Venice Indians QB transfer

FloTech

2 hours ago, FloTech said:

Is Lemon Bay High and Venice High even in the same county?  

Seems like a awfully long drive to school back and forth daily...

Why would a successful QB coming from a winning program want to transfer for his Senior year?  

What would have possibly persuaded this?

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Why would a successful QB coming from a winning program want to transfer for his Senior year?  

Lemon Bay is in Charlotte County; Venice is in South Sarasota County. Lemon Bay did have a winning year in 2017, but historically has been a weak program. For the QB, it is a step up in caliber given Venice's success over the years and the state title last year. 

I am sure he was encouraged by others to make the move. Don't know if he moved Counties to do this, or if he is commuting. If commuting it would be akin to a kid from say, Carol City, making the trip to St. Thomas in terms of commute time each day (greater distance, but about the same time, given more traffic in South Florida). 

3 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

As I have said before on this forum, it would be interesting to know if these moves really do pay off in some way.  Might be hard to determine in an objective way. 

I could see a kid who thinks he may not get a scholarship making a move to up his chances.  But if if a kid is already getting attention and/or offers...what are you trying to accomplish?  At the end of the day, how many offers does one need?  If your goal is to get to the NFL, there is no need to play at an Alabama or an Ohio State to get noticed.

In some cases I think we are just becoming obsessed ...the thought that if we do not do everything absolutely possible that somehow we are going to miss out on somehting..it's a form of perfectionism.  Look at how many famous people had a far-from-perfect path to success and things turned out just fine.  The cream always rises to the top.

14 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In some cases I think we are just becoming obsessed ...the thought that if we do not do everything absolutely possible that somehow we are going to miss out on somehting..it's a form of perfectionism. 

As one of my son's college classmates told him, "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying hard enough." It's as sign of the times.

2 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

If memory serves me correct, Lemon Bay has been losing players to Venice for years.  LBHS is on the Charlotte side of of county line, but as I understand it, the kids on the Sarasota side of the line can go to Venice or North Port if they want.  Lemon Bay was 5-4 but that included a forfeit win over Southeast. 

How is Riverview looking this year 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

2019 QB Hayden Wolff transfers from Lemon Bay to Venice (March 12th, 2018)

2019 QB Trevor Hedges transfers from Venice to Lemon Bay (March 15th, 2018)

Yes. You read that correct.

That sound like a dam trade what this is the NFL now

11 minutes ago, FloTech said:

That sound like a dam trade what this is the NFL now

Well the irony of this is there are some outspoken individuals associated to a certain 7A program that always bash a certain 7A Broward power with statements that  involves that Broward power bringing in all-star players that bench hardworking players making progress at the program over 2 or 3 years.  I guess this stuff can even happen at the outspoken individuals program as well.

This is the same program that is outspoken about the same Broward power "recruiting" all-star players with no evidence.  Ironically that same outspoken program was caught recruiting players via twitter last spring.

I'll just leave at that. Just facts.

17 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Well the irony of this is there are some outspoken individuals associated to a certain 7A program that always bash a certain 7A Broward power with statements that  involves that Broward power bringing in all-star players that bench hardworking players making progress at the program over 2 or 3 years.  I guess this stuff can even happen at the outspoken individuals program as well.

This is the same program that is outspoken about the same Broward power "recruiting" all-star players with no evidence.  Ironically that same outspoken program was caught recruiting players via twitter last spring.

Smh

25 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

It's funny..the argument for allowing such open transferring is to protect the "right" of kids to pursue the best opportunity for their advancement.  How about the "rights" of the kid whose future opportunities get ruined by the new transfer player?

I predict that one day the wrong kid is going to get screwed in a deal like this, cry to Uncle Harry the US Congressman who is not a hs football fan, and it is going to blow up big time.  Politicians are already sticking their noses into hs football in a big way in states like Texas and Alabama. 

...or maybe vindictive parents whose son is getting the short end of the stick will go out of their way to dig up(or even create) dirt on the school/coaching staff, then sue the school for knowingly doing illegal stuff that cost their son a football scholarship.  ..stranger things have happened.     

HS football is already in the spotlight for negative reasons, and the best thing we can do is lay low and fly under the radar.  But we all know some will push the limits until the wheels fall off..coaches, kids and parents.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, BrowardHandicapper said:

2019 QB Hayden Wolff transfers from Lemon Bay to Venice (March 12th, 2018)

2019 QB Trevor Hedges transfers from Venice to Lemon Bay (March 15th, 2018)

Yes. You read that correct.

Trevor being an Englewood Pop Warner player in the early years finished up his days at Venice before high school. 

As it is with anything timing is everything. 

Funny as kids now a days start searching for the next school by checking out who is graduating. See an opening and step in. 

7 minutes ago, 941football said:

Trevor being an Englewood Pop Warner player in the early years finished up his days at Venice before high school. 

As it is with anything timing is everything. 

Funny as kids now a days start searching for the next school by checking out who is graduating. See an opening and step in. 

Based on the timing of the move is it safe to say Hedges did not want to fight for his position for Venice which is the school he has played at for 3 years?  

Wolff comes in as a Senior and did Hedges likely assume he would be the starter and made the move to Lemon Bay? 

I saw some film on Hedges and he seems like a very adequate southpaw at the Varsity level.

Hope they both are happy and do well this year.

5 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Based on the timing of the move is it safe to say Hedges did not want to fight for his position for Venice which is the school he has played at for 3 years?  

Wolff comes in as a Senior and did Hedges likely assume he would be the starter and made the move to Lemon Bay? 

I saw some film on Hedges and he seems like a very adequate southpaw at the Varsity level.

Hope they both are happy and do well this year.

Lemon Bay and Venice did good transaction.  Nice trade lol. Hopefully both will be successful in their new systems.

I have known Trevor personally from back in Pop Warner. Good kid. I'm sure with the transfer of another QB he started to question why he should stay. Other factors could have played a part so only he knows.

Kids these days go to where they think the best chance for 2 things can happen. Winning and getting into college. It is that simple. In this area it is better to be in a program the college recruiters actually come to. There are some schools they don't even bother showing up because its a waste of their time. That last sentence was communicated from one recruiter to my son this past year. 

So for Trevor it could be he just wants to play. His chances of doing so "seem" to be better at another school.