Bowl eligible teams (Need Josh's help)

nolebull813

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I am okay with the runner up getting recognition. I have a problem with numbers 3, 4 & 5 getting the same. 

People may not realize this but the NCAA don't give a damn about any of the teams

The reason the bowl numbers keep increasing is because the more games the more money they make

And honestly i don't mind seeing a few borderline teams having a bowl game, even at college level some of those bowl games between 2 teams of 6-6 record end up being far more competitive than some of the major bowl games because they are happy and honored to have 1 more game

Some people think it waters down the game but if 2 teams are willing to and play their heart out then what's the harm

It's what sports is about,  enjoying the time together as a team and working towards a common goal

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

People may not realize this but the NCAA don't give a damn about any of the teams

The reason the bowl numbers keep increasing is because the more games the more money they make

And honestly i don't mind seeing a few borderline teams having a bowl game, even at college level some of those bowl games between 2 teams of 6-6 record end up being far more competitive than some of the major bowl games because they are happy and honored to have 1 more game

My take is, if we cut the number of College Bowl games in half, I would be okay with that. I don't have a problem with some of the teams on the bubble getting a bowl. But I don't think a .500 team should get one. 

15 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Thought I would bump this thread up. Seeing 8-2 teams missing the playoffs while some others got in,  bowl games could be more interesting  than some playoff games.

These would be ideal in terms of proximity.

Springstead(6A) 7-3 vs River Ridge(5A) 7-3  

George Jenkins(8A) 7-3 vs Chamberlain(6A) 8-2

Liberty(8A) 8-2 vs Seminole(8A) 8-2   

Bartram Trail(7A) 7-3 vs New Smyrna Beach(6A) 7-3

7 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

These would be ideal in terms of proximity.

Springstead(6A) 7-3 vs River Ridge(5A) 7-3  

George Jenkins(8A) 7-3 vs Chamberlain(6A) 8-2

Liberty(8A) 8-2 vs Seminole(8A) 8-2   

Bartram Trail(7A) 7-3 vs New Smyrna Beach(6A) 7-3

I would rather see Bartram vs Seminole.  Maybe Oak Ridge 6-4 vs Liberty 8-2

Someone set this up as a weekend event of Bowl games.  Winner gets Gadsden T-shirts that says we could be next.

8A South Plantation 0-10 vs Varela 0-10

7A Bartow 0-10 vs lakewood Ranch 0-10

6A Lake Region 0-10 vs Pine Ridge 0-10

5A Dunedin 0-10 vs Brooksville Central 0-10

4A Umatilla 0-10 vs North bay haven 0-7

3A St John Paul 0-9 vs newberry 1-9

2A Warner Christian 0-8 vs Marco island 0-7

1A Bronson 0-10 vs Hamilton 1-8