South Florida Top “15”

THIS_IS_DILLARD

#1 Chaminade (5-0) - The #1 Team in Florida Right Now.

#2 Miami Norland (4-0) Theyre Undefeated & Playing Great Ball. Can’t Wait For that Matchup With central.

#3 St Thomas (4-1) The Way That Embarrassed previously Unbeaten Treasure Coast Really Open My Eyes On The Raiders.

#4. Miami Central (1-2) - Could they possibly beat the 2 Teams Ahead of them ? More than likely, but as of right now the rockets are (1-2) & have lost both of their Biggest Test. It’s still a long season & I fully expect the roc boys to repeat, but as of right now at (1-2) I had to drop them a few spots. 

#5. American heritage (3-1) lost a well fought game to chaminade no shame in that. 

#6. Booker T Washington (3-1) The tornadoes are one of the best teams in Florida & they continue to show it. 

#7. Columbus (5-0) the explorers got a slight scare early on by the bulls but came alive in the second half. 

#8. Palmetto (4–1) Many would say they deserve to be under homestead but the panthers own the head to head even if homestead has the better team on paper. 

#9. Homestead (4–1) The broncos have been on fire since that lost to palmetto they’re gonna be a problem for any team they face. 

#10. Cardinal Gibbons (4-1) The chiefs have been dominant since that blowout loss to chaminade.

#11. Coconut Creek (4-1) the cougars are on a 4 game winning streak and look to be a problem in the playoffs after winning their district this past weekend vs Blanche ely. 

#12. Dillard (2-2) the panthers secured a huge win over a solid Miramar team who was double digit favorites. The panthers are nowhere near a title contender yet. But they’re a dark horse with a great defense. It’s a long season to go with two national powerhouses left on the schedule so we will see how it plays out. 

#13. Monarch (4-1) The knights have been flying under the radar as they will be tough to beat In 4M. 

#14. Miramar (3-2) the patriots lost a tough game to Dillard in a defensive slug fest but the patriots and that defense is gonna keep them in a lot of games this year. 

#15. Plantation (4-1) the colonels took a huge step back in that lost to creek but they’re still a solid team who’s looking to run the table the rest of the way. 

outside looking in (3-1) Blanche ely (2-2) Western 

@VeniceIndianFan @DarterBlue2 @Jullian

St. Thomas is too high. Central and American Heritage would beat them. Treasure Coast was overrated, so the blowout by St Thomas is not what you think. Seminole dominated TC statistically but just failed to finish its drives including a 2nd and goal from the 1. 

I still feel that Homestead is better than Palmetto, but I will give you a pass on that one. 

Same with 4-1 Monarch. How the heck are they under Dillard? 

They have a much better win than Dillard has on their resume and only one loss to a very good team as opposed to Dillard having 2 blowout losses, one to an inferior opponent. 

No justification other than the person doing the poll giving his team the home field bump. Lol

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

How is 3-2 Western under 2-2 Dillard? 

Not only does Western have a light years better win than Dillards best win, Western’s 2 losses were to 2 teams much better than Dillards opponents. 

There is literally no measurement other blind homerism to put Dillard over Western. 

Creek or plantation is not light years better Miramar. And what win of western is light years better than Dillard ? 

the Milton team western beat is 3-2 while the team Miramar lost to by 6 is 4-1 and one of the best teams in Virginia. 

12 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

They have a much better win than Dillard has on their resume and only one loss to a very good team as opposed to Dillard having 2 blowout losses, one to an inferior opponent. 

No justification other than the person doing the poll giving his team the home field bump. Lol

And western is 2-2 not 3-2 they were 1-2 before they beat winless taravela last week. 

13 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

And bias ? Never that If that was the case I would have had Dillard in the top 15 every week. Just because a team has a better record don’t mean they’re better. 

central is 1-2 but should they be under monarch because they’re 4-1?

27 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

And as for monarch I just feel Dillard would beat them if we played them. We played them spring and was winning 14-0 before the game was called due to lightning. 

32 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

And that monarch win that suppose to be light years over Dillard which I’m assuming you’re talking about cedar grove who is (2-4)…

& monarch was actually trailing 0-4 stone man Douglas b4 pulling away to win 26-7 last week. And then beat a winless piper team the week before. 

look let’s face it none of the 10-15 teams on this list is a title contender right now no matter what order you put them in. These rankings are based off of personal opinions at most just like yours. 

but one thing about football all these teams have a few more weeks to prove what they’re really about. 

