Power Points Rankings?

gatorman-uf

I am not suggesting that less than 12 hours after the games have ended that the FHSAA or others should be releasing an updated power points rankings, but does anybody know how often they will do it? Is it scheduled for a certain day? I have done it for one region of one classification, so I want to see if I did it right.

31 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I am not suggesting that less than 12 hours after the games have ended that the FHSAA or others should be releasing an updated power points rankings, but does anybody know how often they will do it? Is it scheduled for a certain day? I have done it for one region of one classification, so I want to see if I did it right.

I think they release the first ones after week 5

14 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

It would probably only take a few days to build in an excel sheet to solve it all instantaneously...

Just enter binary W's and L's and score them. All you need to do is enter the weekly results. I'd do it for a few thousand.

You should have sold it with more complex language. That would have given you a shot at getting paid!:D

40 minutes ago, badbird said:

wouldn't it be pointless right now because all wins are worth the same right now because the team they beat has zero wins.  bonus points would be the only difference  

Yeah it is

This stuff don't matter until like week 9

Until then every team focus should just be win every Game so it don't matter 

On 8/26/2017 at 1:23 PM, Pipe Dreams said:

It would probably only take a few days to build in an excel sheet to solve it all instantaneously...

Just enter binary W's and L's and score them. All you need to do is enter the weekly results. I'd do it for a few thousand.

I would do it for a few thousand as well (already did one region in one classification), I wish Frank Beasley would contact me about it. :)

But I just want to make sure what am I doing in my spread sheet is correct. I hope would hope they release the information every week (even if it is going to have wild fluctuations and be of little consequence until later in the season). A new system needs to have as much transparency as possible for the coaches, fans, and the media. The media and fans will be faster to check mistakes than the normal one-man administration team at the FHSAA.  

25 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I would do it for a few thousand as well (already did one region in one classification), I wish Frank Beasley would contact me about it. :)

But I just want to make sure what am I doing in my spread sheet is correct. I hope would hope they release the information every week (even if it is going to have wild fluctuations and be of little consequence until later in the season). A new system needs to have as much transparency as possible for the coaches, fans, and the media. The media and fans will be faster to check mistakes than the normal one-man administration team at the FHSAA.  

Mind telling me which region you already did?