2018 Columbia Football

DisabledAccount

6 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

You are so busy dissecting my message you completely missed the message.  But I am sure you will next try to demonstrate to me how you better understood the intent of my message than even I did.:)  I have no more energy to explain, so let's move on please. 

Good luck with married life, my friend.  As married men on the board will attest to, the opposite gender has a unique way of communicating that can cause us dumb males much grief, until we eventually figure it out.  Listen for the message, and not just the words.    

I would say confused more so than grief but yeah i get that 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I would say confused more so than grief but yeah i get that 

When you get married and are compelled to constantly get the last word in, trust me, you will be more than just confused.  Some of us have personal experience with frying pans and sleepless nights on the couch..not to mention temporary suspension of certain fringe benefits associated with married life.  I am now perfectly trained, though, and do not have such issues.         

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

When you get married and are compelled to constantly get the last word in, trust me, you will be more than just confused.  Some of us have personal experience with frying pans and sleepless nights on the couch.  I am now perfectly trained, though, and do not have such issues.         

Oh yay

I get to look forward to being smashed in head with a kitchen pot 

Life keeps getting better :D

Just now, Just A Coach said:

You might be LOS...Now that would be funny

I can point out several differences 

1) Los never gives any detail in his argument, only pointless stats that provide no detail

2) Los never gives any praise to any team not named STA, if you read my posts on a regular basis I usually talk a lot of teams up

Also if i was Los wouldn't i pick a team that i could easily make look good? I have to constantly stick up for columbia 

Why would i pick a team that requires a lot of effort to build up lol 

20 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

Columbia can you please stop responding to posts the same way LOS does. It's kinda is starting to look like your a morph...LOL

In defense of CHS fan.... he ain't no morph (his morph is on FlaVarsity "where he never will post again").

But yes, could you wait a few minutes to respond and respond to several at one instead of padding your stats by adding one frivolous line or comment. 

12 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

In defense of CHS fan.... he ain't no morph (his morph is on FlaVarsity "where he never will post again").

But yes, could you wait a few minutes to respond and respond to several at one instead of padding your stats by adding one frivolous line or comment. 

If it makes you feel better i probably am done posting over there since it's so dead and i forgot my login

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 2:10 PM, Just A Coach said:

Columbia can you please stop responding to posts the same way LOS does. It's kinda is starting to look like your a morph...LOL

He is suffering from long term board derangement syndrome, a new, debilitating malady. I pray he recovers as it would be a shame to lose such a passionate, promising youngster!

http://www.lakecityreporter.com/sports/commentary-no-more-snubbing-tigers-deserve-be-ranked-among-states-best

Sorry, but I don't see how Columbia has been snubbed over the years...some examples below.  If anything, I think the pollsters have been incredibly patient and generous, despite the program consistently missing expectations.   For as long as I can remember, Columbia has been recognized in the polls, even when their prior performance likely did not justify it.

-In 1993, Columbia was ranked in Class 5A despite not making the playoffs in 1991 or 1992.  They ended up losing at home in the first round of the playoffs to a team that did not even get any votes in the state poll at the end of the season. 

-At an earlier date, I shared an all-classification poll from 2003 in which an 8-1 Columbia was ranked #7 all classes ahead of a number of undefeated powerhouses...this despite not having won a regional title in 5 years.   They were routed in the playoffs by a team that was not ranked in the top 25.

-In 2005, Columbia finished 5-5 and did not make the playoffs.  They were easily defeated by Ridgeview and Nease in district games.  Despite this, they received the ranking below the following year.  They were knocked out of the playoffs the first round.  