44 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And bias ? Never that If that was the case I would have had Dillard in the top 15 every week. Just because a team has a better record don’t mean they’re better. 

central is 1-2 but should they be under monarch because they’re 4-1?

No but Monarch has a better win than Dillard does, and only one loss to a good team whereas Dillard has no good wins, one loss to a good team and one loss to an average team. 

Miramar hasn’t done anything all year except play some Virginia team close and that team is not looking as good as they did before the season. 

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

No but Monarch has a better win than Dillard does, and only one loss to a good team whereas Dillard has no good wins, one loss to a good team and one loss to an average team. 

Miramar hasn’t done anything all year except play some Virginia team close and that team is not looking as good as they did before the season. 

How they don’t look good and they only have 1 loss. & I think you’re only sleeping on Miramar because Dillard beat them. 

if you look at any local south Florida poll Miramar is ranked in all of them especially before the Dillard game. Not only that Miramar was 21 point faves this game vs Dillard & everybody except for me picked Miramar to win the game. 

Miramar is an above avg team with an extremely solid defense and as this season goes along you will see that. Because they’re gonna be beat western & plantation. They’re gonna have one more lost this season which is gonna be to st Thomas next week. 

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How they don’t look good and they only have 1 loss. & I think you’re only sleeping on Miramar because Dillard beat them. 

if you look at any local south Florida poll Miramar is ranked in all of them especially before the Dillard game. Not only that Miramar was 21 point faves this game vs Dillard & everybody except for me picked Miramar to win the game. 

Miramar is an above avg team with an extremely solid defense and as this season goes along you will see that. Because they’re gonna be beat western & plantation. They’re gonna have one more lost this season which is gonna be to st Thomas next week. 

This is their resume to date. 

Loss to good Virginia team 

2 wins against Junior varsity teams 

Loss to decent team

if I didn’t tell you who this was, you would not say good things about this teams results so far. 

10 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

This is their resume to date. 

Loss to good Virginia team 

2 wins against Junior varsity teams 

Loss to decent team

if I didn’t tell you who this was, you would not say good things about this teams results so far. 

I would say what you described is every team that’s in ranked 10-15. No matter what order you put them in. They’re all avg to slightly above avg. 

I will say this about Dillard they haven’t had one cup cake yet to start the season. Their first breather will be this Saturday vs rival Boyd Anderson. Every game so far has been against above avg competition.

teams like monarch plantation ely can’t say the same. 

13 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

And I’m not saying Dillard wouldn’t beat Monarch or Western. I’m saying those 2 teams have a better resume RIGHT NOW. 

And even after B.A we’re home vs chaminade home vs plantation , @ St Thomas. 

all these other school schedules/opponents are horrible respectfully. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

St. Thomas is too high. Central and American Heritage would beat them. Treasure Coast was overrated, so the blowout by St Thomas is not what you think. Seminole dominated TC statistically but just failed to finish its drives including a 2nd and goal from the 1. 

I still feel that Homestead is better than Palmetto, but I will give you a pass on that one. 

I know little to much about TC or that area but when they beat a very good Seminole team and then out over 60+ on Jesuit @ Jesuit & they were undefeated with a tough schedule up until the beating at sta had me high on them I can’t lie. But I trust your expertise on this one. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I know little to much about TC or that area but when they beat a very good Seminole team and then out over 60+ on Jesuit @ Jesuit & they were undefeated with a tough schedule up until the beating at sta had me high on them I can’t lie. But I trust your expertise on this one. 

Like Apopka has done historically, TC runs a single wing. The single wing is very tough to defend if you have not seen it, or if you have average athletes. But for elite teams, unless you add wrinkles to the basic single wing, it is not very effective. This is what happened to TC against STA. If they had played, say Norland, it would have given the Vikings problems for a half before they figured out what to do and would likely have kept the game close even though Norland has more talent. But against a team like ST Thomas it does not work. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Like Apopka has done historically, TC runs a single wing. The single wing is very tough to defend if you have not seen it, or if you have average athletes. But for elite teams, unless you add wrinkles to the basic single wing, it is not very effective. This is what happened to TC against STA. If they had played, say Norland, it would have given the Vikings problems for a half before they figured out what to do and would likely have kept the game close even though Norland has more talent. But against a team like ST Thomas it does not work. 

Got you got you. 

20 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

#1 Chaminade (5-0) - The #1 Team in Florida Right Now.

