Trinity Catholic @ Melbourne Central Catholic

Proseteye

Actually OTC got 6 top notch players transfer in from Forest, West Port, and Dunnellon over the summer. I'm not aware of any OTC players transferring out. Vanguard and Forest's resurgence is due more to their good coaching rather than incoming transfers. OTC has endemic cohesion problems that seem to be getting worse rather than better. You have to tie it all back to coaching or lack thereof. The coaching staff may mean well and think they are doing a bang up job. However, the previous Bellevue coach probably though he was doing just fine losing almost every game over 5 years. A new coach comes in, Brantley, and they are now 6-1 and heading to the playoffs. As James stated, possibly Coach Sturdivant may be on the chopping block. I would hate to see it as Sturdivant is a fine upstanding individual who really cares about his players well being. But, things just aren't working. :wacko:  

Proset, the Bellview coach also got 23 transfers in this off season so it's not as if he is winning with the same kids. The recruiting pipeline to only OTC gas slowed and the results in the field are the result. Just my opinion.

Captain....................you could be right. OTC has not had one really outstanding player in the last couple of years, D-1 or otherwise. Rickards had a whole slew of potential D-1 talent on their squad every year and never won anything until they got adequate coaching. I think that OTC's problems go much deeper than not being able to recruit top players. The players currently on the team are good enough to win the games that they're losing. The team is just not executing.  

You could see OTC giving up a little more as the game was moving along. I agree that they need to fix their passing game starting with the O-line. Cameron Thompson is a good running back but you can't put the whole game on a couple athlete's shoulders. Missed tackles were a problem for OTC, and OTC needs to fix their pass coverage. Maybe the DC needs some little help in developing the defense.

You could see the talent that OTC has, just not the heart. 

Yes, Jess. To answer your question about Stacy Sizemore leaving AHD and MCC finding new life. Something is happening at MCC, but they are not on the same level as TCA. They are getting their though.

• 1 month later...

Definately not the Trinity Catholic of old that's for sure, I remember those days of beating Vanguard, Forest, And North Marion routinely, their is something missing since coach Brantley left and it hasn't been the same since that 2014 season

Merry Christmas, James.

Well, the 2016 season is over, thank goodness for the Celtics. I would like your take and your graduating Nephew's take on what will be transpiring with this team, over next summer and into 2017. As far as I can ascertain, the team will be losing 15 Seniors to graduation including RB cameron Thompson, RB Robert Rivers, QB Ryan Miller, WR Jakob Genevese, and DT Uriah Gilbert. Although the OL and DL don't seem to have much in the way of players departing due to graduation.

Have you or your Nephew heard anything about a shakeup in the staff? I have really been disappointed with the coaching, over the past 2 years, and do not know how the team will get any better considering the loss of their key players. This season Trinity had some very good players,including an experienced QB, and could do little against half way decent teams.

Anyway, would sure like to hear another perspective on all of this since I do not have the inside contacts I used to have, a few seasons back, and you obviously do. 

Thanks Again my friend.  ;)

Merry Christmas, James.

Well, the 2016 season is over, thank goodness for the Celtics. I would like your take and your graduating Nephew's take on what will be transpiring with this team, over next summer and into 2017. As far as I can ascertain, the team will be losing 15 Seniors to graduation including RB cameron Thompson, RB Robert Rivers, QB Ryan Miller, WR Jakob Genevese, and DT Uriah Gilbert. Although the OL and DL don't seem to have much in the way of players departing due to graduation.

Have you or your Nephew heard anything about a shakeup in the staff? I have really been disappointed with the coaching, over the past 2 years, and do not know how the team will get any better considering the loss of their key players. This season Trinity had some very good players,including an experienced QB, and could do little against half way decent teams.

Anyway, would sure like to hear another perspective on all of this since I do not have the inside contacts I used to have, a few seasons back, and you obviously do.

Thanks Again my friend. ;)

Merry Christmas to you to Proset..

I talk to my nephew quite a bit since the season ended over the phone and will be seeing him and the family tonight at a Christmas Party, he's been working out at the school almost everyday except Sunday's since the season ended and he's said that he hasn't heard anything about a coaching change or if there will be one at all. There has been a lot of the underclassmen there working out every single day as he's said they're very dedicated to the weight room and getting better, even has heard a few players talking about transferring out if that staff stays there. He has said that he has no idea what next season will bring but they have some very good players coming up if they can keep them their and the future looks bright, everybody just has to get on the same page

I'm just wondering why there is dissension among the ranks? I've talked with Sturdivant a few times and he seems like a really decent guy and I know that he had high hopes for the team since day one. Totally different personality than Brantley, though. I know that he has completely changed the philosophy of the team and that possibly some players don't buy into it. Since I'm not an expert on what actually motivates a team to play well, I do not know if the coach is doing things right or not. All I know is that the Celtics were one of the best teams in Florida under Kerwin Bell and subsequently John Brantley.