FPC             41.11    41.11

Sem           39.33    39.88

APK             40.4       41.9

Boone         39.1      40.1

LM                38.5     40

SC               37.33  37.88

WO             36.1  38.1

OCU         36.4    38.66

Orange City University would have got in over Spruce Creek.  Also West orange would have passed Spruce Creek but not got in. Spruce Creek went 8-1, OC University went 5-4 and West Orange went 6-4.  West Orange had an argument about getting in but Spruce Creek's only loss was to FPC on an inadvertent whistle that cost them the game.  Tough to leave them out.  They also beat OC university by 15 the next to last game of the year.  They might want to reconsider giving people an extra 5 points for all losses.  This is a really bad idea.

This will reward teams with losses to high quality teams relative to teams with lots of low quality wins. I'm pretty sure this would have gotten West Orange in.

Maybe they should have capped it at Category 2 to skew it further. Totally agree with not doing it for all categories but this was definitely a flaw. The disparity was too high.

1 hour ago, Pipe Dreams said:

This will reward teams with losses to high quality teams relative to teams with lots of low quality wins. I'm pretty sure this would have gotten West Orange in.

Maybe they should have capped it at Category 2 to skew it further. Totally agree with not doing it for all categories but this was definitely a flaw. The disparity was too high.

did you not read my post lol.  West Orange still would be 9 and OC University 5-4 would have been in over Spruce Creek 8-1 and Spruce Creek beat OC University by 15 late in the season.

On 1/4/2018 at 5:06 PM, badbird said:

Orange City University would have got in over Spruce Creek.  Also West orange would have passed Spruce Creek but not got in. Spruce Creek went 8-1, OC University went 5-4 and West Orange went 6-4.  West Orange had an argument about getting in but Spruce Creek's only loss was to FPC on an inadvertent whistle that cost them the game.  Tough to leave them out.  They also beat OC university by 15 the next to last game of the year.  They might want to reconsider giving people an extra 5 points for all losses.  This is a really bad idea.

Spruce Creek's 8 wins were all against Cat 3 and 4 teams
OCU had 2 cat 3 wins, 2 cat 4 wins, and a cat 1 win... their 4 losses were all cat 1 and 2...

Does SC have 8 wins with OCU's same schedule, probably not... If we only gave 5 more points for Cat 1 wins (and no others) than SC still makes it in over OCU and West Orange... My biggest problem with how the FHSAA does things is that they do not actually do the math ahead of time. They just kind of see if it will work. 

8 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Spruce Creek's 8 wins were all against Cat 3 and 4 teams
OCU had 2 cat 3 wins, 2 cat 4 wins, and a cat 1 win... their 4 losses were all cat 1 and 2...

Does SC have 8 wins with OCU's same schedule, probably not... If we only gave 5 more points for Cat 1 wins (and no others) than SC still makes it in over OCU and West Orange... My biggest problem with how the FHSAA does things is that they do not actually do the math ahead of time. They just kind of see if it will work. 

Spruce Creek beat OC University by 15.  they were the better team.  They just make random changes and hope it fixes the situation but then it causes other issues.  Don't worry Columbiafan will say how do they know unless they test it.  Well how many years are we going to have to test different things.  This 5 more points for a loss across the board is a bad bad bad idea.

5A and above do away with districts and just choose the best 8 teams from the Region… This is only fair because it will allow the current larger districts such as Tampa’s 5A Hillsborough county only district to play larger teams… Right now there are like 7 teams in that district so they are at a disadvantage because they can’t play larger teams like the other smaller 5A districts…

36 minutes ago, WhatsUpDoc said:

5A and above do away with districts and just choose the best 8 teams from the Region… This is only fair because it will allow the current larger districts such as Tampa’s 5A Hillsborough county only district to play larger teams… Right now there are like 7 teams in that district so they are at a disadvantage because they can’t play larger teams like the other smaller 5A districts…

The AD's voted against it 

I wrote up a proposal which was made to balance districts and classifications 

In that document you are still showing districts. Why on earth would the ADs vote against just having teams in regional only instead of districts is beyond me because the districts are at a disadvantage. Just keep the current setup, do away with districts all together and keep the current teams in their regions then top 8 are in. Its very simple. They are doing this 4A and down so why not 5A and up? Right now its not working good IMHO and going to just Regional teams and do away with districts is the way to go and makes it completely fair all around.

I am curious how many ADs listen to their head coaches in each county?

Just now, WhatsUpDoc said:

In that document you are still showing districts. Why on earth would the ADs vote against just having teams in regional only instead of districts is beyond me because the districts are at a disadvantage. Just keep the current setup, do away with districts all together and keep the current teams in their regions then top 8 are in. Its very simple. They are doing this 4A and down so why not 5A and up? Right now its not working good IMHO and going to just Regional teams and do away with districts is the way to go and makes it completely fair all around.

I am curious how many ADs listen to their head coaches in each county?

The reason it's only in 1-4a is that 5-8a fought it while the 1-4a wanted it

Only issue I see is that rule changes should go into effect during the cycle when schools reschedule, which is every 2 years.  Currently, many schools are locked into contracts and can't create a new schedule.  I get we are encouraging better competition, but how can a school get better competition this off-season when they are locked into a contract with a school?  Rules can be tweeked, but they should be after the 2018 season when everyone is recreating their schedules.