44 Columbia vs Gainesville 21 final

DisabledAccount

I know it's several months out but since idk our kickoff classic I'm gonna start a thread on our week 1 game

Thursday night week 1 kickoff for both teams

Columbia biggest rival and the team i take special delight in not only watching us defeat but embarrass 

After all the best moment of my entire time in high school was watching us play them in softball during the playoffs as a senior because it was the first time I had seen us play them in a playoff game so as soon as we beat them I enjoyed knowing that we ended their season and crushed their dreams 

That's a real rivalry, when the idea of watching the other team be crushed meant as much as the win itself

Anyway back on topic, I'm definitely looking forward to another time to face those tropical depressions and watch us beat them,  again

56 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I know it's several months out but since idk our kickoff classic I'm gonna start a thread on our week 1 game

Thursday night week 1 kickoff for both teams

I know a spring game does not count for much, but it seems Gainesville is down based on their performance against West Orange. Given the fact Columbia has some big time college prospects, I would be surprised if they don't win this game.

We're talking about 2 1/2 months from now and seriously discussing a KOC game? So many things could happen in the next 10 weeks or so that could make either or both of these teams look nothing like they currently are. I somehow feel that ColumbiaHighFan is already somewhat worried about the Hurricanes from Gainesville. Better to worry about the Bobcats as they are 7A and may be a lot tougher this season. ;)

30 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

We're talking about 2 1/2 months from now and seriously discussing a KOC game? So many things could happen in the next 10 weeks or so that could make either or both of these teams look nothing like they currently are. I somehow feel that ColumbiaHighFan is already somewhat worried about the Hurricanes from Gainesville. Better to worry about the Bobcats as they are 7A and may be a lot tougher this season. ;)

I've already seen buchholz and know what to expect 

But at end of day Gainesville is the bigger rival because the dislike (at least in my opinion) is heavier than buchholz or even Suwannee 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They are the Purple Hurricanes not a tropical depression. Have some respect for your rival!

I say that because i still remember the headline from Lake City Reporter after we won in 2015

It said something along the lines of "tigers downgrade Gainesville to tropical depressions" :D

Still one of my favorite headlines after a game I've seen 

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

do you think anyone from Gainesville reads this

Here's something I've learned 

There may be a select few that post but a huge number of people read the board

So to answer your question I'm sure some do,  maybe if I say enough they might exit their lurking status and come towards the light and leave their caves

• 4 weeks later...

Gainesville fans won't show up unless they somehow by some lucky miracle escape with a win

Just like Lincoln 

They know they show up with loss after loss on recent resume I'll embarrass them 

They will stay in lurk status until a opportunity comes along to gloat LMAO 

Which means it might be a few years 

...some fascinating history.  Lake City was originally known as the town of "Alligator."  One of the four schools that formed the University of Florida was originally located in Lake City before consolidation to Gainesville in 1905. Shortly afterward, the University of Florida adopted the nickname "Alligators."  So, there is clearly a strong tie between the two locales. 

I heard a rumor that there were some folks who wanted to move to Gainesville back then, but got left behind in Lake City and were terribly bitter about it.  Possibly some of their descendants are still around today.:rolleyes:  

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...some fascinating history.  Lake City was originally known as the town of "Alligator."  One of the four schools that formed the University of Florida was originally located in Lake City before consolidation to Gainesville in 1905. Shortly afterward, the University of Florida adopted the nickname "Alligators."  So, there is clearly a strong tie between the two locales. 

I heard a rumor that there were some folks who wanted to move to Gainesville back then, but got left behind in Lake City and were terribly bitter about it.  Possibly some of their descendants are still around today.:rolleyes:  

The fools running this town pushed UF out bc they wanted it to stay small and felt that a university wasn't necessary which is really stupid because UF is not only one of biggest employers in Gainesville but it brings in a ton of revenue, Lake City is struggling financially and that can be traced back to this decision over 100 years ago 

Gainesville should be kissing our feet everyday for giving them the golden ticket to urban success, they wouldn't be 1/4th their current size if it wasn't for us handing UF over

But the nerve of Gainesville people to claim they country

100k+ people??!!

they ain't bloody country, They will always be big city. their team can't stand up to our physical play for 4 quarters, we are tougher and stronger and faster than they are

They try to match hit for hit with us they will leave the field crawling off on their knees

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The fools running this town pushed UF out bc they wanted it to stay small and felt that a university wasn't necessary which is really stupid because UF is not only one of biggest employers in Gainesville but it brings in a ton of revenue, Lake City is struggling financially and that can be traced back to this decision over 100 years ago 

Gainesville should be kissing our feet everyday for giving them the golden ticket to urban success, they wouldn't be 1/4th their current size if it wasn't for us handing UF over

But the nerve of Gainesville people to claim they country

100k+ people??!!

they ain't bloody country, They will always be big city. their team can't stand up to our physical play for 4 quarters, we are tougher and stronger and faster than they are

They try to match hit for hit with us they will leave the field crawling off on their knees

You are just mad because they got the gator chomp.:lol:  

• 4 weeks later...