6A Largo Has Lots of Talent

OldSchoolLion

Marcus Paschal coming into his 5th season as head coach.

Offense

Jayvion McCluster(Jr) 4-star RB     (Power 5 offers)

Calvin Lockett(Sr) 3-star WR     Iowa commit

Isaiah Bellamy(Sr) 3-star TE     UCF and USF offers  

Raymond Collins 3-star(Sr) OL     (Power 5 offers)

Khaishef Edwards(Jr)      6A 1st team all-state last season

Defense

Solomon Brown 3-star(Sr) CB     Minnesota commit

Logan Doublin 2-star LB     Appalachian St commit

Largo has a lot of talent, but not a lot of coaching from what I'm told and what others feel.  Individually they're as good as any team you can build. They play East Lake in week 2 which will tell us everything we need to know about Largo. Ranking wise they're either #3 or #4 in Pinellas County in the eyes of most Tampa area people I've communicated with.

In addition to the names you listed, they also have a QB who threw 2k yards and 22 TD's for rival Northeast High School transfer in which resulted in an article being written:
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2018/04/27/talent-piles-up-at-largo-at-northeasts-expense/

Here's the Spring game presser from their loss to Pinellas Park:
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2018/05/18/five-takeaways-from-the-pinellas-park-largo-spring-game/

1 hour ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Largo has a lot of talent, but not a lot of coaching from what I'm told and what others feel.  Individually they're as good as any team you can build. They play East Lake in week 2 which will tell us everything we need to know about Largo. Ranking wise they're either #3 or #4 in Pinellas County in the eyes of most Tampa area people I've communicated with.

In addition to the names you listed, they also have a QB who threw 2k yards and 22 TD's for rival Northeast High School transfer in which resulted in an article being written:
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2018/04/27/talent-piles-up-at-largo-at-northeasts-expense/

Here's the Spring game presser from their loss to Pinellas Park:
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2018/05/18/five-takeaways-from-the-pinellas-park-largo-spring-game/

Largo/St Pete NE, Pasco/Zephyrhills, Venice/Braden River...sounds like there is some bad blood in those parts

OldschoolLion,

Years ago I used to drive my family from the South Orlando area to the American Heritage Delray/Oxbridge games. We would load the SUV and make a day trip out of it. It would be me, my husband, brother, father and brother-in-law.  This very topic came up. We ultimately determined it's because the teams in the Tampa area protect their territory.

When we went down to Palm Beach nobody seemed to care  about transfers or if they did care they didn't let on they cared. Teams in Tampa take it personally when kids transfer out of a program and are quick to point fingers in the media/social media. I actually think it has lightened up a bit but you still have these situations that crop up where one team builds a stacks team and gets a ton of media exposure, but those teams seem to sizzle out around week 6 and the traditional powers (aka the teams people are tired of reading about) take over and have their typical 3rd-4th round playoff runs.

Largo has done a great job of accumulating talent, but the jury is still out if it will amount to anything more than a message board post in mid July.

17 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Marcus Paschal coming into his 5th season as head coach.

Offense

Jayvion McCluster(Jr) 4-star RB     (Power 5 offers)

Calvin Lockett(Sr) 3-star WR     Iowa commit

Isaiah Bellamy(Sr) 3-star TE     UCF and USF offers  

Raymond Collins 3-star(Sr) OL     (Power 5 offers)

Khaishef Edwards(Jr)      6A 1st team all-state last season

Defense

Jaquaze Sorrells(Sr) 4-star DT     (Power 5 offers)

Solomon Brown 3-star(Sr) CB     Minnesota commit

Logan Doublin 2-star LB     Appalachian St commit

Cross out Sorrells he is transferring to IMG... This Largo team will lose 2 games though watch. 

On 7/13/2018 at 11:54 AM, peezy28 said:

Oh Largo could have gotten in that?  Darn sucks.

Yeah this is what happened. 2 teams from Colorado needed 2 opponents for the same week. These 2 teams are good in Colorado. I'm not sure how good they are nationally. 

Anywho East Lake and Largo play each other that week. The coaches both agreed to split and go play the Colorado schools. The coach for East Lake practically begged them to play. No dice. 

