How did Lakeland jump Viera to get #1 seed?

Bamarod

6 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Cool, if true. Still would like an explanation of why they jumped us. We were ahead until two weeks ago during bye week. Guess not beating BYE is a downfall.LOL

George Jenkins and Winter Haven winning last week bumped them up to category 2 and got Lakeland 10 more points added on which is 1.25 points on the average(8 games).  Gonzaga losing lost Viera 5 points which is a .625 drop since Viera only played 8 games. 

26 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A strategic mind is a heck of an advantage when navigating the new system. There you have it. Of course, if Osceola had beaten them, it would not have solved Viera's predicament. 

Would have been one of the better games this year in state. Teams match -up pretty good, again a plus for Viera being a home game for them. 

Just now, Bamarod said:

Would have been one of the better games this year in state. Teams match -up pretty good, again a plus for Viera being a home game for them. 

Regarding the points and final seeding, every game played by every team you have played, not just the current week's game potentially affects your seeding. Not only that, but the same applies to all the teams in your region that have a shot at the playoffs. Assuming we keep this new system, I would recommend that anyone with an interest develop a spreadsheet that tracks not only your own team's fortunes, but all the teams in your region. That is the only way you are going to know from week to week where you stand and it serves as a great check against the authorities as errors are quite possible when you have a system as complex as this. 

48 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Yeah but not the point. Viera would love to host that round. Most of you have hosted a dozen of these type games, Viera hasn't and is new to this experience. Would be great for the community to host. Seems Viera isn't getting a fair shake considering they are willing to play anywhere?

Viera did host round three, two years ago.

47 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

First, if Viera is to win states, they will get the job done regardless. Second, Apopka is not as down as you may think. Third, Martin County, Heritage and Palm Bay are not murder's row. In fact, Kathleen would probably give each all they could handle. Fourth, you earn bonus points when setting your schedule if you scheduled teams that made the playoffs in either of the preceding two years. You may want to look at the effect of scheduling points earned by each team. 

A loss  is always going to hurt you as losing to a category 1 team only earns 30 base points while a win, regardless of category, will get you more, for example, a category 4 win still earns, I believe 35 points. So, yes, in that sense the loss to Cocoa hurt you a bit. Lakeland, being undefeated, has no such anchor. 

The biggest problem I have with the new system is its complexity. Complex systems tend to lack transparency. I am now of the opinion that we could have made much easier fixes to the old system that would have improved things. 

Never said those school's were murder's row. They are all solid teams like Kathleen though and Viera had a running clock at half on them. Viera had a much more difficult schedule ,obvious, but wasn't rewarded for it.

Last thing I want is for schools to be punished by the new system for scheduling a challenging schedule for the improvement of the team. All high school fans throughout country would lose on that one. OOS contests are a great reward for communities involved and would be a shame if they are in some way turned into a negative.

4 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Never said those school's were murder's row. They are all solid teams like Kathleen though and Viera had a running clock at half on them. Viera had a much more difficult schedule ,obvious, but wasn't rewarded for it.

Last thing I want is for schools to be punished by the new system for scheduling a challenging schedule for the improvement of the team. All high school fans throughout country would lose on that one. OOS contests are a great reward for communities involved and would be a shame if they are in some way turned into a negative.

Viera didn't play Kathleen this season.

OOS games count exactly the same as in state games. Your points will be based on their record...and Viera did get the 3 bonus points with Gonzaga.....they just ended as a tier 2 team based in their record. 

55 minutes ago, badbird said:

If you would have rescheduled the Osceola game and beat them you would be #1.  Good luck beating Plant and Lakeland back to back.  If you do you deserve the home game round 4.

This is the second time you expected me to reschedule the game. Dumbbird from hence forth, sorry, I'm just a parent not a coach. If you are an Osceola coach, explain when the make-up was to take place, if not a coach, shut the hell up on the matter. It isn't like Viera is scared of playing Osceola, that is why they scheduled the game to begin with. They like challenging games to get ready for play-offs.

And just like two years ago, we will beat Plant and Lakeland  back to back if we are good enough. Just this time Viera deserves that game to be played at Viera. The community deserves it.

7 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

Viera didn't play Kathleen this season.

OOS games count exactly the same as in state games. Your points will be based on their record...and Viera did get the 3 bonus points with Gonzaga.....they just ended as a tier 2 team based in their record. 

No, but they have a losing record so I know they are down from the last 3-4 years. We played them back to back years; two years ago. Not very well coached, tons of penalties, bad offense, but better athletes then most schools. They have a player at U of F that is the best linebacker I have seen on a football field in years.      

1 minute ago, Bamarod said:

No, but they have a losing record so I know they are down from the last 3-4 years. We played them back to back years; two years ago. Not very well coached, tons of penalties, bad offense, but better athletes then most schools. They have a player at U of F that is the best linebacker I have seen on a football field in years.      

They also have an FSU commit on Defense this season. For Lakeland, this is a rivalry game and is always close....regardless of record. In 2006, Lakeland won a national championship and only beat Kathleen by 3. 

3 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

No community 'deserves' it. The team that deserves it is the team that earns it based on the way it is structured. If the structure changes,  then the next team that earns it based in that structure deserves it. 

Ok then, You are saying the schedule that Lakeland played is better than the one Viera played? You  high?

2 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

That is one, how many has Columbia,or Plant, or Lakeland  hosted? More than one.

Lakeland and Columbia have been around since the early 1900's and Plant is near that long as well. They've all been in the playoffs since the FHSAA started. Of course they have hosted more games than Viera.

1 minute ago, gwdrum75 said:

Lakeland and Columbia have been around since the early 1900's and Plant is near that long as well. They've all been in the playoffs since the FHSAA started. Of course they have hosted more games than Viera.

Yo Columbia, as proud you are  of dragging those stats with every posting, I'm a Merritt Island grad, 3 state championships in the highest classification including back to back titles my soph. and junior years.

So although I am rich in tradition myself, Viera is not. Just saying you guys act like you deserve to host because of your tradition. Columbia for some reason thinks his school sucks and doesn't want to host? Go figure.

15 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Ok then, You are saying the schedule that Lakeland played is better than the one Viera played? You  high?

I don't believe I said that. I said the team that deserves it is the one that earns it based on the structure of the system. I'm not a huge fan of the way it is now...but they aren't going to change it going into the playoffs because someone thinks they 'deserve' it more. 

13 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Yo Columbia, as proud you are  of dragging those stats with every posting, I'm a Merritt Island grad, 3 state championships in the highest classification including back to back titles my soph. and junior years.

So although I am rich in tradition myself, Viera is not. Just saying you guys act like you deserve to host because of your tradition. Columbia for some reason thinks his school sucks and doesn't want to host? Go figure.

oh our school wants to host bc they want the ticket money

I for one could care less about ticket money, I want our best shot at winning which is not at tiger stadium

37 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

This is the second time you expected me to reschedule the game. Dumbbird from hence forth, sorry, I'm just a parent not a coach. If you are an Osceola coach, explain when the make-up was to take place, if not a coach, shut the hell up on the matter. It isn't like Viera is scared of playing Osceola, that is why they scheduled the game to begin with. They like challenging games to get ready for play-offs.

And just like two years ago, we will beat Plant and Lakeland  back to back if we are good enough. Just this time Viera deserves that game to be played at Viera. The community deserves it.

you meaning Viera.  Did anyone say Viera was scared?  I was pointing out if they played it you might not be on here bitching and crying about getting the 2 seed.  Enjoy your trips to Plant and maybe Lakeland.  I might make my way over to that game and then you won't have to be an internet tough guy.