone decisively.

if not then it just shows for one that even when we are fielding our best teams ever down here these other powerhouses out west are just that good if not better.

You gotta remember that one of the biggest advantages teams like mater dei and SJB have is both pulling a lot of the top talent in Los Angeles metro area. It's not any different than Miami Central pulling a bunch of the top kids in Miami Dade. When you pull from such a good talent pool with very limited restrictions on transfers you get these super teams as a result

11 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

They could beat Bishop Gorman by 20 and there will still be ranking services that will keep SJB and Mater Dei at #1 unless they lose. Those rankings are more just opinion based and as much as I usually hate CFB preseason rankings because of it being highly inaccurate, at least those polls are crowd sourced with a ton of people, these rankings are highly inaccurate and are just one person's opinion and if they refuse to drop someone until they lose than they will keep a team higher than they deserve even if a team is outperforming others ahead of them. Plus since Florida doesn't report transfers unless they have paid close attention they have no clue how much talent Miami Central has stockpiled and will undervalue them significantly

A bunch of “talent on one team” doesn’t automatically mean that team would be a unbeatable force. outside of a few schools south Florida or Florida period the overall product of Florida football is NOT THAT good lowkey subpar to say the least so steamrolling through Football down here is not that big of a flex knowing that it’s just the super teams that’s really making any kind of noise then there is just everyone else. 

but I don’t wanna make this a Miami central thread lol so what are your thoughts on the other games & what are your predictions 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

A bunch of “talent on one team” doesn’t automatically mean that team would be a unbeatable force. outside of a few schools south Florida or Florida period the overall product of Florida football is NOT THAT good lowkey subpar to say the least so steamrolling through Football down here is not that big of a flex knowing that it’s just the super teams that’s really making any kind of noise then there is just everyone else. 

but I don’t wanna make this a Miami central thread lol so what are your thoughts on the other games & what are your predictions 

Depends on what you define as being Florida overall product?

If we talking resources and fan support sure it could be a lot better but talent wise there's plenty of talented teams in Florida though a lot get overshadowed because of a few metro recruiting giants.

As for what you said with week 1 games?

SJB @ STA - SJB 28 STA 21 

SJB was arguably far better when STA hosted them in 2017 and still couldn't get the win, I'll take STA in a close one here 

WESTERN @ MILTON - MILTON 24-17 

I assume this is the Milton in GA? If so this should be a good matchup but I'll actually lean Western in a close one here 

ST JOHNS DC @ AMERICAN HERITAGE- ST JOHNS 24 AHP 21 

I agree on this matchup, DC teams have largely been successful against SFL as of late but don't count AHP out either 

ST FRANCIS @ CHAMINADE - CHAMINADE 42 ST FRANCIS 35

SFA from Baltimore? This is a good matchup and while I wouldn't be shocked if chaminade won I got a sneaky feeling that SFA wins this one

MIA CENTRAL @ BISHOP GORMAN - CENTRAL 49 BISHOP GORMAN 17

I could see Central winning but not by that margin, this game is a tossup 

MIAMI NORTHWESTERN @ VERO - MNW 42 VERO 21

based on what I've seen with MNW so far I actually wouldn't be shocked if Vero takes this at home. Nothing about MNW stands out to me heading into the season and they also had a coaching change 

MIAMI NORLAND @ LAKELAND - MIAMI NORLAND 27 LAKELAND 21

Lakeland post Bill castle is a question mark, while Lakeland has a ton of home success I could definitely see Norland taking this one

STRANAHAN @ DILLARD - 35 STRANAHAN 14

did Dillard lose a ton of kids in the transfer portal? Why this game so close on the score? I could see Dillard winning this one in a running clock 

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

not familiar with either current team, highland springs used to be a powerhouse in the mid Atlantic region in the late 90s but I'll lean Miramar here 

COCOA @ JONES - JONES 21 COCOA 14 

overall this is a pretty solid matchup between two of the best in central Florida but I'll lean Cocoa here 

ARMWOOD @ VENICE - VENICE 35 ARMWOOD 14

armwood is a shell of their past teams, Venice should roll here 

COLUMBUS @ CAI - COLUMBUS 38 CAI 28

Columbus is down this year but should be able to get the win here, margin of victory looks close to what I would expect 

