Treasure Coast beats Lake Wales 17-0 last night

Vero Indian

On 8/22/2023 at 11:14 AM, ohs vargas said:

Not sure if Swint is back, hes week to week.

But I see this game similar to last year, close most of the game with both teams having great Defenses.

And then Osceola pulling away at the end.

Putting the participation of Taevion aside, as I have stated repeatedly our other backs can get the job done.  Especially working behind that offensive line, as demonstrated in the Apopka game starting midway through the second quarter.  I have an extremely difficult time believing TC defense front to be better than the APK front seven, as they were extremely stout and we still found running room; their #4, Lorenzo Payne IV was outstanding.  Our defense also contained their running attack most of the night outside a couple of electric runs by their QB, Ty Davidson and TC offensive scheme is very similar without an athlete running it like APK has.  Outside the possibility of getting "HOMERED" as some on this forum have indicated happens at that stadium, I like our chances.  GO KOWBOYS!!

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Lake Wales will not be the team they were last season. Treasure Coast did what they needed to win but Kissimmee Osceola is on a different level. I like the Kowboys by 10 or more here. 

Think you might be right about Lake Wales, though Forum contributors from Polk will have better insight in that regard.  I did hear they not only lost Carlos Mitchell - class of'24, but their top prospects from the class of '25 & '26.  Who knows, there may have been even more defections and the claim was made that they even held out 6 players for the TC game.  Things will come a bit more in focus after the first regular season games. 

On 8/23/2023 at 12:02 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Putting the participation of Taevion aside, as I have stated repeatedly our other backs can get the job done.  Especially working behind that offensive line, as demonstrated in the Apopka game starting midway through the second quarter.  I have an extremely difficult time believing TC defense front to be better than the APK front seven, as they were extremely stout and we still found running room; their #4, Lorenzo Payne IV was outstanding.  Our defense also contained their running attack most of the night outside a couple of electric runs by their QB, Ty Davidson and TC offensive scheme is very similar without an athlete running it like APK has.  Outside the possibility of getting "HOMERED" as some on this forum have indicated happens at that stadium, I like our chances.  GO KOWBOYS!!

I agree, the other backs are a great Duo, really like the way Hickson looked against APK.

I wouldn't say TC front seven is better than APK, but I seen there game against Lake Whales.

They have a 2 Studs on the line that jumped out to me in the game against Lake Whales. 

A big interior lineman (I belive last name Grant) and i very quick athletic DE (I believe last name Kramer) both dominated against Lake Whales

I do see Osceola's defense giving Treasure Coast offense trouble all game and that being the deciding factor for either a close game or blowout.

2 hours ago, ohs vargas said:

I agree, the other backs are a great Duo, really like the way Hickson looked against APK.

I wouldn't say TC front seven is better than APK, but I seen there game against Lake Whales.

They have a 2 Studs on the line that jumped out to me in the game against Lake Whales. 

A big interior lineman (I belive last name Grant) and i very quick athletic DE (I believe last name Kramer) both dominated against Lake Whales

I do see Osceola's defense giving Treasure Coast offense trouble all game and that being the deciding factor for either a close game or blowout.

Read somewhere the RB stats were as follows:  Sinophant - 60 yds, Melendez - 60 yds. & Hickson - 46 yds. although I don't have the breakdown on touches.  I do know Melendez had only a handful of attempts in the second half.  They each seem to provide a little different look, but are all effective nonetheless as they will put their foot in the ground and turn it up field.   Do agree that the winner will need to get the best of the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 

On 8/23/2023 at 2:38 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Think you might be right about Lake Wales, though Forum contributors from Polk will have better insight in that regard.  I did hear they not only lost Carlos Mitchell - class of'24, but their top prospects from the class of '25 & '26.  Who knows, there may have been even more defections and the claim was made that they even held out 6 players for the TC game.  Things will come a bit more in focus after the first regular season games. 

The Ledger ran a piece on the Polk County transfers a few weeks back. Let’s just say that Lake Wales lost more personnel than they gained. 

18 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

My question is always "WHY"?  There are absolutely legitimate reasons why transferring makes a lot of sense for an individual player.  As you point out in your comment in this situation, not so much.  

Ray, I think I know your answer, but I'll ask the question anyway:  Is "because I want to win a ring" or, in the case of players who played for Lake Wales last year "because I want to win another ring" a "legitimate reason" for transferring? 

In my world, neither of the reasons you give would sway me as a parent to allow my child to transfer.  Granted, one may call those reasons "Legitimate".  As a parent, I would be more compelled to make the move for the following reasons:  Academics, Safer/Better school environment, Playing time/Exposure and even poorly run program; probably a couple of others that don't readily come to mind.   We have lost a few excellent players the past couple of years and in their situation it was a good decision.