TCJax vs. Chaminade 3A

TCMan

Well, in John Carroll's case- it's a scheduling thing.  My understanding is that the Eastern/Orlando county private schools were going to create a conference; however, it fell through due to the conference in the West Palm Beach/Miami area. The Tampa Bay private schools (CCC/TC/Berkeley Prep/LCS/Mooney/SPC/OTC/IRCS/AFA) only want to play each other in a non-conference setup, thus they're leaving the rest of the state out of the mix until one of them play Chaminade-Madonna in the final 4. In other words, those schedules are all going to be set in stone for the forseeable future.

Because of the Tampa Bay schools resistance to play anyone not in their "Inner Circle" and the formation of the conference in West Palm/Miami, schools like John Carroll and MCC are going to be forced to play up as there aren't many 3A teams within 150 miles of each schools. So, I'm okay with them moving up to 5A, even if it's into lesser competitive districts. I'm curious how Oxbridge handles their schedule- because, quite frankly- nobody is going to willingly play them until the playoffs.

My point was more, if a 3A team applied to move to 5A- on what grounds would that request be denied?    

Well, in John Carroll's case- it's a scheduling thing. My understanding is that the Eastern/Orlando county private schools were going to create a conference; however, it fell through due to the conference in the West Palm Beach/Miami area. The Tampa Bay private schools (CCC/TC/Berkeley Prep/LCS/Mooney/SPC/OTC/IRCS/AFA) only want to play each other in a non-conference setup, thus they're leaving the rest of the state out of the mix until one of them play Chaminade-Madonna in the final 4. In other words, those schedules are all going to be set in stone for the forseeable future.

Because of the Tampa Bay schools resistance to play anyone not in their "Inner Circle" and the formation of the conference in West Palm/Miami, schools like John Carroll and MCC are going to be forced to play up as there aren't many 3A teams within 150 miles of each schools. So, I'm okay with them moving up to 5A, even if it's into lesser competitive districts. I'm curious how Oxbridge handles their schedule- because, quite frankly- nobody is going to willingly play them until the playoffs.

My point was more, if a 3A team applied to move to 5A- on what grounds would that request be denied?

I don't want to see belligerent to your point, but being in the area I don't buy it. Did the MCC and Holy Trinity district break up? John Carroll Would be gaining an extra two games via new district. But instead of driving to palm beach to play other privates they could schedule the likes of okeechobee, Jensen beach, centennial, south fork, Martin county and st Edwards in vero. It just feels like they can use a ln easy compelling argument while in reality want to gain a competitive advantage. The only school in that new district that is a chance of being competitive is Westwood.

I don't want to see belligerent to your point, but being in the area I don't buy it. Did the MCC and Holy Trinity district break up? John Carroll Would be gaining an extra two games via new district. But instead of driving to palm beach to play other privates they could schedule the likes of okeechobee, Jensen beach, centennial, south fork, Martin county and st Edwards in vero. It just feels like they can use a ln easy compelling argument while in reality want to gain a competitive advantage. The only school in that new district that is a chance of being competitive is Westwood.

You think John Caroll can beat Suncoast and Pompano Beach hmmm idk because Suncoast has taken that district both years

Wither John Carroll stays in 3A or 5A, they'll play MCC. That's a historic Catholic school rivalry that goes back to the 70's.  You can add in Holy Trinity- another team that's going to have a rough time scheduling games; however, who else do they play?  In 5A, they still play MCC/Holy Trinity, and now have a few games scheduled for them due to the district.  Now, they're on the hook for 5 games, instead of 8.  Maybe they bite the bullet and schedule American Heritage Delray. But, those public schools you mentioned- I seriously doubt are saying "Hey, let's get John Carroll".

If I'm John Carroll and stay in 3A, I realize not many public schools- good or bad, are going to willingly play me. So, I can try to create a schedule that includes the following: MCC/Holy Trinity/Orlando First Academy/Winter Park Trinity Prep/American Heritage Delray.   After that- I've got nothing unless you drop down to 2A and maybe you can get Champagnat Catholic on the schedule. Even in that case, and everything broke perfectly for them to get all of those teams on the schedule, they're still multiple games short.   

I understand the concept of your argument- John Carroll wants to be in a position to play average to bad public schools that they can get more athletes than- win their region and get obliterated by American Heritage Plantation every year; however, I'm not going to knock a team to move to 5A if they feel it's going to help their program, especially knowing that those schools are going to draw substantially more students. 

Wither John Carroll stays in 3A or 5A, they'll play MCC. That's a historic Catholic school rivalry that goes back to the 70's. You can add in Holy Trinity- another team that's going to have a rough time scheduling games; however, who else do they play? In 5A, they still play MCC/Holy Trinity, and now have a few games scheduled for them due to the district. Now, they're on the hook for 5 games, instead of 8. Maybe they bite the bullet and schedule American Heritage Delray. But, those public schools you mentioned- I seriously doubt are saying "Hey, let's get John Carroll".

If I'm John Carroll and stay in 3A, I realize not many public schools- good or bad, are going to willingly play me. So, I can try to create a schedule that includes the following: MCC/Holy Trinity/Orlando First Academy/Winter Park Trinity Prep/American Heritage Delray. After that- I've got nothing unless you drop down to 2A and maybe you can get Champagnat Catholic on the schedule. Even in that case, and everything broke perfectly for them to get all of those teams on the schedule, they're still multiple games short.

I understand the concept of your argument- John Carroll wants to be in a position to play average to bad public schools that they can get more athletes than- win their region and get obliterated by American Heritage Plantation every year; however, I'm not going to knock a team to move to 5A if they feel it's going to help their program, especially knowing that those schools are going to draw substantially more students.

That is a fair point. Kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

JaxTCA and John Carroll have both moved to the new 5A.  Jacksonville Trinity deserves respect for moving to 5A. I'm aware they moved partly because they couldn't hope to fill a 10 game schedule on their own without becoming a national team, or lengthy road trips but it presents them with a unique challenge to be in a great classification with many good teams. Let's face it, 3A over the past 4 years became "Can CCC/Chaminade or American Heritage recruit enough athletes to compete for more than 2 quarters?"  

Best wishes to JaxTCA and John Carroll Catholic in 5A. Going to be some epic games between JaxTCA/Bolles/Ponte Verda