HOMESTEAD @ PALMETTO - HOMESTEAD 28 PLAMETTO 14

Homestead could win this one by a solid margin but 14 points is a safe place for this early in the year 

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

Cardinal gibbons (FL) looks to be down this year but they still take the win here against their NC sibling

•  

1 hour ago, SportsFan said:

You gotta remember that one of the biggest advantages teams like mater dei and SJB have is both pulling a lot of the top talent in Los Angeles metro area. It's not any different than Miami Central pulling a bunch of the top kids in Miami Dade. When you pull from such a good talent pool with very limited restrictions on transfers you get these super teams as a result

Which is a HUGE problem, can we both agree on that ? 

25 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

If we talking resources and fan support sure it could be a lot better but talent wise there's plenty of talented teams in Florida though a lot get overshadowed because of a few metro recruiting giants.

SJB was arguably far better when STA hosted them in 2017 and still couldn't get the win, I'll take STA in a close one here 

I assume this is the Milton in GA? If so this should be a good matchup but I'll actually lean Western in a close one here 

I agree on this matchup, DC teams have largely been successful against SFL as of late but don't count AHP out either 

SFA from Baltimore? This is a good matchup and while I wouldn't be shocked if chaminade won I got a sneaky feeling that SFA wins this one

based on what I've seen with MNW so far I actually wouldn't be shocked if Vero takes this at home. Nothing about MNW stands out to me heading into the season and they also had a coaching change 

Lakeland post Bill castle is a question mark, while Lakeland has a ton of home success I could definitely see Norland taking this one

did Dillard lose a ton of kids in the transfer portal? Why this game so close on the score? I could see Dillard winning this one in a running clock 

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

not familiar with either current team, highland springs used to be a powerhouse in the mid Atlantic region in the late 90s but I'll lean Miramar here 

overall this is a pretty solid matchup between two of the best in central Florida but I'll lean Cocoa here 

Columbus is down this year but should be able to get the win here, margin of victory looks close to what I would expect 

Homestead could win this one by a solid margin but 14 points is a safe place for this early in the year 

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

Cardinal gibbons (FL) looks to be down this year but they still take the win here against their NC sibling

•  

Yes that’s the Milton out of Ga that’s gonna be a great game.

as for Dillard yeah we lost a couple players in the transfer portal and we’re fielding a new but experienced head coach who knows how to win. Dillard also has a lot of unknown talent on the field. 

I put 35-14 because I want to see how all of this gel together. I think Dillard is still gonna be very solid & they look really good in winning a few  7on7s but just played it safe for now with the prediction. 

28 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

•  

As for AHP they’re extremely young this year so I think with this game being so early in the year along with St. John’s  experience & cohesiveness that’s is what’s gonna win them this game IMO.

31 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

•  

Isn’t this SJB team currently ranked #1 nation I thought this team would be far better then the one in 2017 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Isn’t this SJB team currently ranked #1 nation I thought this team would be far better then the one in 2017 

SJB was ranked pretty high in 2017 if my memory serves me correctly I believe they were top 10 nationally heading into the game 

SJB might win but I just trust STA more in these early season games 

It is I just don't think anything will be done to fix it and unfortunately everyone just has to learn to adapt and make the best of the situation

Which is why I say the overall product of Florida football is real subpar you have the same super teams reloading every year, every year a new batch of kids loading up at the same selected schools while the other 85% of the schools try their best to just stay relevant and compete. 

3 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

SJB was ranked pretty high in 2017 if my memory serves me correctly I believe they were top 10 nationally heading into the game 

SJB might win but I just trust STA more in these early season games 

I haven’t heard anything big from sta but as long as Harriet is there sta will always be STA 

5 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

It is I just don't think anything will be done to fix it and unfortunately everyone just has to learn to adapt and make the best of the situation

But that’s why you ask me GA football is really a testament of parity all throughout the state anywhere in GA you look they have multiple powerhouses. 

& because of how well coached they’re down there they can bring even some of their avg schools from up there and put em against our avg & they will most of the matchups. 

