Sumner 5-0. 4M contender?

Jullian

23 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Rays the best team in the greater Tampa area?

Quite likely the best in Tampa in 4M. Are they a contender? Very hard to say. Most Hillsborough teams don't get to play many teams out of the area per policy. 

I guess, if they don't stumble before, we will have to wait for the playoffs to have an answer. They have certainly put up some impressive offensive statistics, though. Their games against Riverview and Durant may provide some competition. If they blow out those two, it's safe to say they are decent if not very good. 

6 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

When I seen the score against Wharton I instantly thought they will need some top 25 consideration. 

Sumner killed Wharton way worse than Jesuit did and Jesuit just chopped down Armwood if we are daisy chaining. Lol. 

Spoke with a friend who attended the game. He said it was real competitive for over three quarters. Then Wharton melted towards the end of the game. Very good win nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Spoke with a friend who attended the game. He said it was real competitive for over three quarters. Then Wharton melted towards the end of the game. Very good win nonetheless. 

Yeah just seen that. 18-14 heading into the 4th quarter then Sumner scored 22 in the 4th blow the game open 

I’ve said this a billion times. I hate the current classifications. The district are small week and watered down. We would know a hell of a lot more if these teams are playing in 7 or 8 team districts.

Hillsborough public schools would set up perfectly into two 6A and two 5A districts  of 7 teams each if we were in the old system. if that was the case, we would know a lot more about teams like Sumner based on the results. 

All we really think we know about Hillsborough public teams is that they fit in 3 general categories. Decent to good, average, and awful. 

Category 1: 

Tech

Armwood

Sumner

Plant

Wharton

Hillsborough 

Durant

Plant City

Category 2

Robinson

East Bay

Alonso

Steinbrenner

Blake 

Riverview

Newsome

Lennard

Strawberry Crest

Gaither

Sickles

Category 3

Freedom

King 

Brandon

Leto

Middleton

Jefferson

Chamberlain

Spoto

Bloomingdale

15 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I think, but am not sure, that the school had been open less than 5 years at the time. You can correct me if I am wrong. At the very most, I am pretty sure it was less than 10 years old. 

After checking, I see it had been open for exactly 10 years in 2019. When you get old, time certainly travels fast. So, the answer is that there is no recent Tampa school that has reached a semifinal in a four year window. 

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

After checking, I see it had been open for exactly 10 years in 2019. When you get old, time certainly travels fast. So, the answer is that there is no recent Tampa school that has reached a semifinal in a four year window. 

no. Sumner opened in 2020 as High School. It’s brand new.