Who Are These North FL Coaches?

OldSchoolLion

Current head coaches at the following north Florida high schools have all spent at least 12 seasons or more as head coach there.  What are their names? 

Trinity Christian-Verlon Dorminey     7 state titles

First Coast-Marty Lee     11 playoff victories; 1 final appearance

Fort White-Demetric Jackson     4 playoff victories

Keystone Heights-Chuck Dickinson     4 playoff appearances

Lafayette-Joey Pearson     7 playoff victories

Bartram Trail-Darrell Sutherland     20 playoff victories; 1 final appearance

Niceville-John Hicks     21 playoff victories; 2 final appearances

Florida High-Jarrod Hickman     11 playoff victories

Wakulla-Scott Klees     11 playoff victories; 2 final appearances

Sandalwood-Adam Geis     5 palyoff victories

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Current head coaches at the following north Florida high schools have all spent at least 12 seasons or more as head coach there.  What are their names? 

Trinity Christian-Verlon Dorminey

First Coast-Marty Lee

Keystone Heights

Lafayette-Joey Pearson

Bartram Trail-Darrell Sutherland 

Niceville-John Hicks

Florida High

Wakulla

J.D. Jones -wakulla

Jarrod Hickman- Florida High

Chuck Dickinson- Keystone Heights

Fort White Coach Demetric Jackson has been there for 13 seasons.  And he is the mayor, too!  During his tenure, his teams have won 4 playoff games.

Guess there was nobody on the board from Columbia County to point out the omission on my part.:rolleyes:  Or maybe certain parties are not aware there is actually more than one high school there. :)

16 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Fort White Coach Demetric Jackson has been there for 13 seasons.  And he is the mayor, too!  During his tenure, his teams have won 4 playoff games.

Guess there was nobody on the board from Columbia County to point out the omission on my part.:rolleyes:  Or maybe certain parties are not aware there is actually more than one high school there. :)

We actually have someone from Fort White on here

Therefore not my responsibility lol

@FORTWHITEFAN76

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We actually have someone from Fort White on here

Therefore not my responsibility lol

@FORTWHITEFAN76

I know, but I would think there we would be a such sense of pride in Columbia County that any resident would be quick to point out notable accomplishments.:)  Must be difficult to keep track of coaches there since there are so many schools in Columbia County?:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I know, but I would think there we would be a such sense of pride in Columbia County that any resident would be quick to point out notable accomplishments.:)  Must be difficult to keep track of coaches there since there are so many schools in Columbia County?:rolleyes:

I could if i wanted to lol

I just don't focus on Fort White unless their players are on Twitter saying they better than us

Then i remind them what happened the last time we played them and the real reason the series was dropped 

Had something to do with 45-7 win for the tigers :D

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I just don't focus on Fort White unless their players are on Twitter saying they better than us

Then i remind them what happened the last time we played them and the real reason the series was dropped 

Nobody from Gainesville is on here talking trash, so why do you pay so much attention to them?  No need to respond, I know the answer  ...gator envy.:P  

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Nobody from Gainesville is on here talking trash, so why do you pay so much attention to them?  No need to respond, I know the answer  ...gator envy.:P  

They trash talk on Twitter 

But i wish someone from Gainesville would come on here,  i would school them like our team keeps schooling them on the gridiron :D

58 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How far back are you going to get a regular season win over Fort White? 2004? A school that was maybe 3-4 years old at the time.... 

Don't get me wrong, you have no business playing them in football because of the absolute size difference 1950+ vs 600+ , but crowing in that situation seems silly.

16 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

How far back are you going to get a regular season win over Fort White? 2004? A school that was maybe 3-4 years old at the time.... 

Don't get me wrong, you have no business playing them in football because of the absolute size difference 1950+ vs 600+ , but crowing in that situation seems silly.

We only played them twice in regular season but we did play them in preseason and spring games for a few years afterwards 

Last matchup we played was 2014 spring game which we played at Memorial Stadium when Tiger Stadium was under field construction 

Columbia defeated Fort White 45-7 and afterwards Columbia began to see them as not being competitive enough for us to play and began playing better teams in Spring 

After a rushed to schedule game with duval charter in 2015 we have followed up by playing sandalwood 3 years ago and bartram trail past 2 years

Believe me i agree,  it be one thing if Fort White was a small school powerhouse like madison County but they are just a good small school, not a elite one.  However Fort White players on Twitter have a big mouth and continue to say they would beat us and we dodging them which is silly because the main reason we stopped playing them was we didn't feel that playing them was doing us any good 

19 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Columbia beat Fort White 23-13 in 2010.  It was such complete destruction:rolleyes: that merciful Columbia could not bare to subject little Fort White to such utter humiliation ever again.   By the way, ColumbiaFan has started martial arts and is teaching those little kids a lesson...hey, a championship is a championship, right.:)

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Columbia beat Fort White 23-13 in 2010.  It was such complete destruction:rolleyes: that merciful Columbia could not bare to subject little Fort White to such utter humiliation ever again.   By the way, ColumbiaFan has started martial arts and is teaching those little kids a lesson...hey, a championship is a championship, right.:)

Last time we played was 2014 not 2010

2014 was 45-7 Columbia win

That is a beatdown

3 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Sadly, 2010 was a pre-season game for FWHS, but don't let CHS Fan fool you. Columbia definitely took the game serious after losing the previous year to FW at home (again, pre-season).

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028308/01026/9j

...selective memory.  ...or I guess spring games "count" unless it is absolutely convenient not to.:)

Funny that you want to focus on 2010 game considering it was one of only 3 teams since 1993 for Columbia to miss the playoffs 

In fact 2 of the 3 teams to miss the playoffs at Columbia were under the same coach in a 3 year span

For comparison 

Since 1993

Skip Wolf (93-94) playoffs both years 

Danny Green (1995-2003, 2005-2007) made playoffs every year except 05

Craig Howard (2008-2010) missed playoffs in 08 and 10

Brian Allen (2011-present) made playoffs every year 

12 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Sadly, 2010 was a pre-season game for FWHS, but don't let CHS Fan fool you. Columbia definitely took the game serious after losing the previous year to FW at home (again, pre-season).

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028308/01026/9j

Why am I not surprised 

Fort White lone win came under the same coach who came in and led team to first losing season since 1987 right off the bat and would only make playoffs once in 3 years 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Funny that you want to focus on 2010 game considering it was one of only 3 teams since 1993 for Columbia to miss the playoffs 

In fact 2 of the 3 teams to miss the playoffs at Columbia were under the same coach in a 3 year span

For comparison 

Since 1993

Skip Wolf (93-94) playoffs both years 

Danny Green (1995-2003, 2005-2007) made playoffs every year except 05

Craig Howard (2008-2010) missed playoffs in 08 and 10

Brian Allen (2011-present) made playoffs every year 

But in 2010 Columbia was good enough to beat that Louisiana Juggernaut South Lafource:rolleyes:  You mean Columbia really wasn't that good that year.:)