Who picked TC over DeLand?

LongtimeVero

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

On paper, DeLand is actually built perfectly to beat Venice because they run the single wing-t offense. If Venice makes one mistake (a fumble, interception, etc,) they could easily take 6 minutes or more off of the clock. If DeLand wins the coin toss I fully expect them to receive first and try to take the first quarter off of the clock. 

Venice hasn't seen much of the single wing-t offense. They played Naples in the Spring Game and in the 2022 regular season, who runs slip halfback veer offense (not the same as DeLand, but similar,) and it gave us trouble both times. Also, keep in mind that Naples *didn't* have a legend on the sideline running their offense, DeLand does. Venice's defensive line this year has been their weakness and isn't really set up to stop an offense that will carry the ball 50 times a game. Just food for thought. 

Last time Venice faced the single wing in a meaningful game, 2021, it totally shut it down. Now that was then and this is now. Then your defensive front was a strength, this year not as much. But while I am not sure whether I admire Peacock as a person, as a coach he's stellar. 

Now DeLand's kid that takes most of the snaps is capable of hurling the ball down field as well as running it. So, they could give Venice some trouble there. With that said, Venice should win this game and probably by double digits. 

Guilty as charged as I certainly did believe that TC should be favored in the game and was even more surprised by the lopsided score.  As Darter mentioned, he was alone in his belief that Deland would win as everyone else put their money on TC which appeared to have been a safe bet.  Obviously, the difference in the game came down to the trigger man in both running attacks and the Deland QB certainly proved to be much more dynamic than George Roberts.  I was pulling for Deland so happy with the results and hope they can continue the momentum vs Venice.  This will undoubtedly be a much tougher task but we have had some crazy results in the playoffs thus far.  

I thought that DeLand was a good matchup against TC.... I felt DeLand was a stronger team, on film, than TC. I felt a 35-7 DeLand was a good possibility.

I am looking forward to watching them play Venice as Venice has a great production squad for TV, they do a really nice job on the NFHS network...... Will check out Lakeland/ Bucholtz also.

Deland's QB TJ Moore is a very gifted, bruising athlete who can hurt you with his arm (over 1,000 yds) or legs. But the Bulldog's aren't a one trick pony. In particular, one Javon Ross who does everything for this team all over the field. I believe he has more then 20 TD's (?) running, receiving, kick returns, and an interception return or two. This young man is electric !  Sadly if he was D-1 larger he'd be on every rating service "can't miss" list....Go Bulldogs 

16 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Last time Venice faced the single wing in a meaningful game, 2021, it totally shut it down. Now that was then and this is now. Then your defensive front was a strength, this year not as much. But while I am not sure whether I admire Peacock as a person, as a coach he's stellar. 

Now DeLand's kid that takes most of the snaps is capable of hurling the ball down field as well as running it. So, they could give Venice some trouble there. With that said, Venice should win this game and probably by double digits. 

What is wrong with coach Peacock as a person?  I think he is a good fella.

16 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

1 hour ago, Brody Wiseguy said:

What is wrong with coach Peacock as a person?  I think he is a good fella.

To be honest, I have never met the man in person. That's why I reserved my judgment if you read my post carefully. But I will say this: He tends to come over as overly arrogant. I guess, I don't have great love for arrogant people. Why? The believe they know it all and because of that core belief, they stifle their own ability to grow. 

58 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

To be honest, I have never met the man in person. That's why I reserved my judgment if you read my post carefully. But I will say this: He tends to come over as overly arrogant. I guess, I don't have great love for arrogant people. Why? The believe they know it all and because of that core belief, they stifle their own ability to grow. 

And for that same personal quality, some people are attracted to them, many people mistakenly align  "arrogance" with strength, or a sign of leadership ability. But I agree with you: it results in a lack of desire for self improvement and ultimately very limited thinking.

Tempered confidence, on the other hand is an asset for any coach, player, or leader. But they are not the same.

5 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

And for that same personal quality, some people are attracted to them, many people mistakenly align  "arrogance" with strength, or a sign of leadership ability. But I agree with you: it results in a lack of desire for self improvement and ultimately very limited thinking.

Tempered confidence, on the other hand is an asset for any coach, player, or leader. But they are not the same.

Arrogance = General Custer; tempered confidence = Eisenhower. 

5 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Oh I thought you were saying he was a bad person.  Maybe have 2 families or give players pain killers or something of that nature.  I think he is pretty reserved in letting people in his circle, but he is a great guy once you get to know him.  I can tell you he is 100% coaching to help kids.  I would agree he is confident, but who would want to play for someone that is not confident.  

6 hours ago, Brody Wiseguy said:

Really?  What would make you say that?

Don't know either, never met the gentlemen. But from newspaper articles, football message board gossip, adult conversations, and the like they seem similar in how they go about winning football games. My opinion was formulated from the above input. I know nothing, it's all  "OPINION."  

14 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Don't know either, never met the gentlemen. But from newspaper articles, football message board gossip, adult conversations, and the like they seem similar in how they go about winning football games. My opinion was formulated from the above input. I know nothing, it's all  "OPINION."  

I used to feel the same way, but actually got to know him a little this past year.