MaxPreps computer rankings for Week 1

Joshua Wilson

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Armwood at 6 and Fleming Island over Columbia all i need to see to realize maxpreps still got a bit to go, i can't wait to update my top 100 after this week,  i know i can rank better than a computer 

Fortunately, these ranking generally finish a lot better then they start.  

5 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

ARCHBISHOP MCCARTHY.!!!! At 9!!!! In class 6A Top 10 but Dillard don't even make the list are they HIGH.!!! or insane !! Or both !!?!!!

It seems as if the computer is not able to adjust for transfers (both in and out)  or roster changes in many cases.  Once the blowout losses start piling up these teams will drop like rocks.  It's strictly a numbers game for the most part with computers.

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

It seems as if the computer is not able to adjust for transfers (both in and out)  or roster changes in many cases.  Once the blowout losses start piling up these teams will drop like rocks.  It's strictly a numbers game for the most part with computers.

Exactly! Most computer rankings are based on some weighting of the past few year's performance. Some may have a little human intervention to adjust for known new players, transfers out, etc. But most don't. As the games start to play out over the first three to four weeks, they get a lot more accurate since current year results get factored in. 

Since IMG Academy is ranked by the computer despite being classified as an independent, they will be included for the Florida Top 25 computer rankings only.

Here are the MaxPreps computer rankings heading into Week 1.

TOP 25

1. IMG Academy
2. St. Thomas Aquinas
3. American Heritage (Plantation)
4. Miami Northwestern
5. Miami Carol City
6. Armwood
7. Venice
8. Miami Southridge
9. Lake Gibson
10. Cocoa
11. Mainland
12. Miami Central
13. Cardinal Gibbons
14. Booker T. Washington (Miami)
15. Plant
16. Robert E. Lee
17. University (Orange City)
18. Oxbridge Academy
19. Bartram Trail
20. Dr. Phillips
21. Chaminade-Madonna
22. Viera
23. Vanguard
24. Bolles
25. Charlotte

This list is going to change biggly after the first week.

Possible that #1, #2, and #3 lose this weekend.

Didn't Venice lose a lot to graduation? No Lakeland... hummm, wonder how they feel about Lake Gibson taking over the cheese factory?