Treasure Coast Area Football

Vero Indian

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Everyone see's it, my personal observation is that is seems like many are less concerned with winning a game and more concerned with producing dynamic content for their recruiting tapes if that makes sense.

You aint lying with statement. I blame twitter....I mean X

14 hours ago, SportsFan said:

People are quick to blame the current kids for the transfer portal 

How do these kids transfer without the parents signing off for it? When I was in school you usually have to get parents to agree to sign out of school until your 18 so how do you switch schools without a parent signing off on it?

Parents are leading the travel sports movement of switching teams each year when they don't get to coach or when their kid doesn't start 

It's not the current generation, it's the previous one who are parents of these kids now who create the problem then try to pin it on the kids because they LACK ACCOUNTABILITY

I agree with this, but you have to keep in mind that the kids are propagating the transfer movement by constantly trying to find a program that is ready to, "win now." The Miami schools are probably the best example of this. 

15 hours ago, SportsFan said:

People are quick to blame the current kids for the transfer portal 

How do these kids transfer without the parents signing off for it? When I was in school you usually have to get parents to agree to sign out of school until your 18 so how do you switch schools without a parent signing off on it?

Parents are leading the travel sports movement of switching teams each year when they don't get to coach or when their kid doesn't start 

It's not the current generation, it's the previous one who are parents of these kids now who create the problem then try to pin it on the kids because they LACK ACCOUNTABILITY

Couldn't agree more that "PARENTS" tend to be more of the driver than the kids when it comes to transferring for reasons you stated.  We lost two key sophomore starters from last year's varsity basketball team (one was our leading scorer) due to the parent wanting the JV coaching job and more sway over the program.  He was Dad to one and Uncle to the other, forced the move against their wishes to a rival school in the county.  The leading scorer who is an unbelievably explosive athlete was also an excellent football player and currently leads that school in receiving with double the yardage of his closest teammate plus 7 receiving TD's with no other player with more than 1!!   He was a starter here as a WR and could have had the same impact for our football team entering his junior year but was pulled out right before school started for pure vindictiveness against the varsity basketball program as he would have been our top player again this year in that sport.  I have intentionally not named the players or the school as neither has responsibility for what happened.  Ask any coach about these "KNOW-IT-ALL" parents, they can be poison to your program.