Did Dillard impress vs Nationaly ranked STA?

In many eyes all they would see was a 39 -0 blowout ..but 1 thing to notate when it was starters dillard held top 3 nationally ranked Sta to 14 points only 7 points each q.t if u ask me as talented & stacked Sta is & bringing in jason taylor & etc on the coaching staff dillard showed up & played & wasnt afraid & gave Sta all they could handle ...do the offense needs work yes they should have atleast scored but when your back ups are going against 4 & 5* kids who are named backups on the other team its like still going at it vs starters but either way im excited for dillard this year

10 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

In many eyes all they would see was a 39 -0 blowout ..but 1 thing to notate when it was starters dillard held top 3 nationally ranked Sta to 14 points only 7 points each q.t if u ask me as talented & stacked Sta is & bringing in jason taylor & etc on the coaching staff dillard showed up & played & wasnt afraid & gave Sta all they could handle ...do the offense needs work yes they should have atleast scored but when your back ups are going against 4 & 5* kids who are named backups on the other team its like still going at it vs starters but either way im excited for dillard this year

Dillard looked improved, but they are going to need to bring a little more to make any noise in November...Overall, you should be excited for the 2017 season for your Panthers!

Who are  the 4 and 5* backups on STA?

I was barely aware of a few 4* starters and not aware of any 5* starters...

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Who is the 4 and 5* backups on STA?

I don't read too much into stars

That's nothing more than college potential, I've seen 5 stars laid out by players without a single star to their name 

20 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Dillard looked improved, but they are going to need to bring a little more to make any noise in November...Overall, you should be excited for the 2017 season for your Panthers!

Who are  the 4 and 5* backups on STA?

I was jus sayn im not sure lol & i agree & dillard moved the ball against Sta i mean Bombs dwn feel they just couldnt punch it in.

50 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Is Nakia Jenkins still the OC there?

2 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Who are the 4* or 5* back up STA has ?

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard seemed to more than hold its own for a half against a National Power. If this carries over into the season, Dillard should do fine regular season. My concern for the playoffs is that you are in the same region with a bunch of other National Powers. So the season could still end early in the playoffs depending on seeding.

100% agree with all u said.

41 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

& look who the only 1 said no ...smh man take yo azz back da slp bra & go lose to AHD again for the 8 str8 time.

Awe my bad bruh I'm sorry but I keep it 100 I'm not like broward and Columbia. I called it how I see it 39-0 isn't impressive. Taking a shot at GC real funny how about you call your Basketball players to join the football team they need some type of champions on the squad. Lol oh yea beat BTW we'll appreciate it lol #6timeStateChampsRaiders

5 hours ago, muckboy561 said:

Awe my bad bruh I'm sorry but I keep it 100 I'm not like broward and Columbia. I called it how I see it 39-0 isn't impressive. Taking a shot at GC real funny how about you call your Basketball players to join the football team they need some type of champions on the squad. Lol oh yea beat BTW we'll appreciate it lol #6timeStateChampsRaiders

You mean because we looked deeper into a game then just a score and btw some of those scores were on Second team so wasn't like all 39 were on Dillard's starters

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Ain't you the guy that say pre-season games are to be treated seriously?

I personally would play starters entire game but ik not everyone sees value in that so i just pointing out that despite my pleas a lot of teams go in with evaluation first and win second with kickoff classics 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I personally would play starters entire game but ik not everyone sees value in that so i just pointing out that despite my pleas a lot of teams go in with evaluation first and win second with kickoff classics 

So that said, should we probably take the Carol City/IMG game as a form of evaluation as well?  Did both teams mostly play starters and take the game serious?

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

So that said, should we probably take the Carol City/IMG game as a form of evaluation as well?  Did both teams mostly play starters and take the game serious?

That depends

I may see a game from a different perspective than you might

Honestly it varies because not everyone will treat these preseason games same way so to understand the true evaluation of them it requires digging or to be there in person of course lol

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That depends

I may see a game from a different perspective than you might

Honestly it varies because not everyone will treat these preseason games same way so to understand the true evaluation of them it requires digging or to be there in person of course lol

Your unbelievable....

If Carol City had blown out IMG , would that game have then been taken seriously by both teams to you?

You were looking forward to that matchup.   What are your thoughts from that KOC?

7 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Your unbelievable....

If Carol City had blown out IMG , would that game have then been taken seriously by both teams to you?

You were looking forward to that matchup.   What are your thoughts from that KOC?

Welli was kinda dissapointed, i thought that Carol City vs IMG game would be closer than it was

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Welli was kinda dissapointed, i thought that Carol City vs IMG game would be closer than it was

Final score aside.  My point is you can't determine if a game was played serious or not based on the outcome of the game , or more specifically if it appeals to you. It amazes me how arguably two top 10 national teams just played and these boards are not mentioning a peep of the game, like it was a flag football game or something....  Flip the score and the game was a serious matter for FL/National bragging rights.   

Am I right?

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You mean because we looked deeper into a game then just a score and btw some of those scores were on Second team so wasn't like all 39 were on Dillard's starters

That didn't make any sense so what you're saying Dillard can boost his team allowed STA 14 points in the first half. But did you score any points...NOPE!! then the back ups came in of course it's KOC duh. They probably didn't wanna embarrass Dillard or saving for next week. If the score was 39-20, 39-17, etc. Different story but to say that was impressive 39-0 too funny #keepitreal

Looking closer at this game , one positive I did see is Dillard controlled the ball well and had more time of possession.  That said , the bad reflection of that is given the score, Dillard probably ran the ball too much and may have played a bit conservative offensively. Also, STA probably scored off turnovers and sometimes at will on big plays?

How many turnovers did Dillard have and did they have any while deep in STA territory?

8 hours ago, muckboy561 said:

That didn't make any sense so what you're saying Dillard can boost his team allowed STA 14 points in the first half. But did you score any points...NOPE!! then the back ups came in of course it's KOC duh. They probably didn't wanna embarrass Dillard or saving for next week. If the score was 39-20, 39-17, etc. Different story but to say that was impressive 39-0 too funny #keepitreal

39-0 is never  anything to brag Bout but at the same time if your giving a fair evaluation when it was starters vs starters for STA to be ranked top 3 nationally and for dillard not to be even ranked top 25 in south fl by some ...the score was 7-0 after 1 & only 14-0 at the half against 1 of the top teams in the country not against just any old team Dillard went toe to toe with those boys & to me that was very IMPRESSIVE which is what was the original question did dillard impress.

Does that mean the game over all was impressive or even the final score ?? NO but going into this game nobody expected dillard to win not even me but i did want to see how our starters looked vs 1 of the best teams in the world. & 2 only give up 14 points in 2 q.ts thats dam good.