So instead they chose East Bay and Newsome. Well they couldn't play on the demanded Thursday night so the Colorado teams ended taking Orlando University who is one of the worst teams in the state and Evans High who won 4 games last year. 

So Largo and East Lake couldn't go because these punk ass Colorado teams want guarantee wins 

On 7/14/2018 at 5:40 PM, nolebull813 said:

Yeah this is what happened. 2 teams from Colorado needed 2 opponents for the same week. These 2 teams are good in Colorado. I'm not sure how good they are nationally. 

Anywho East Lake and Largo play each other that week. The coaches both agreed to split and go play the Colorado schools. The coach for East Lake practically begged them to play. No dice. 

So instead they chose East Bay and Newsome. Well they couldn't play on the demanded Thursday night so the Colorado teams ended taking Orlando University who is one of the worst teams in the state and Evans High who won 4 games last year. 

So Largo and East Lake couldn't go because these punk ass Colorado teams want guarantee wins 

Wow... what horseshit.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, Pipe Dreams said:

You should attend the Colorado games and troll the coaches from the stands... maybe even make a Disney trip out of it.

LOL would be funny but I have no time for such actions... If they were actually playing teams from my area I would consider it.

Lakewood California had a few teams lined up and they picked 0-10 Port Orange Atlantic who lost every game by 35 points or more. 

Good thing the new coach came in and said no thanks and canceled the game

Then they picked Oxbridge after they lost all their guys to transfer. Then you know what happened. Lol. 

Last I heard they are playing Windermere Prep. 

This team is ass. Lol 

13 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Also Miami Columbus wanted to come play the Colorado defending State Champion Pomona High. 

Pomona High said no thanks and chose to play 4-6 Oak Ridge. 

These Colorado teams are the biggest group of pu$$ies ever!!!

Have mentioned elsewhere...I think it is clear that their objective is to have a fun experience at Disney, and oh, by the way, we will play a little football while we are there.  No different than scheduling a cupcake for homecoming.

Imagine the cost if a Colorado player's entirely family is coming there.  As a father, when you are spending thousands of dollars on your family, you want to get mileage out of your investment and come home from vacation and see a smile on on everyone's face...not bitching about how junior's team got the snot beat out of them. 

It's not your money guys.  

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Have mentioned elsewhere...I think it is clear that their objective is to have a fun experience at Disney, and oh, by the way, we will play a little football while we are there.  No different than scheduling a cupcake for homecoming.

Imagine the cost if a Colorado player's entirely family is coming there.  As a father, when you are spending thousands of dollars on your family, you want to get mileage out of your investment and come home from vacation and see a smile on on everyone's face...not bitching about how junior's team got the snot beat out of them. 

It's not your money guys.  

Agree! If your not obsessed with a national ranking, what difference does it make?

11 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Agree! If your not obsessed with a national ranking, what difference does it make?

There's an old southern saying..."If momma ain't happy, no one's gonna be happy."  If seeing her little man just beat that big bad FL team:rolleyes: makes momma happy...I'm all for it as a husband!  

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

There's an old southern saying..."If momma ain't happy, no one's gonna be happy."  If seeing her little man just beat that big bad FL team:rolleyes: makes momma happy...I'm all for it as a husband!  

Braden River beat one of top teams from Colorado last year.  I suppose the others out there took note of that. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Yeah and they can do that but if those fools think their state compares to FL they are out of their mind

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah and they can do that but if those fools think their state compares to FL they are out of their mind

Who from Colorado has been saying they compare to Florida?  Or do we just assume "they" do?

I bet there are many family members from those teams who are much more excited about seeing Mickey than comparing football prowess.

21 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Colorado knows that no team is at the level of any of our top publics or privates so why send a team to be embarrassed 

The same question has probably been asked of many underdogs over the years who shocked the world with upsets, ie Centennial beating STA. 

25 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Who from Colorado has been saying they compare to Florida?  Or do we just assume "they" do?

I bet there are many family members from those teams who are much more excited about seeing Mickey than comparing football prowess.

@nolebull813 can explain it further 

He talked about it a while back but i forgot which board

It had to do with a oos team (I think from TX) acting like badass after beating a 600th ranked team in FL alone when they were among top 50 teams in TX