2006 CLASS 4A Poll

1. Seffner Armwood (1-0) (12) 129- knocked out 3rd round by Plant
2. Palm Beach Gardens Dwyer (1-0) 114 –knocked out 2nd round by Washington
3T. Miami Washington (1-0) 88 
- lost in state semi to Plant 20-15
3T. Ponte Vedra Beach Nease (1-0) (1) 88 - lost to Plant in state final; state champion in 05
5. Tallahassee Lincoln (1-0) 87- lost to Nease in state semi
6. Miami Edison (1-0) 57 – did not make the playoffs
7. Bradenton Southeast (1-0) 45 – knocked out 1st round by Jefferson
8. Lake City Columbia (1-0) 40 
2 - knocked out 1st round by Eastside 

9. Pace (1-0) 32- knocked out 3rd round by Lincoln 31-30
10. West Boca Raton (1-0) 9 - knocked out 2nd round by Miami Jackson

-In 2013, White easily defeated Columbia in a district game and won the district title.  Columbia was defeated in the second round of the playoffs by Bartram Trail.  In 10 years, Columbia had only made it past the first round of the playoffs once.  Despite this, they received the following preseason ranking in 2014.  They lost in the first round to St Augustine.   

2014 Class 6A Poll

1. Miami Central (12)   0-0          155    1
2. Armwood (3)   0-0          144    2
3. Mainland (1)   0-0          130    5
4. Naples   0-0          93      RV
5. Ed White   0-0          78      9
6. Miami Carol City   0-0          58      10
7. Columbia   0-0          45      6
8. Boynton Beach   0-0          38      NR
9. Heritage   0-0          20      3
10. Pace   0-0          19      NR
(tie) Springstead 0-0 19 NR

2012 preseason poll and Columbia's 2008-2011 regular season records below.  Columbia had 2 playoff wins between 2005-2010.  Columbia is ranked ahead of Northwestern(19 playoff wins between 2005-2010) and St Augustine(18 playoff wins between 2005-2010).  Ridgeview, who beat Columbia 3 out of 4 previous seasons, does not even get a vote in the poll.  

I am not trying to disparage Columbia's program.  Am simply pointing out the "victim" mentality  of the reporter claiming that Columbia has been snubbed in the polls...quite the opposite.  On a broader note, it raises questions about the criteria used to formulate these polls. 

http://www.lakecityreporter.com/sports/commentary-no-more-snubbing-tigers-deserve-be-ranked-among-states-best

2008 4-6 lost to Ridgeview and Nease in districts-missed playoffs

2009 7-2-1 lost to Lincoln in 2nd round of playoffs

2010 7-3 lost to Ridgeview and White in districts-missed playoffs

2011 7-3 lost to Ridgeview in districts-lost to Bartram Trail in 2nd round of playoffs 

2012 Preseason Class 6A Poll

1. Miami Central (8) 114

2. Armwood (4) 107

T3. Gainesville 78

T3. Mainland 78

5. Columbia 41

6. Winter Haven 37

7. Miami Northwestern 31

8. Belen Jesuit 28

9. St. Augustine 25

10. Bartram Trail 22

9 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

2012 preseason poll and Columbia's 2008-2011 regular season records below.  Columbia had 2 playoff wins between 2005-2010.  Columbia is ranked ahead of Northwestern(19 playoff wins between 2005-2010) and St Augustine(18 playoff wins between 2005-2010).  Ridgeview, who beat Columbia 3 out of 4 previous seasons, does not even get a vote in the poll.  

I am not trying to disparage Columbia's program.  Am simply pointing out the "victim" mentality  of the reporter claiming that Columbia has been snubbed in the polls...quite the opposite.  On a broader note, it raises questions about the criteria used to formulate these polls. 

2008 4-6 lost to Ridgeview and Nease in districts-missed playoffs

2009 7-2-1 lost to Lincoln in 2nd round of playoffs

2010 7-3 lost to Ridgeview and White in districts-missed playoffs

2011 7-3 lost to Ridgeview in districts-lost to Bartram Trail in 2nd round of playoffs 

2012 Preseason Class 6A Poll

1. Miami Central (8) 114

2. Armwood (4) 107

T3. Gainesville 78

T3. Mainland 78

5. Columbia 41

6. Winter Haven 37

7. Miami Northwestern 31

8. Belen Jesuit 28

9. St. Augustine 25

10. Bartram Trail 22

2012 we defeated St Augustine, Ridgeview and Bartram Trail and we were closest team to defeating Gainesville that entire year prior to Gainesville getting their teeth kicked in by Miami Central 

2012 team deserved that ranking