Nolebull813 Week 7 top 25

nolebull813

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

STA is playing much better teams than Norland. Norland’s big win over Lakeland where they gave up 34 is overshadowed by STA’s demolition of Treasure Coast especially when TC and Lakeland are in the same tier. 

Norland hasn’t played anyone in the stratosphere that STA has. 

If Norland beats BTW and MC, you have my word they will be ranked over STA heading into the playoffs. 

So we know who your contenders are who are your dark horses ? Matter fact put that in an opposite thread I’m about to tag you in. 

5 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

STA is playing much better teams than Norland. Norland’s big win over Lakeland where they gave up 34 is overshadowed by STA’s demolition of Treasure Coast especially when TC and Lakeland are in the same tier. 

If Norland beats BTW and MC, you have my word they will be ranked over STA heading into the playoffs. 

I don't have a dog in this disagreement only that you seem to have a bit of double speak.  The only 2 teams STA has played that are higher ranked than Lakeland are Cocoa and the OSS which really were both losses in their backyard and no penalty to STA for giving up 36 points to Cocoa while criticizing Norland for doing so to Lakeland.  So you are giving them credit for losing their 2 toughest opponents and minimizing the Norland victory in Lakeland's backyard, who is currently ranked higher than TC.  Agree that they need another quality win and BTW would give them that, but that isn't enough as you would require them to beat Central also which most here believe STA is incapable of.   Don't quite follow that logic. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

I don't have a dog in this disagreement only that you seem to have a bit of double speak.  The only 2 teams STA has played that are higher ranked than Lakeland are Cocoa and the OSS which really were both losses in their backyard and no penalty to STA for giving up 36 points to Cocoa while criticizing Norland for doing so to Lakeland.  So you are giving them credit for losing their 2 toughest opponents and minimizing the Norland victory in Lakeland's backyard, who is currently ranked higher than TC.  Agree that they need another quality win and BTW would give them that, but that isn't enough as you would require them to beat Central also which most here believe STA is incapable of.   Don't quite follow that logic. 

It is your poll, so you can do whatever you want and with a majority consensus that Cocoa truly beat STA in their house, not ony should Norland be ranked higher but Cocoa as well. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Cocoa is above Lakeland. By a decent margin. Sometimes in the rankings, only a few spots can mean a big difference. 

Norland played one team with a pulse all year long. Lakeland. And they gave up 34. 

Norland hasn’t played anyone else at all to even justify the ranking they have at this point. They are being vaulted up on hype at this stage. 

If you took  STA and Norland’s combined opponents this would be the 5 best ones. The schedules are no comparison. 

1. STA (SJB) 7-20

2. STA (Cocoa) 37-36

3. Norland (Lakeland) 48-34

4. STA (Treasure Coast) 42-6

5. STA (Western) 48-22

53 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

It is your poll, so you can do whatever you want and with a majority consensus that Cocoa truly beat STA in their house, not ony should Norland be ranked higher but Cocoa as well. 

Rankings don’t work like that. Teams don’t permanently stay above a team they beat regardless of the future results. 

7 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I think the suggestion that Lakeland isn't in "the same stratosphere" as Cocoa is pretty...trollbull813. 

3 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

There isn't actually a basis for this assertion. The rationale is the teams' records. But, there's good reason to believe Cocoa would be the team with two losses while Lakeland would be undefeated if the teams swapped schedules. 

I don't believe you can conclude that Lakeland would have beaten STA. Would you have a decent chance? The answer is probably yes? To go beyond that is a big stretch. 

12 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

There isn't actually a basis for this assertion. The rationale is the teams' records. But, there's good reason to believe Cocoa would be the team with two losses while Lakeland would be undefeated if the teams swapped schedules. 

Lakeland would be undefeated playing Jones, Venice, STA and Treasure Coast? 

LMAO! That’s a knee slapper. 7-0 to Largo in the 4th quarter. 

7-6 at halftime vs Winter Haven. Lol. Too much. 

But they are chopping down all those teams? 

Ok pal. You might need a drug test after that assertion 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Cocoa is above Lakeland. By a decent margin. Sometimes in the rankings, only a few spots can mean a big difference. 

Norland played one team with a pulse all year long. Lakeland. And they gave up 34. 

Norland hasn’t played anyone else at all to even justify the ranking they have at this point. They are being vaulted up on hype at this stage. 

If you took  STA and Norland’s combined opponents this would be the 5 best ones. The schedules are no comparison. 

1. STA (SJB) 7-20

2. STA (Cocoa) 37-36

3. Norland (Lakeland) 48-34

4. STA (Treasure Coast) 42-6

5. STA (Western) 48-22

Never said Lakeland was above Cocoa, only they were above TC one of STA only two quality "WINS"!!  Technically speaking they were given the win vs Cocoa but truly didn't "EARN" it:  AT HOME!!  You do have a point that the other STA victories are better rated teams than the others Norland has beaten, but those games they were the favorite and supposed to win.  So we are left with Norland needing ONE more quality win to equal STA and that was the point I was making if they beat BTW this weekend.  If this occurs, those wins surpass the quality wins of STA and you shouldn't need them to beat Central, the St. John Bosco on Norland's schedule since they also beat STA on their home field.  Again, it is your poll and you can defend it any way you want but that is the point NO???  We don't have to agree and wil just leave it at that. 

