3A Thoughts for the Wekk

SPCjessica2004

13 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I could see them falling in 7a this year 

I had same feeling with Central, BTW and armwood last year 

There a reason sta has never won 4 straight state championships despite being perhaps the most consistently loaded team in Florida for past 2 decades 

All great runs end eventually, this ain't California or some state in the mountains that you can win 100 games in a row or 7 or 8 titles in a row 

Too much talent for extended runs by Florida teams to sustain for a long term run like other teams in weaker states have

Try winning 7 or 8 titles in a row in the 6 team Trinity League alone in California and then come talk to me...

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I could see them falling in 7a this year 

I had same feeling with Central, BTW and armwood last year 

There a reason sta has never won 4 straight state championships despite being perhaps the most consistently loaded team in Florida for past 2 decades 

All great runs end eventually, this ain't California or some state in the mountains that you can win 100 games in a row or 7 or 8 titles in a row 

Too much talent for extended runs by Florida teams to sustain for a long term run like other teams in weaker states have

So your telling me since 1997 STA always had a soup up team? Are you listening to yourself? Lmao...

21 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Interesting you say this- I have a story about it..well..my husband more than myself.

About a year or so ago, Kibid (a coach at CCC) went out to Washington State to visit Butch Goncharoff at Bellevue High School. I believe this was before the scandal hit. Anywho- my understanding is they spoke at length and watched film of Bellevue vs De La Salle, Bellevue vs Long Beach Poly, Bellevue vs Katy (Tx) and Bellevue vs Trinity (Tx) and I believe Kibid asked him had they beat Eastside Catholic in 2014 would they have come to Florida to play Jax TCA in the Burger King promotion and he said it wouldn't have been in the interest of Bellevue to play any team from Florida at anytime, but they would have been open to playing a return game vs Katy or Trinity. 

Interesting to say the least because I believe before that loss they had a 68 or something game win streak with wins over a few national powerhouses and even they wouldn't play Florida schools.

48 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The only team I see that has a tiny chance is Plant. Would like to see Venice get er done but I just don't see that happening.

Plant? 

Unless they drastically better than last year i can't see it, when i saw how close the game with Lee was i knew plant would lose badily 

22 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Interesting you say this- I have a story about it..well..my husband more than myself.

About a year or so ago, Kibid (a coach at CCC) went out to Washington State to visit Butch Goncharoff at Bellevue High School. I believe this was before the scandal hit. Anywho- my understanding is they spoke at length and watched film of Bellevue vs De La Salle, Bellevue vs Long Beach Poly, Bellevue vs Katy (Tx) and Bellevue vs Trinity (Tx) and I believe Kibid asked him had they beat Eastside Catholic in 2014 would they have come to Florida to play Jax TCA in the Burger King promotion and he said it wouldn't have been in the interest of Bellevue to play any team from Florida at anytime, but they would have been open to playing a return game vs Katy or Trinity. 

Interesting to say the least because I believe before that loss they had a 68 or something game win streak with wins over a few national powerhouses and even they wouldn't play Florida schools.

Wow so They felt comfortable playing Texas teams but not Florida 

That is interesting 

36 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

So your telling me since 1997 STA always had a soup up team? Are you listening to yourself? Lmao...

That don't mean they been number 1 every year just that they overall have been best team in that period 

Who else can you say have been better over past 20 years? 

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You telling me you think de La Salle could win 150 straight in Florida? 

No.  I'm telling you there is no team in FL that could wind 150 straight in De La Salle's District alone.  I'm telling you that you are severely underestimating some of those teams and districts...

Teams like Columbia would probably struggle to win 3 games a year some in Cali Districts.....

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe not but question is how did they back then

Has de La Salle lost a step or has Cali gotten way better? 

To reiterate ..There is not teams in FL including STA and IMG that are winning 150 games straight in De La Salle's district or several other districts for that matter.

Cali is a very competitive state.  They at least brave to play at STA unlike Georgia and Texas.

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

To reiterate ..There is not teams in FL including STA and IMG that are winning 150 games straight in De La Salle's district or several other districts for that matter.

So basically we came to a situation where no Florida team could win 150 games in that district and de La Salle couldn't win 150 straight in florida

So how did De La Salle do it? 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So basically we came to a situation where no Florida team could win 150 games in that district and de La Salle couldn't win 150 straight in florida

So how did De La Salle do it? 

I don't know Cali history well enough but perhaps District changes , perhaps rule changes, or just plain cycles of talent. I'm sure if you hop on the National Board the Cali fans would be glad to provide more details...

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wow so They felt comfortable playing Texas teams but not Florida 

That is interesting 

I really wish Kibid still posted on message boards because I feel like I'm screwing up the conversation they had and I don't want to do that and my family isn't really close with him anymore.  My brother said he remembers Kibid saying that he was more interested in Bellevue beating Long Beach Poly in 2005 than ending De La Salle's streak in 2004. He actually has a coaches HD DVD given to him of the De La Salle and Poly games from 04 and 05, which I don't believe are even on youtube.

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You telling me you think de La Salle could win 150 straight in Florida? 

De La Salle is not in the trinity league.. It's like putting STA in class 3a or 2a.. Your gonna win 150 in a row.. Ain't no other team in No Cal...