Teams to watch 2017

DisabledAccount

8 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Springfield Rutherford hasn't been a real player since the days of coach Hardin. Good to see them back.

They have Loren Tillman now as HC, he is a solid coach and has done well in the past at Bozeman and Wewahitchka.  The past few years Rutherford has only had 15-20 players on their team but they have 53 on their roster currently.  I imagine by the end of the year Tillman will have them in contention.

13 minutes ago, Hog hunter said:

Rockledge?? You've got to be kidding they will get smoked once again this year the only way they would ever have a winning team is if cocoa folded up and players went there the only player's they get could never play at cocoa

Actually they got players who started at Cocoa. They have 2 top notch receivers. 2 of the best in the county if you ask me. With one of the best running backs. And they just got another big time transfer from Holy Trinity 

The players who transfered from cocoa knew they wold see little or no playing time with the new players here now and the other two  you say 2 of the best from brevard county but cocoa don't have 2 of the best we have the best so tell me is this the year rockledge beats cocoa?????  Cocoa will crush them like we do every year 

1 minute ago, Hog hunter said:

The players who transfered from cocoa knew they wold see little or no playing time with the new players here now and the other two  you say 2 of the best from brevard county but cocoa don't have 2 of the best we have the best so tell me is this the year rockledge beats cocoa?????  Cocoa will crush them like we do every year 

I'm guessing your a cocoa fan

9 hours ago, Hog hunter said:

I'm not saying that they will bear Cocoa. I'm saying they are well improved from last season. One of the players that transferred from Cocoa was a 2 or 3 year starter. And now Rockledge has a killer backfield.  2 FSU  commits as well. They will most likely win their district.

According to Jashaun Corbin's Hudl page he transferred to Rockledge, coupled with Atoine Green at WR that gives them two FSU commits. Rockledge has a toughie with VIera in week 1 and then they back loaded their schedule with CCC, Palm Bay, Merritt Island and Cocoa.

Overall, I easily see this being a team to watch going into 2017. Good choice.

3 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

According to Jashaun Corbin's Hudl page he transferred to Rockledge, coupled with Atoine Green at WR that gives them two FSU commits. Rockledge has a toughie with VIera in week 1 and then they back loaded their schedule with CCC, Palm Bay, Merritt Island and Cocoa.

Overall, I easily see this being a team to watch going into 2017. Good choice.

Thanks. The Viera game will be big for them. Palm Bay and Merritt Island are the tough district rivals. And the BBQ Bowl will get them ready for the playoff atmosphere 

Tell Tiger Tats to tell Nevada that I said hi... He will know.

Actually Rockledge has had great passing teams in the past. Maybe this could be their year to do well, and I hope they win 5A districts. Palm Bay and Viera are decent teams and if they can beat both then my eyes will be wide open. Cocoa always looks forward to the Bar-B-Que Bowl. If both teams can possibly come in undefeated then it will be a great game. We need Rockledge to stiffen up by a factor of 4 to make it a good game though. They need to be better at special teams to get it deep on kick off and punts. a more aggressive defense that can stop the run, a Stronger O-line to give the QB time, and more conditioning, the players looked gassed last year by the forth quarter. The coaches are Younger but capable. Don't be surprised to see them work harder because they know what it takes to play for the title. Rockledge needs to practice for Cocoa's defense cause it is what makes Cocoa one of the better teams in the Nation. Lots of quick passes out in the flats. Watch Tape from 2015 of the Booker T Washington vs Cocoa game. Them quick outside passes killed Cocoa. Same as the year before. Last year BTW went to the old play book too often and Cocoa was ready for them, and then Cocoa just ran over their defense with an occasional decent sideline pass.

Cocoa will feature Stewart and Hawkins as RB's. It's going to get ugly if they can get it going and add some passing in there. If Cocoa beats Rockledge soundly this year, it will not mean Rockledge can't do well in State, it just means Cocoa is flat out good. Cocoa could probably compete in 6A and do well this coming season.