#2 Miami Norland (4-0) Theyre Undefeated & Playing Great Ball. Can’t Wait For that Matchup With central.

#3 St Thomas (4-1) The Way That Embarrassed previously Unbeaten Treasure Coast Really Open My Eyes On The Raiders.

#4. Miami Central (1-2) - Could they possibly beat the 2 Teams Ahead of them ? More than likely, but as of right now the rockets are (1-2) & have lost both of their Biggest Test. It’s still a long season & I fully expect the roc boys to repeat, but as of right now at (1-2) I had to drop them a few spots. 

#5. American heritage (3-1) lost a well fought game to chaminade no shame in that. 

#6. Booker T Washington (3-1) The tornadoes are one of the best teams in Florida & they continue to show it. 

#7. Columbus (5-0) the explorers got a slight scare early on by the bulls but came alive in the second half. 

#8. Palmetto (4–1) Many would say they deserve to be under homestead but the panthers own the head to head even if homestead has the better team on paper. 

#9. Homestead (4–1) The broncos have been on fire since that lost to palmetto they’re gonna be a problem for any team they face. 

#10. Cardinal Gibbons (4-1) The chiefs have been dominant since that blowout loss to chaminade.

#11. Coconut Creek (4-1) the cougars are on a 4 game winning streak and look to be a problem in the playoffs after winning their district this past weekend vs Blanche ely. 

#12. Dillard (2-2) the panthers secured a huge win over a solid Miramar team who was double digit favorites. The panthers are nowhere near a title contender yet. But they’re a dark horse with a great defense. It’s a long season to go with two national powerhouses left on the schedule so we will see how it plays out. 

#13. Monarch (4-1) The knights have been flying under the radar as they will be tough to beat In 4M. 

#14. Miramar (3-2) the patriots lost a tough game to Dillard in a defensive slug fest but the patriots and that defense is gonna keep them in a lot of games this year. 

#15. Plantation (4-1) the colonels took a huge step back in that lost to creek but they’re still a solid team who’s looking to run the table the rest of the way. 

outside looking in (3-1) Blanche ely (2-2) Western 

@VeniceIndianFan @DarterBlue2 @Jullian

Like your top 15. In my Florida top 25 I had Norland #2 ahead of Central. Yapoor will give the Rockets fits with his legs & strong arm. Their DL is big & fast also. 
Treasure Coast was a bad match up with Aquinas. Not balanced at all. Central would mash up Aquinas QB & win by at least 14. So other than that. Agree with your so Flo 15. 

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Like your top 15. In my Florida top 25 I had Norland #2 ahead of Central. Yapoor will give the Rockets fits with his legs & strong arm. Their DL is big & fast also. 
Treasure Coast was a bad match up with Aquinas. Not balanced at all. Central would mash up Aquinas QB & win by at least 14. So other than that. Agree with your so Flo 15. 

I'm really looking forward to that Central v Norland matchup on 10/13 right now. And from the look of it, Columbus should end up playing the winner of that battle the week after in the GMAC Championship. 

7 hours ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

I'm really looking forward to that Central v Norland matchup on 10/13 right now. And from the look of it, Columbus should end up playing the winner of that battle the week after in the GMAC Championship. 

Norland played Central tough last year & are much better this year through the “portal”. I’m not sure u can say Central is better than last years team??? Vikings better not look ahead though! BTW, who stayed with Central for 4, are very good. 
if Columbus has a weakness, what is it? Their tough schedule the last few years, in my opinion, has made them the power they are in 4M. 

9 hours ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

That gmac game is gonna be very good this year just like last year. I wish broward had something like that on the schedule. 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Norland played Central tough last year & are much better this year through the “portal”. I’m not sure u can say Central is better than last years team??? Vikings better not look ahead though! BTW, who stayed with Central for 4, are very good. 
if Columbus has a weakness, what is it? Their tough schedule the last few years, in my opinion, has made them the power they are in 4M. 

If they had any weakness it would be the knack of starting slow sometimes. That can bite you in the you know what against equal to greater competition.

58 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If they had any weakness it would be the knack of starting slow sometimes. That can bite you in the you know what against equal to greater competition.

To my way of thinking, what Columbus is missing is a really good running game. At QB and receiver they are fine. The defense seems solid. But while they have two decent backs, I don't see anything special that a good front 7 could not shut down. 

If Columbus fails to win 4M, that will be the reason.