Vero vs Treasure Coast stream

Trelle

41 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

I fully expect Vero to win this game and maybe even by 14 or more. Said it on Scorestream too. TC is heading in the wrong direction. 

Sadly, TC brought its basic singe wing and a hybrid spread and VB had no answer. After facing the basic single wing for several years, VB has not figured out how to stop it as they got hit with counters time after time. Now VB faces the possibility of DeLand in the first round. If you can't stop TC, then you will have a tall order stopping RD. That and VB having no offense at all in the second half did you in. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Sadly, TC brought its basic singe wing and a hybrid spread and VB had no answer. After facing the basic single wing for several years, VB has not figured out how to stop it as they got hit with counters time after time. Now VB faces the possibility of DeLand in the first round. If you can't stop TC, then you will have a tall order stopping RD. That and VB having no offense at all in the second half did you in. 

This Vero team is one of the oddest teams I’ve seen us field in years. As I said in an earlier thread they just don’t gel and everything and everyone seems out of sync. Not sure what’s going on. They have play makers on both sides of the ball, but this is a team sport and no one seems like they want to play with each other. Hate to say it but if it’s Deland then it’ll be another one and done season again.

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Wanted to see Vero win and thought they would have enough offense to do it after watching them play Martin County. Having 2 losses to two tough opponents, (might?) help them in the playoffs, but I think Deland would have to be favored over them on merit if that is their round 1 opponent. 

3 minutes ago, Trelle said:

This Vero team is one of the oddest teams I’ve seen us field in years. As I said in an earlier thread they just don’t gel and everything and everyone seems out of sync. Not sure what’s going on. They have play makers on both sides of the ball, but this is a team sport and no one seems like they want to play with each other. Hate to say it but if it’s Deland then it’ll be another one and done season again.

That's the potential downside of having a large number of transfers especially when they are juniors and seniors. I think Miami Central is also suffering from a similar situation. I have always preferred to have my kids come in from the 9th grade as I think in that it's a lot easier to get them to buy in to the program and gel as a team. I don't know how many of VB's current starters are recent transfers in, but that could be a part of the reason. 

Their last big chance was when your defender stripped the ball and set VB up inside the TC 30. To get no points off of that situation had me shaking my head. 

Before the game tonight, DeLand was the number 4 seed in Region 3 and Vero Beach was the number 5 seed. Given VB lost to TC which is a higher seeded team than it, VB may retain the number 5 spot, especially if it wins next week. As DeLand is a district champion, that means VB's first game would be on the road at Spec Martin stadium. 

If VB loses to Lake City Columbia which is possible, I believe it still makes the playoffs but would likely be 6 or 7th seed. The likely opponent would be either Palm Bay Heritage (which would be a good draw), or a rematch with Treasure Coast at their place again. 

1 hour ago, Trelle said:

I have to agree, this whole season I seems as though it’s been, “when they gel as a team, they’ll be dangerous”- but it never happened, plenty of talent there, but it seems like a bunch of football players put together wearing the same jersey, but no team chemistry at all. 

Went to the game tonight. TC was clearly the better team, and the final margin could have been 36-10. TC fumbled at the Vero 5 after a long catch and run when the receiver was struggling to get into the end zone, and then TC jumped a pass route and a kid dropped the easiest pick 6 opportunity he'll ever have. As for Vero, I don't know what their problems stem from, but something is really off kilter for them. Like someone else said, I'm leaning to believe it has at least some to do with the transfers. There's way too much physical talent there for them to struggle like they have at times this year. 

9 hours ago, Trelle said:

VB definitely has talent. You could see moments of great talent on offense and defense. If I'm the coach, I'm at practice yelling "Finish your plays".

9 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Last year Vero put on a clinic on how to stop it but hey that was last year lol, but yea Vero got shutout last night in the second half, Vero hasn't been a second half team all year long which is NOT a state champion, I believe season may end right there in Port St Lucie, in the second or third round, better hope they don't get DeLand 

9 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That's the potential downside of having a large number of transfers especially when they are juniors and seniors. I think Miami Central is also suffering from a similar situation. I have always preferred to have my kids come in from the 9th grade as I think in that it's a lot easier to get them to buy in to the program and gel as a team. I don't know how many of VB's current starters are recent transfers in, but that could be a part of the reason. 

Their last big chance was when your defender stripped the ball and set VB up inside the TC 30. To get no points off of that situation had me shaking my head. 

I think Miami Central has a better chance to pull it together tho but I see what you saying 

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Before the game tonight, DeLand was the number 4 seed in Region 3 and Vero Beach was the number 5 seed. Given VB lost to TC which is a higher seeded team than it, VB may retain the number 5 spot, especially if it wins next week. As DeLand is a district champion, that means VB's first game would be on the road at Spec Martin stadium. 