24 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Tell Tiger Tats to tell Nevada that I said hi... He will know.

Actually Rockledge has had great passing teams in the past. Maybe this could be their year to do well, and I hope they win 5A districts. Palm Bay and Viera are decent teams and if they can beat both then my eyes will be wide open. Cocoa always looks forward to the Bar-B-Que Bowl. If both teams can possibly come in undefeated then it will be a great game. We need Rockledge to stiffen up by a factor of 4 to make it a good game though. They need to be better at special teams to get it deep on kick off and punts. a more aggressive defense that can stop the run, a Stronger O-line to give the QB time, and more conditioning, the players looked gassed last year by the forth quarter. The coaches are Younger but capable. Don't be surprised to see them work harder because they know what it takes to play for the title. Rockledge needs to practice for Cocoa's defense cause it is what makes Cocoa one of the better teams in the Nation. Lots of quick passes out in the flats. Watch Tape from 2015 of the Booker T Washington vs Cocoa game. Them quick outside passes killed Cocoa. Same as the year before. Last year BTW went to the old play book too often and Cocoa was ready for them, and then Cocoa just ran over their defense with an occasional decent sideline pass.

Cocoa will feature Stewart and Hawkins as RB's. It's going to get ugly if they can get it going and add some passing in there. If Cocoa beats Rockledge soundly this year, it will not mean Rockledge can't do well in State, it just means Cocoa is flat out good. Cocoa could probably compete in 6A and do well this coming season.

Rockledge has a new QB. O.C Brothers from Titusville he reminds me of Cocoa's Willie Gaines. Plus they got a good role player from Cocoa in Ian Edwards at WR. And a great LB in Jaleel Henry from Cocoa.  So Rockledge definitely is taking a step up in talent with the receivers and their 2 headed monster at running back. If they O-Line can do good then they will have a helluva season on Offense. Cocoa has another 3 headed monster at running back. With so many screen options and passing options out of the backfield. With the ability to throw it deep.

I remember in the late 90's early 2000 when Rockledge was the team to beat. I would love to see all the Brevard teams gear up a notch and make it to the finals. Would love to see 3 or more championship wins in the same year for Brevard. MCC 3A, Cocoa 4A, Palm Bay/Merritt Island 5A, and Viera 7A could all have a chance if all went right

17 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I remember in the late 90's early 2000 when Rockledge was the team to beat. I would love to see all the Brevard teams gear up a notch and make it to the finals. Would love to see 3 or more championship wins in the same year for Brevard. MCC 3A, Cocoa 4A, Palm Bay/Merritt Island 5A, and Viera 7A could all have a chance if all went right

Yea I remember back when Palm Bay and Rockledge were always in the thick of it either semifinals or finals. And the year they both won state. I honestly think this year may be the year the Brevard breaks out with multiple state final appearances with a good chance of multiple wins. They've done it in soccer most recently. The teams I see having a chance are MCC 3A. Holy Trinity lost their chance this season. Cocoa in 4A. Palm Bay and Rockledge in 5A and Viera in 7A

20 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yea I remember back when Palm Bay and Rockledge were always in the thick of it either semifinals or finals. And the year they both won state. I honestly think this year may be the year the Brevard breaks out with multiple state final appearances with a good chance of multiple wins. They've done it in soccer most recently. The teams I see having a chance are MCC 3A. Holy Trinity lost their chance this season. Cocoa in 4A. Palm Bay and Rockledge in 5A and Viera in 7A

I hope to get that viera rematch this year

8 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

'Cat, I saw those late '90s, early 2000's Rockledge teams. Didn't see alot of offense, but Coach Woods sure had one hell of a defense. 

8 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Four years in a row Tallahassee Lincoln, and Palm Bay alternated as state champions. A couple of those times were in the state's largest classification. Wr Xavier Carter, FB Joe Cohen, and the DB who went to the Gator's and then the pro's ? Name slips my mind ?