New Association/Conference

Go Bo Go

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Suburban Venice destroys 4 metro teams in the 2021 playoffs by a combined 174-28. Complete demolition. Obliterated all of them. 

so in response the FHSAA Splits the state up into suburban and metro divisions because it’s so unfair to the suburban teams. 

clown world not meant to be taken seriously 

Your referencing a Venice team who probably gets more transfers then many private schools 

If your really trying to claim Venice is all suburban schools you clearly have missed the mark with your research nolebullshit 

Just now, SportsFan said:

Your referencing a Venice team who probably gets more transfers then many private schools 

If your really trying to claim Venice is all suburban schools you clearly have missed the mark with your research nolebullshit 

What I’m trying to say is the metro/suburban split was supposed to give the suburban teams an easier path where they didn’t have to compete against those mean ole metro teams but Venice crushed the narrative. 

32 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

I even posted a article of a public school recruiting. I mean any team that recruits. The only way to solve issue is to put all the super teams in same divisions an dlet them pummel each other instead on non super recruiters.

That I would be fine with but we already have been shown the FHSAA doesn't even recognize that is the issue and they have shown no real hurry to try and pass open division

The recent changes to the leadership of the FHSAA which was made by the state legislature and governors office has made me very wary that will happen anytime soon as they still think student population has a impact on how good a program actually is even though we see teams like Madison County beating schools with 3k kids 

2 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

Do you have a list of their transfers that were contributors on that 21 team and the former team they came from? Or can you get it?

Just now, nolebull813 said:

What I’m trying to say is the metro/suburban split was supposed to give the suburban teams an easier path where they didn’t have to compete against those mean ole metro teams but Venice crushed the narrative. 

But Venice isn't the entirety of suburban 

Venice has gotten transfers from Tampa and Bradenton

How many suburban schools are getting the volume of transfers they get from 1 1/2 hours away consistently?

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Do you have a list of their transfers that were contributors on that 21 team and the former team they came from? Or can you get it?

Check the 2021 transfer thread on here and I'm sure some probably got listed 

Alternatively I know a few people who may have tracked them even if I don't have the numbers on me atm

Just now, SportsFan said:

But Venice isn't the entirety of suburban 

Venice has gotten transfers from Tampa and Bradenton

How many suburban schools are getting the volume of transfers they get from 1 1/2 hours away consistently?

I highly doubt those kids are commuting from Tampa to Venice every day. It is most likely a family relocation. And should Venice turn them away? Venice isn’t doing anything that any other team can’t do. They are being criticized for being one of the better teams who benefit from it.

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I highly doubt those kids are commuting from Tampa to Venice every day. It is most likely a family relocation. And should Venice turn them away? Venice isn’t doing anything that any other team can’t do. They are being criticized for being one of the better teams who benefit from it.

I don't think that every suburban area is gonna have the same level of jobs available to invite people to move there which is exactly why population of the entire county says more about the pull of talent more than the specific number of students in a school since typically the top players in a county will end up at the same school

So Venice isn't getting the best talent by way of being in a favorable talent zone but they are instead getting the best of the best in the entirety of Sarasota County and as such they should have their county population grouped with other counties of similar size 

The idea of using student population is outdated and broken in a system that allows school choice and allows one school to get the majority of the top talent from an entire county, after all if your pulling from an entire COUNTY then why does it make sense to group teams by the size of the SCHOOL and not the size of the COUNTY? I'm not getting the logic in how classifications are grouped at any stage ever since the changes made by state laws 

I'll call a spade a spade.   Venice attracts its fair share (perhaps more than its fair share) of the good athletes/football players in Sarasota County.   Good for them; that happens when you develop a winning program.    But, they then go out and recruit players from other counties (like QB's from the Tampa Bay area) to help push them over the edge.  I can't argue with their success on the field, but it's why I have no respect for Peacock. 

On 2/7/2024 at 2:20 PM, nolebull813 said:

Post the link of the cheating. If you can’t post the link where they were cheating then you are just pulling stuff out of your a$$. 

Players in the state of Florida can transfer to whatever school they desire. It is the decision for the player and their family. It is not my decision or yours. it is not my fault that Chaminade is surrounded by some of the best football talent in the entire Milky Way galaxy. so when players transfer there, just like they do around the entire state, it is going to make a much bigger impact than four or five kids, transferring from one Gainesville team to another. 

I posted the winter Park cheating and the fhsaa let all the players play in playoffs. It was obvious cheating by a public school. Recruiting is cheating and illegal and the current rules force coaches to do it or lose. Need to put elite teams who obviously recruit into same divisions so it apples to apples and not David VS Goliath.

On 2/7/2024 at 2:37 PM, nolebull813 said:

I never have had a problem when there is a legitimate bona fide move. 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:38 AM, nolebull813 said:

Their starting QB, Ryan Browne, was the QB for Sarasota Riverview the previous season. Top WR #3 (Hayes) was a top player for Riverview in 2020 as well. That's all that comes to mind without looking. 

You have to go back to 2018 to find a Venice team whose QB didn't transfer from another school.

30 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Their starting QB, Ryan Browne, was the QB for Sarasota Riverview the previous season. Top WR #3 (Hayes) was a top player for Riverview in 2020 as well. That's all that comes to mind without looking. 

You have to go back to 2018 to find a Venice team whose QB didn't transfer from another school.

You gotta admit, they have figured out that the QB is the lynchpin for a championship run.