On 10/2/2023 at 9:05 AM, Jullian said:

I’d love to have Dillard ranked, u know that, but I try to look at teams unbiased. My top 25 is pretty far from being official or probably even sound. It actually just keeps me more engaged with the entire state. 

Y'all are sleeping on Madison County. Everyone else trash I like MadCo big. Miami Central scared to play dem Cowboys. Next year they can beat Mater Dei I'm tellen you. MadCo best team in America :ph34r:

18 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Lakeland would be undefeated playing Jones, Venice, STA and Treasure Coast? 

LMAO! That’s a knee slapper. 7-0 to Largo in the 4th quarter. 

7-6 at halftime vs Winter Haven. Lol. Too much. 

But they are chopping down all those teams? 

Ok pal. You might need a drug test after that assertion 

Norland would have played a way better game against Bosco & would have smashed cocoa, That lakeland game was Game uno. Lot of teams had alot to iron out but from then out they’ve dismantled everything. You can have the debate of sos all you like but Quality of the actual team matters more imo. STA looks okay this season but it’s literally all behind their name. They haven’t played anybody fr & when they did we seen what happened. Both times at home. But the season progresses so we’ll see how things play out

On 10/1/2023 at 10:59 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

And, looking on at Nolebull's list, Jesuit does not belong in a top 25, and Treasure Coast either, especially ranking them at 19 is a joke. But like I said, the bottom of the top 25 is difficult as there are many teams a case could be made for. 

@DarterBlue2 I think what you meant to say was I have B Verot too high!

If nolebull is consistent, Central will be punished in his next rankings. Central only managed 17 points and a one-score win over a team who is 2-5 on the season. This 2-5 team gave up sixty-three (63) points on their home field to Venice in a 17-point loss; they lost by a larger margin to EDISON; lost to Vero Beach in at least equally fair circumstances as when Cocoa "lost" to STA, which he counts against Cocoa. Central's best win of the season is a 10-point win over BTW, where Central got a 30-yard fumble return for a TD. The objective experts have been telling us that struggling to beat BTW means the team isn't top-tier. 

Prediction: noebull won't be consistent. :)

Let us also not forget the one-score win at Ocala Vanguard. Only morons think Central went through ten hours of bus-riding to go and not try to win, and/or just play backups and JV players. I can buy that they may not have been super "up" for the game, and may not have done much preparation. I can buy that if they played Vanguard again they could win by more than one score. But, to completely disregard that result is foolish, or wishful thinking. A team that only manages 17 points against a team who yielded 63 points to Venice is absolutely a team that could only manage 13 points against Vanguard. But, I get it: "Don't believe your lying eyes..."

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

Let us also not forget the one-score win at Ocala Vanguard. Only morons think Central went through ten hours of bus-riding to go and not try to win, and/or just play backups and JV players. I can buy that they may not have been super "up" for the game, and may not have done much preparation. I can buy that if they played Vanguard again they could win by more than one score. But, to completely disregard that result is foolish, or wishful thinking. A team that only manages 17 points against a team who yielded 63 points to Venice is absolutely a team that could only manage 13 points against Vanguard. But, I get it: "Don't believe your lying eyes..."

You put too much stock into a preseason game. By that braindead logic Buchholz would beat the pine tar off Miami Central. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

You put too much stock into a preseason game. By that braindead logic Buchholz would beat the pine tar off Miami Central. 

We have no idea what would happen in a Buchholz-Central game. But, let's set the Vanguard games aside. How are you going wiggle out of dropping Central, having so clearly stated that subpar wins over mediocre or weak teams matter to you? To help you with this upcoming bit of mental gymnastics, might I suggest watching some Mary Lou Retton clips?

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

We have no idea what would happen in a Buchholz-Central game. But, let's set the Vanguard games aside. How are you going wiggle out of dropping Central, having so clearly stated that subpar wins over mediocre or weak teams matter to you? To help you with this upcoming bit of mental gymnastics, might I suggest watching some Mary Lou Retton clips?

They will be dropping: I don’t buy the rivalry aspect. If that’s the case then the winning team would be just as hyped. The hype would cancel itself out and the superior team would dominate. Chaminade, AHP, STA and Cocoa are all playing at a higher level right now than MC. 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

They will be dropping: I don’t buy the rivalry aspect. If that’s the case then the winning team would be just as hyped. The hype would cancel itself out and the superior team would dominate. Chaminade, AHP, STA and Cocoa are all playing at a higher level right now than MC. 

I stand corrected!