JONES 28 - KOWBOYS 20

Ray Icaza

Another tough loss and again, no moral victories with Kowboys again giving their all.  Offense did run the ball better despite missing several key RB's from the injury bug and props to the coaches utilizing a couple of the WR in spots to help the running game.  Unfortunately, early in the game we had a couple of opportunities to score and miscues of our own had us come up empty; even a short field goal attempt went haywire.  This seemed to ignite Jones as they had struggled early to move the ball well against us, but eventually got a TD before halftime for a 7-0 lead.   The 3rd quarter opened up with a Kick-off return for a TD giving them a 14-0 lead which forced us to start throwing the ball more and the quarter ended with them scoring on a short run for a commanding 21-0 lead going into the 4th quarter.  We also played the game with only the 1 QB as the other was out sick which may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  The more this young man threw and the more reps he was getting seemed to boost his confidence which led to him start making plays with the WR group.  At one point in the 4th it looked like they may score again which would have increased the lead to 28-0 but our defense (Jalen Bell) got a pick to give us a momentum boost.  From that point on our little QB was on fire making plays all over the place getting chunk play after chunk play to get a quick score (21-6).  They did get another long TD run to push the lead to 28-6 to seemingly get the momentum back.  However, on the ensuing kickoff we got an electric return from the electric Alijah (Flash) Jenkins for about 90 yards down to their 4 yard line before punching it in for another TD; the 2 pt. conversion was good for a 28-14 score.  With the clock against us everyone knew an onside kick was coming and despite that we executed it perfectly and got the recovery.  Now strictly in passing mode we shredded their defense and got another quick score but failed the 2 pt. conversion (28-20).  Again, we tried another onside kick and almost came up with it a second time but they got possession about midfield.  With time running out we got a stop, the ball back and started moving the ball again before time simply ran out.  As I said previously, despite being 0-3 kids showed no quit fighting the injury bug that has plagued our early season success. Think we may have strong case on who should be the starter at the QB position. GO KOWBOYS. 

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Another tough loss and again, no moral victories with Kowboys again giving their all.  Offense did run the ball better despite missing several key RB's from the injury bug and props to the coaches utilizing a couple of the WR in spots to help the running game.  Unfortunately, early in the game we had a couple of opportunities to score and miscues of our own had us come up empty; even a short field goal attempt went haywire.  This seemed to ignite Jones as they had struggled early to move the ball well against us, but eventually got a TD before halftime for a 7-0 lead.   The 3rd quarter opened up with a Kick-off return for a TD giving them a 14-0 lead which forced us to start throwing the ball more and the quarter ended with them scoring on a short run for a commanding 21-0 lead going into the 4th quarter.  We also played the game with only the 1 QB as the other was out sick which may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  The more this young man threw and the more reps he was getting seemed to boost his confidence which led to him start making plays with the WR group.  At one point in the 4th it looked like they may score again which would have increased the lead to 28-0 but our defense (Jalen Bell) got a pick to give us a momentum boost.  From that point on our little QB was on fire making plays all over the place getting chunk play after chunk play to get a quick score (21-6).  They did get another long TD run to push the lead to 28-6 to seemingly get the momentum back.  However, on the ensuing kickoff we got an electric return from the electric Alijah (Flash) Jenkins for about 90 yards down to their 4 yard line before punching it in for another TD; the 2 pt. conversion was good for a 28-14 score.  With the clock against us everyone knew an onside kick was coming and despite that we executed it perfectly and got the recovery.  Now strictly in passing mode we shredded their defense and got another quick score but failed the 2 pt. conversion (28-20).  Again, we tried another onside kick and almost came up with it a second time but they got possession about midfield.  With time running out we got a stop, the ball back and started moving the ball again before time simply ran out.  As I said previously, despite being 0-3 kids showed no quit fighting the injury bug that has plagued our early season success. Think we may have strong case on who should be the starter at the QB position. GO KOWBOYS. 

Shameless plug, but I hope the Kowboys go to 0-4:lol:.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Osceola is one of the best 0-3 teams in the entire state. Hope you are able to bounce back and make a run in the playoffs. 

Friday may have been an inflection point at QB with the poise and confidence the sophomore gained in this losing effort.  Thankfully, despite all the injuries our depth has kept us in games that otherwise could have been blowouts.  Our OL looked awful good against Jones both rushing and pass protection as this was an expected strength.  Defensively, despite being down a couple of key players in the DL and arguably the most talented defender on the entire team (MLB - Elijah Melendez) they also played well. I think they are well aware that despite the record they aren't out of the hunt.  

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

When Osceola gets their running back room back, they will be competitive with anyone in 4S. Best 0-3 team in the state hands down. Treasure Coast is the favorite right now, though it’s still early. 

Our #2 RB is out for the year with a shoulder injury, but we should be getting Taevion back soon.  Obviously he is a difference maker and despite the quality of our other backs, they aren't him.  

10 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Our #2 RB is out for the year with a shoulder injury, but we should be getting Taevion back soon.  Obviously he is a difference maker and despite the quality of our other backs, they aren't him.  

I'm sorry to hear that. When Taevion returns, Osceola's offense is going to be flying high. Sometimes, all you need is one spark to start a fire and I think his return will be invaluable to your chase for the 4S trophy. Osceola's rushing attack was fierce with Swint last year, so his return will only boost the Kowboys.

52 minutes ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

I can say from watching the game i am impressed with how far along Cam west is coming along as being Osceola's QB, if it were me i wouldn't play the other kid again id stick with what's starting to work.

Wow. something we may agree on.  I have no dog in the hunt and certainly am not advocating for one kid over the other.  However, I certainly feel that choosing who the starter is will impart confidence and relieve pressure that will allow whomever they decide on to perform better.  Friday Cam did show some things we had not seen before; positive things. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Wow. something we may agree on.  I have no dog in the hunt and certainly am not advocating for one kid over the other.  However, I certainly feel that choosing who the starter is will impart confidence and relieve pressure that will allow whomever they decide on to perform better.  Friday Cam did show some things we had not seen before; positive things. 

Yeah,  that's with any team trying with a QB battle by game 3 you should have figured out who its going to be, to create consistency and more effective game planning. 

i was impressed with the 28-20 game with an solid jones, should give Lakeland a better game than initially thought. 

It's wild to consider that Lakeland and Osceola will enter their game with a combined 1-5 record. Of course,  both teams have played brutal schedules and Osceola has the injury issues. I'm not sure about the psychological state of either team. But, if one is really fired up and angry while the other is deflated, that could have a big impact on the outcome.

28 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

It's wild to consider that Lakeland and Osceola will enter their game with a combined 1-5 record. Of course,  both teams have played brutal schedules and Osceola has the injury issues. I'm not sure about the psychological state of either team. But, if one is really fired up and angry while the other is deflated, that could have a big impact on the outcome.

Crazier, Lakeland can finally reach .500 with a win or both teams can emerge 1-3 if the Kowboys are victorious.