Timber Creek upends Apopka

DarterBlue2

For the first time since 2011 we exit in the first round.

The game started bad for Apopka from the beginning when TC onside kicked it and recovered the kick to begin the game. With good field position they score quickly. On the ensuing kickoff they pooch it, Apopka fumbles it, and just like that they are in business again at our 43. They score again to take a 14-0 lead within the first 4 minutes of the game. For the rest of the first half, Apopka mounts a comeback and go into the break up 27-20. We proceed to get an interception in the third and take a 33-20 lead. TC cuts it to 33-27; we score again and go for two but get stopped and its 39-27 midway through the fourth quarter. After that, things go downhill quickly as TC scores off a big pass play, but has the extra point blocked, 39-33 Apopka. We get the ball, have a third and 4 but proceed to give up two delay of game penalties well within our half (SMH). Needless to say, we are forced to punt, and, TC scores again and gets the PAT. We had one more chance, as in the waning seconds, we drive all the way to their 22 only to get intercepted. The game ends with TC taking a knee. 

This was a bad end to a season which showed a lot of promise. I was not totally surprised, as in our last four regular season games, something did not look right. Apopka, when it gears up to go deep usually improves as the season progresses. For some reason we looked flat the last half of the season and was lucky to defeat Wekiva in a wild game. It is interesting to note that Wekiva also went down tonight to Winter Park, a team they beat 35-7 in the regular season. 

Timber Creek came to play, their coaches obviously had a plan, and they executed it well. Their QB was the best passer we faced all season and he burned us with a number of intermediate and long pass plays. Good luck to them the rest of the season!

For the first time since 2011 we exit in the first round.

The game started bad for Apopka from the beginning when TC onside kicked it and recovered the kick to begin the game. With good field position they score quickly. On the ensuing kickoff they pooch it, Apopka fumbles it, and just like that they are in business again at our 43. They score again to take a 14-0 lead within the first 4 minutes of the game. For the rest of the first half, Apopka mounts a comeback and go into the break up 27-20. We proceed to get an interception in the third and take a 33-20 lead. TC cuts it to 33-27; we score again and go for two but get stopped and its 39-27 midway through the fourth quarter. After that, things go downhill quickly as TC scores off a big pass play, but has the extra point blocked, 39-33 Apopka. We get the ball, have a third and 4 but proceed to give up two delay of game penalties well within our half (SMH). Needless to say, we are forced to punt, and, TC scores again and gets the PAT. We had one more chance, as in the waning seconds, we drive all the way to their 22 only to get intercepted. The game ends with TC taking a knee. 

This was a bad end to a season which showed a lot of promise. I was not totally surprised, as in our last four regular season games, something did not look right. Apopka, when it gears up to go deep usually improves as the season progresses. For some reason we looked flat the last half of the season and was lucky to defeat Wekiva in a wild game. It is interesting to note that Wekiva also went down tonight to Winter Park, a team they beat 35-7 in the regular season. 

Timber Creek came to play, their coaches obviously had a plan, and they executed it well. Their QB was the best passer we faced all season and he burned us with a number of intermediate and long pass plays. Good luck to them the rest of the season!

Sorry for you and your Blue Darters,  DarterBlue2.......It has been a wide open 8A but I never would have thought Apopka and Osceola by a combined 2 points in the first round. Stunned.....

Sorry for you and your Blue Darters,  DarterBlue2.......It has been a wide open 8A but I never would have thought Apopka and Osceola by a combined 2 points in the first round. Stunned.....

Nor would I! Early on, I commented on the softness of our schedule. But even so, I did not see this team losing in the first round. Timber Creek is a well coached team. But I did not, and still don't think they had the horses to take us down. Reality is a b@!#h. 

Nor would I! Early on, I commented on the softness of our schedule. But even so, I did not see this team losing in the first round. Timber Creek is a well coached team. But I did not, and still don't think they had the horses to take us down. Reality is a b@!#h.

Same for Osceola never would of seen them lose to Treasure Coast. They played extremely sloppy and had 4 to 5 turnovers which kept Tc in the game. With a huge extra point miss which cost us big time.

Seems like a lot more points being scored overall in 8A North. Who are some of the better Defensive teams up there that remain?

Dr. Phillips comes to mind first for me...

Well Vero has aloud to many points mainly last night which Ridge was coming back in the last few mins of the game and this happened last year 8a North allowed more points than 8a South did

Seems like a lot more points being scored overall in 8A North.  Who are some of the better Defensive teams up there that remain?

Dr. Phillips comes to mind first for me...

Of the remaining teams, Phillips probably has the best defense. However, their offense has not always been on fire. A Phillips/South Ridge final could be a defensive battle, if that were to come about. 

Well Vero has aloud to many points mainly last night which Ridge was coming back in the last few mins of the game and this happened last year 8a North allowed more points than 8a South did

8A in SFL in the playoffs - if you surrender 24+ points (barring OT games).... you are generally going to lose 90% of the time.  It seems like you can get away with it more so in 8A North.

DP defense

LB Dylan Meeks - tons of offers

LB Nick Smith - NC State

DE Robert Porcher - Nebraska

SS DJ Charles - FAU

FS Tanner Ingle - multiple offers

I expect about 5-6 more underclassmen to get offers as well on the defense. DE/LB Gulla will get big offers. Some are freshman and sophomores who get good playing time.

Offense has five D1 offers at QB (UCF), RB, WR, WR, OL... a third WR (jr) will go D1.

Two impact freshmen (Stephen Dix and Brandon Fields) are future stars.

The AP has had DP unranked for like 6 weeks. Lost to Apopka and Mainland but 6-0 since. Defense has given up 9.7 points per game this year.

I believe the AP last year heading into Round 3 had Flanagan at like #8 and Osceola at like #9 or #10 if that means anything...They also had Delray Atlantic #1 through most of the year until Round 3.