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I haven’t heard anything big from sta but as long as Harriet is there sta will always be STA 

Well it's not hard to make an argument that a school like Central seems far more aggressive in recruiting as of late than STA though STA is typically one of the most consistent high level performers of any school in Florida. Can't ever count them out in big games 

Just now, SportsFan said:

Well it's not hard to make an argument that a school like Central seems far more aggressive in recruiting as of late than STA though STA is typically one of the most consistent high level performers of any school in Florida. Can't ever count them out in big games 

I just feel like it’s messing up the true definition of football & what football really is all about. 

back in the day we didn’t all load up one team we played with our brothers who was in our zoned & we worked our ass off to beat them folks on the other side. 

But that’s why you ask me GA football is really a testament of parity all throughout the state anywhere in GA you look they have multiple powerhouses. 

& because of how well coached they’re down there they can bring even some of their avg schools from up there and put em against our avg & they will most of the matchups. 

GA has a better program and fan support setup but I would argue they don't have the teams with a overwhelming amount of skill and talent like some Florida teams have. A good example from last year I had a chance to see AHP vs lowndes. The biggest thing I saw in that game was the athletes on AHP were significantly better than lowndes and even with AHP being a program I would consider to have a talented roster and solid coaching it looked like they were significantly further ahead than lowndes was at that point even though GA starts before Florida

I just feel like it’s messing up the true definition of football & what football really is all about. 

back in the day we didn’t all load up one team we played with our brothers who was in our zoned & we worked our ass off to beat them folks on the other side. 

It all starts at the top and trickles down. We see it in pros and then college! 

That's what these kids grow up watching and if this is what they all know how can we expect anything different. Look at youth, Pop Warner, travel ball, rec ball, etc. You either have a large amount of adults that will make decisions to make money or you have parents who will team hop each year either 1) because they don't want their kid to either be on a losing team or ride the bench or 2) are offended they aren't coaching so they make their own team with some disgruntled parents so they can have the power and glory. 

But somehow we expect kids to be any different in switching teams when it's all they know growing up and looking up to college and pro? Also I'm pretty sure if you look this up you will see that you can't exactly transfer schools without a parent signing off on it so the parents are just as responsible if not leading the charge themselves with the constant transfers 

GA has a better program and fan support setup but I would argue they don't have the teams with an overwhelming amount of skill and talent like some Florida teams have. A good example from last year I had a chance to see AHP vs lowndes. The biggest thing I saw in that game was the athletes on AHP were significantly better than lowndes and even with AHP being a program I would consider to have a talented roster and solid coaching it looked like they were significantly further ahead than lowndes was at that point even though GA starts before Florida

That was also one of Lowndes worst teams in their program history , they were already saying that going in, which is why that head coached was canned soon as the season was over, if that was lowndes of 3-4 years ago it would have been a totally diff ball game 

That was also one of Lowndes worst teams in their program history , they were already saying that going in, which is why that head coached was canned soon as the season was over, if that was lowndes of 3-4 years ago it would have been a totally diff ball game 

Perhaps but lowndes still took the game so it's their responsibility to show up ready to play

Just now, SportsFan said:

It all starts at the top and trickles down. We see it in pros and then college! 

That's what these kids grow up watching and if this is what they all know how can we expect anything different. Look at youth, Pop Warner, travel ball, rec ball, etc. You either have a large amount of adults that will make decisions to make money or you have parents who will team hop each year either 1) because they don't want their kid to either be on a losing team or ride the bench or 2) are offended they aren't coaching so they make their own team with some disgruntled parents so they can have the power and glory. 

But somehow we expect kids to be any different in switching teams when it's all they know growing up and looking up to college and pro? Also I'm pretty sure if you look this up you will see that you can't exactly transfer schools without a parent signing off on it so the parents are just as responsible if not leading the charge themselves with the constant transfers 

BINGO!!!!! i just said this on here the other day, WHERE ARE THE PARENTS ??? These “KIDS” can’t enroll themselves , so you’re Dam right it’s the parents/guardians fault along with the coaches privately messaging the kids recruiting them every adult involved should be ashamed and know better. 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

BINGO!!!!! i just said this on here the other day, WHERE ARE THE PARENTS ??? These “KIDS” can’t enroll themselves , so you’re Dam right it’s the parents/guardians fault along with the coaches privately messaging the kids recruiting them every adult involved should be ashamed and know better. 

This is something that should be reported but I'm guessing the only ones who can report it is the (kid/parent) being texted so if they wanted out anyway they gonna keep their mouth shut