when do the new districts come out?

h8r

The only information that I have seen is what is available on the FHSAA website.  The most recent Board of Directors meeting took place on November 5-6.  At that time, it appears the new classification proposal was discussed, and an official vote planned "at a later time".  It seems that a decision would need to be made fairly soon, so that districts could be determined, and 2024 schedules planned.  I would suspect the FHSAA is waiting for the championships to be completed this week, and then proceed with decisions for next year.  The FHSAA has updated its enrollment numbers for the 2023-24 school year to use in the reclassification process.  For those who are interested, you can check out enrollment numbers here: https://fhsaa.com/sports/2021/12/3/SchoolEnrollmentNumbers.aspx    

Not sure if it means anything. FHSAA posted they are having a meeting on the 12th. I clicked on the agenda they had a lot of red with things crossed out and other things added in red. Does this meeting they are meeting and voting on the new stuff? Or have they already decided on the new things?

https://fhsaa.com/documents/2023/12/6/BOD_PKT_12_12_2023.pdf

14 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

Not sure if it means anything. FHSAA posted they are having a meeting on the 12th. I clicked on the agenda they had a lot of red with things crossed out and other things added in red. Does this meeting they are meeting and voting on the new stuff? Or have they already decided on the new things?

https://fhsaa.com/documents/2023/12/6/BOD_PKT_12_12_2023.pdf

It sounds like they have a working document in process. Not sure if the intent is to have it ready for a vote in that meeting. 

This document is a draft of proposed revisions to the FHSAA Administrative Policies, which govern its athletic programs.  I would suspect this has been vetted already and will be voted on at this meeting.  The Reader's Digest version for those who don't want to wade through the document.

1. 8 total classifications (1A-7A + Rural); assigned by student population.
  2. Regular season district games not required.
  3. Teams can schedule 8 games through Week 9. 
  4. After Week 9, the 4 highest ranked teams in each district by computer rankings enter a district tournament.  Two district semifinal games played in Week 10; winners play in Week 11 for district championship; losers of district semifinal games play in Week 11.
  5. All other teams not in district tournament may schedule games in Week 10 and Week 11.
  6. At the conclusion of the district tournaments, the 8 highest ranked teams by the computer rankings will be placed in the Open Division.
  7. 4 district champions and 4 at-large teams by the computer rankings qualify in each region.

Again, this is a draft proposal and subject to change.

1 hour ago, Dr. D said:

This document is a draft of proposed revisions to the FHSAA Administrative Policies, which govern its athletic programs.  I would suspect this has been vetted already and will be voted on at this meeting.  The Reader's Digest version for those who don't want to wade through the document.

1. 8 total classifications (1A-7A + Rural); assigned by student population.
  2. Regular season district games not required.
  3. Teams can schedule 8 games through Week 9. 
  4. After Week 9, the 4 highest ranked teams in each district by computer rankings enter a district tournament.  Two district semifinal games played in Week 10; winners play in Week 11 for district championship; losers of district semifinal games play in Week 11.
  5. All other teams not in district tournament may schedule games in Week 10 and Week 11.
  6. At the conclusion of the district tournaments, the 8 highest ranked teams by the computer rankings will be placed in the Open Division.
  7. 4 district champions and 4 at-large teams by the computer rankings qualify in each region.

Again, this is a draft proposal and subject to change.

I kinda like this idea. Other than the fact they should just scrap rural and put those teams in 1A and 2A according to their enrollment since there's no required district games. 

For the bigger districts, just have the district tournament at a neutral site.

dont qualify for dist tourney,

scheduling 2 games will be very tough, with kids who may be mentally out of it because they didnt make post season.  

lots of teams have rivalry games last 2 weeks of season,  to keep some focus in a bad/tough season.

and theroritcally,

you could play the same team 3x

during the season, dist tourney, playoffs(round 2 or beyond).

not that it doesnt happen in nfl, but thats crazy,