Congratulations Cocoa Tigers

Dan in Daytona

14 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Happy for Cocoa and just to be clear, I don't have a dog in the hunt.  But how they did it on the FHSAA site only is clear as mud.  Every other ranking system nationally has CMD ranked higher than Cocoa and yes, on any given day........... Again, not a betting man but my money would be on Chaminade.   So NO, the explanation didn't help me. 

LOL, I tried. Chaminade is a great team but the FHSAA rankings are numbers and only numbers. Think AI and you might get an Idea of how it works. No heart, just calculations. Plain cold numbers.

7 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Scary thing for Cocoa is HC Schneider maybe heading to Georgia to coach. He turns over a team that returns a lot of key playmakers and a possible record setting QB. If Ryan stays he likely coaches Cocoa to another great season.

I must have missed this tid-bit of info somewhere. Where/when was this said?

10 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I don't expect Cocoa to be #1 at the end of the playoffs because teams like Lake Mary/Mainland/STA/Venice/Bucholtz/etc... will have a tougher schedule.

And for the record, you can say any team can beat any team but unless they play each other you don't really know. Teams can have a bad or great game any given week.

I need a refresher . . .  does the FHSAA continue to publish a Power Ranking now that the regular season is over and the brackets have been set?   What purpose, if any, would it serve (other than to generate further debate as to the unknown factors that are used to create it)?

46 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I need a refresher . . .  does the FHSAA continue to publish a Power Ranking now that the regular season is over and the brackets have been set?   What purpose, if any, would it serve (other than to generate further debate as to the unknown factors that are used to create it)?

No further points updates.  Seedings are 'redone' at the Final Four but based on the final season rankings.

9 hours ago, imjustafan2 said:

Has there been any further talk since then?

Not that I know of.

12 hours ago, Perspective said:

I agree, what would be the point of the FHSAA updating the rankings other than to stir up the message boards.