If VB loses to Lake City Columbia which is possible, I believe it still makes the playoffs but would likely be 6 or 7th seed. The likely opponent would be either Palm Bay Heritage (which would be a good draw), or a rematch with Treasure Coast at their place again. 

What's crazy is that my mom told me her Lake City Tigers are gonna beat us......

Dam so DeLand might be our first opponent???

41 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

What's crazy is that my mom told me her Lake City Tigers are gonna beat us......

Dam so DeLand might be our first opponent???

Yes. That's the most likely outcome as I type this. If Vero lost to Columbia you may get Palm Bay Heritage or Treasure Coast in the first round, though.  Heritage would be a likely win for VB. But TC, well we saw what happened last night. 

17 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yes. That's the most likely outcome as I type this. If Vero lost to Columbia you may get Palm Bay Heritage or Treasure Coast in the first round, though.  Heritage would be a likely win for VB. But TC, well we saw what happened last night. 

I think palm bay heritage could beat us too, they played us very well in the spring game, and if I remember they also control the clock, but yea DeLand is a tough outing 

Vero looks are imposing. Big, athletic, fast……then they play!!!! They play soft, undisciplined, & confused. They’re imposters. At least in last nights game. The penalties that both teams continued to have are first & second week penalties!!!! If the opposing teams don’t beat them in the postseason, they’ll beat themselves with their undisciplined play. Game was hard to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Vero looks are imposing. Big, athletic, fast……then they play!!!! They play soft, undisciplined, & confused. They’re imposters. At least in last nights game. The penalties that both teams continued to have are first & second week penalties!!!! If the opposing teams don’t beat them in the postseason, they’ll beat themselves with their undisciplined play. Game was hard to watch. 

From last night's play both teams have a lot of clean up to do if either is to get far in the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

Last year Vero put on a clinic on how to stop it but hey that was last year lol, but yea Vero got shutout last night in the second half, Vero hasn't been a second half team all year long which is NOT a state champion, I believe season may end right there in Port St Lucie, in the second or third round, better hope they don't get DeLand 

The craziest part is, if you looks years back Vero has always been a great second half team and would make adjustments during the half and usually pull away. This year 2nd half they come out flat, and unresponsive like they give up even with a lead. 

2 minutes ago, Trelle said:

The craziest part is, if you looks years back Vero has always been a great second half team and would make adjustments during the half and usually pull away. This year 2nd half they come out flat, and unresponsive like they give up even with a lead. 

@Trelle, 20 years or so ago, back when you represented VB, I bet well over 90% of the team was "home grown" in the sense that they spent all four years at VB. Today, while VB is still a community school, that's not the case in athletics anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Trelle said:

I see that, they completely gave up against Seminole, kinda did against TC last night which is why I'm scared for a first round match up against Deland

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

@Trelle, 20 years or so ago, back when you represented VB, I bet well over 90% of the team was "home grown" in the sense that they spent all four years at VB. Today, while VB is still a community school, that's not the case in athletics anymore. 

You can even say 10 years ago when I was in school, we actually had kids transfer out but we mainly played with homegrown talent, from freshman and jv teams, when I was a freshman, we didn't have a freshman team 

3 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

I see that, they completely gave up against Seminole, kinda did against TC last night which is why I'm scared for a first round match up against Deland

Coach J has built an excellent program at Vero over the past 13 years and transfers certainly help but it is better to get them as incoming freshmen.  Then you have time to mold them to your culture, discipline, character and tradition as they grow with the program with upperclassmen leading the way and setting the example.  Getting a bunch of seniors that are extremely talented but may have come from programs that lack these traits, if that is the case will lead to lack of discipline resulting in penalties, lack of effort, lack of focus on assignment football, etc.  It can even extend to loafing at practice and even sometimes skipping practice or being late.  None is good for team chemistry generally though I am not suggesting this is the case at VB as I know little just a distinct possibility. 

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Hey now I’m not that old, so 19 years ago (lol) but yes I can honestly remember 3 kids that transferred in 1 from St Edward’s (private Vero school), one from John Carroll (private school in Ft. Pierce but he lived in Vero) and from Sebastian (who grew up in Vero and I personally have been friends to this day with since 6th grade and transferred in like myself after parents divorced and his dad was in Vero). 2 started on the line (C and G) and my buddy was a co-starter at QB. Everyone else pretty much came up playing 9-12th grade. We have a great group of feeder schools into 9th grade from multiple private and public middle schools I really don’t see the need for transfers. With home grown talent we were in the playoffs every year, playing good competition, and ALOT of camaraderie between the guys.