Who are some of the better teams in your area that won't see the the playoffs in 2016?

BrowardHandicapper

Off the top of my head in

Broward:

Miramar (8A)

Boyd Anderson (6A)

Stoneman Douglas (8A)

South Broward (7A)

Hallandale (5A)

Honorable mention: University School (4A)

Dade:

Miami Central (6A)

Norland (6A)

South Dade (8A)

Miami Jackson (5A)

Monsignor Pace (4A)

Honorable mention: North Miami (8A)

Palm Beach:

Boca Raton (8A)

Seminole Ridge (8A)

Royal Palm Beach (7A)

Lake Worth (8A)

Olympic Heights (7A)

Honorable mention: Palm Beach Central (8A)

Yes Orange City University is not in the playoffs. They lost two early district games to Seminole and Lake Brantley and were never ever to recover from it.

The only way we could recover from it was a Lake Brantley loss, check the stats we throttled teams after that game. I'd say we recovered nicely, however can't lose in district play and expect to get in. Finish 8-2 this year

The Orange city team that just wrecked Lincoln not in the playoffs? Or am I thinking of a different one?

Yeah we are out, lost 2 district games. Had a major key injury versus Lake Brantley and our back up kid was not mentally prepared for that triple option so instead of having a fill guy for QB he was hitting dive. Not an excuse just merely letting you know what happened. Honestly if we could play both those teams again now it would be a different result. We had 3 games in 8 days to close the season and throttled Lake Mary 63-33, Oviedo 60-32 and Tallahassee Lincoln 56-20. Wish next years playoff rules were in affect cause I think we'd been a dangerous team!!!! Can't cry over it, gotta regroup for next year. Oh and btw, if y'all have a good running game you will give Lincoln fits, they had a hard time stopping the run against us.

Yeah we are out, lost 2 district games. Had a major key injury versus Lake Brantley and our back up kid was not mentally prepared for that triple option so instead of having a fill guy for QB he was hitting dive. Not an excuse just merely letting you know what happened. Honestly if we could play both those teams again now it would be a different result. We had 3 games in 8 days to close the season and throttled Lake Mary 63-33, Oviedo 60-32 and Tallahassee Lincoln 56-20. Wish next years playoff rules were in affect cause I think we'd been a dangerous team!!!! Can't cry over it, gotta regroup for next year. Oh and btw, if y'all have a good running game you will give Lincoln fits, they had a hard time stopping the run against us.

We got several talented backs and have been getting good plays with zone read last few games but defense has been our strongest assest in past month

How good their offense?

That's tough....That scenario and Miramar losing their two games by a combined 2 pts (7-8, 6-7) on literally last second drives by opposing District teams Flanagan and Western seem to be the hardest season ending scenarios for two very good 8A teams....

How is University Orange City looking for 2017?  

You know I saw University Orange City does not have a game scheduled for this week.  I don't know if they they have cleaned out their lockers yet but we just had a decent team here in Broward County have the final week open up for them.  Western just had South Broward cancel on them due to a brawl the previous week.  Western has only played 8 games this year and are looking for 1 more game to get ready for Deerfield Beach for the playoffs.  I'm just brainstorming but I was thinking University Orange City would be a very good primer to get ready for the 8A playoffs if the logistics could ever work out....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/sfl-postgame-brawl-prompts-south-broward-to-cancel-season-finale-20161101-story.html

We got several talented backs and have been getting good plays with zone read last few games but defense has been our strongest assest in past month

How good their offense?

Honestly, they came out in pro set the first few series and tried to run. When that didn't work they went tre, trips open and empty. Didn't give him a lot of time to throw, had pressure on him a lot. Watch #11 and #14 at WR. #4 was supposed to be the better one but he had a quiet night. His absolute favorite target is #84, the TE. He'll throw to him whenever they really need something. We killed them with counter and trap!!

We return quite a bit, my whole secondary including back ups were juniors. Still got Lingard. Our QB, Cody Braden, is probably the most under rated guy, kid can sling it!! However we lose 2 backs, 3 OL, 3 DL and all 4 LB's. If our back ups step up we can be scary good next year. We have some cats but they are mostly unproven. Some did get significant playing time in our last 3 games though, with all 3 being blow outs.

We return quite a bit, my whole secondary including back ups were juniors. Still got Lingard. Our QB, Cody Braden, is probably the most under rated guy, kid can sling it!! However we lose 2 backs, 3 OL, 3 DL and all 4 LB's. If our back ups step up we can be scary good next year. We have some cats but they are mostly unproven. Some did get significant playing time in our last 3 games though, with all 3 being blow outs.

That is good to hear.  Hopefully 2017 wont be a district repeat scenario for UOC but at least next year the playoffs will structured different.  UOC had a great season with a very potent offense.  Constructive criticism speaking... I think overall the UOC Defense was the area that could have been a little stronger. Just out of curiosity did UOC have a 7 or 8 game road stretch this year?  What the hell?  How did that happen?

They don't have a field to play on!!! All games are on the road. Unlike most Florida counties, Volusia does sports on the cheap. Ballfields don't come with new schools. At times they play games at two nearby high schools ( Deltona, Pine Ridge ). In which both of these are of a very poor quality. There is a growing movement in that part of the county that an area sports complex could be an economic boom to those Deltona area communities. This is long overdue. It's an embarrassment to many local residents.

Lawrence Coleman is a junior?

You know I saw University Orange City does not have a game scheduled for this week.  I don't know if they they have cleaned out their lockers yet but we just had a decent team here in Broward County have the final week open up for them.  Western just had South Broward cancel on them due to a brawl the previous week.  Western has only played 8 games this year and are looking for 1 more game to get ready for Deerfield Beach for the playoffs.  I'm just brainstorming but I was thinking University Orange City would be a very good primer to get ready for the 8A playoffs if the logistics could ever work out....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/sfl-postgame-brawl-prompts-south-broward-to-cancel-season-finale-20161101-story.html

Unfortunately, we have already released kids to other sports, collected equipment and shut it down for this year. We schedule that way so if we ever get in the playoffs we have a bye week to rest and get healthy. We play 10 straight and are pretty beat up by this time.