Average Points Allowed Per Game - Top 50 Teams

OldSchoolLion

This is to give us a flavor for the type of defensive performance each team is having this season.  Sure, some teams have had easier schedules than others, so it must be taken with a grain of salt.  Many of the state champions I've seen over the years seem to average 14 points or less allowed per game.     

FYI-I used the Maxpreps Top 50 for convenience.  The thread isn't so much to debate rankings, but more to give us a feel for the range of points amongst some of our better teams in Florida..

Lakeland 5

Bloomingdale 6

Winter Park 6

Atlantic 7

St Thomas Aquinas 7

University School 7

Carol City 8

Dwyer 8

IMG 8

Palm Beach Central 8

Jones 9

Naples 9

Pinellas Park 9

Riverdale 9

Wekiva 9

Deerfield Beach 10

South Dade 10

Columbus 11

Osceola 11

Plant 11

Trinity Christian 11

Vanguard 11

Madison County 12

Armwood 13

Chaminade-Madonna 13

Clearwater Central Catholic 13

Venice 13

Vero Beach 13

American Heritage/Plantation 14

Plant City 14

Rockledge 14

Miami Central 15

Miami Palmetto 15

Lincoln 16

Raines 16

Cardinal Gibbons 17

Godby 17

Lee 17

Southridge 17

Navarre 18

Columbia 19

Deland 19

Apopka 20

Braden River 20

Northwestern 21

Buchholz 24

Cocoa 24

Mandarin 25

Booker T Washington 26

8 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

This is to give us a flavor for the type of defensive performance each team is having this season.  Sure, some teams have had easier schedules than others, so it must be taken with a grain of salt.  Many of the state champions I've seen over the years seem to average 14 points or less allowed per game.     

Lakeland 5

Bloomingdale 6

Winter Park 6

Atlantic 7

St Thomas Aquinas 7

University School 7

Carol City 8

Dwyer 8

IMG 8

Palm Beach Central 8

Jones 9

Naples 9

Pinellas Park 9

Riverdale 9

Wekiva 9

Deerfield Beach 10

South Dade 10

Columbus 11

Osceola 11

Plant 11

Trinity Christian 11

Vanguard 11

Madison County 12

Armwood 13

Chaminade-Madonna 13

Clearwater Central Catholic 13

Venice 13

Vero Beach 13

American Heritage/Plantation 14

Plant City 14

Rockledge 14

Miami Central 15

Miami Palmetto 15

Lincoln 16

Raines 16

Cardinal Gibbons 17

Godby 17

Lee 17

Southridge 17

Navarre 18

Columbia 19

Deland 19

Apopka 20

Braden River 20

Northwestern 21

Buchholz 24

Cocoa 24

Mandarin 25

Booker T Washington 26

Not being funny but do u not believe Dillard is top 50?? And if not where would u rank them just curious ?

and ps on avg were giving up around 6 points a game 

in all of our wins 

14-12

50-15

20-6

36-6

44-0

46-3

41-0

26 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not being funny but do u not believe Dillard is top 50?? And if not where would u rank them just curious ?

in all of our wins 

14-12

50-15

20-6

36-6

44-0

46-3

41-0

I used Maxpreps Top 50 out of convenience.  There are teams amongst those above that Dillard could probably beat on a given night.  There may be some teams not on the list that could beat Dillard on a given night because of the way their particular team matches up against the Panthers.  I bet there are at least 50 "good" teams that could beat each other on any given night and who we could debate are the #26-50 teams in the state.

We don't have Top 50 polls in college, and I think high school is much tougher than the NCAA to do rankings since there are a lot more teams to consider.  So, to say a certain team in FL is the #48 team in the state is pretty random.  Who cares what I think anyway?  Even if I said they were #37 or #63, it really wouldn't mean much.  Be happy with your team for the progress they have made and don't worry what others think in the rankings.  That's my advice. :)  

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I used Maxpreps Top 50 out of convenience.  There are teams amongst those above that Dillard could probably beat on a given night.  There may be some teams not on the list that could beat Dillard on a given night because of the way their particular team matches up against the Panthers.  I bet there are at least 50 "good" teams that could beat each other on any given night and who we could debate are the #26-50 teams in the state.

We don't have Top 50 polls in college, and I think high school is much tougher than the NCAA to do rankings since there are a lot more teams to consider.  So, to say a certain team in FL is the #48 team in the state is pretty random.  Who cares what I think anyway?  Even if I said they were #37 or #63, it really wouldn't mean much.  Be happy with your team for the progress they have made and don't worry what others think in the rankings.  That's my advice. :)  

I’m not worried about others rankings it was just a question since the thread u made was about rankings but iite thanks 

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

in all of our wins 

14-12

50-15

20-6

36-6

44-0

46-3

41-0

6 points in there wins?  lol you have to count the losses.  A lot of teams don't give up many points in there wins.  You have only played 3 teams ranked in the top 200 and are giving up 28 points per game to those 3 teams.  

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

6 points in there wins?  lol you have to count the losses.  A lot of teams don't give up many points in there wins.  You have only played 3 teams ranked in the top 200 and are giving up 28 points per game to those 3 teams.  

Where we only gave up 28 or more twice Western was held to 12 

And again u talking bout fuckin ranked teams are u blind I could have sworn I made it perfectly dam clear that our wins wasnt against the elite but here u are bringing up shit that the world already fucking know.

so now what only wins vs elite teams matter!? If that’s the fuck everything that has been done by every team that has doesn’t have any wins vs elite teams and only put those in the playoffs that do!

like got dam y’all mahfuckas on here kill me bra 

Sick of this shit bruh but if this was any other team like Mc Or Cc or etc it would be simply because their dominant but because we are doing what we suppose to do vs the teams we faced the only thing could b mentioned about the games we lost which was 2 and 1 of those games was close until mid 3rd Qt so do me a favor SHUT THE FUCK UP if u ain’t got ntn nice to say and this go towards whoever got a mf problem @ColumbiaHighFan2017class I’m tagging u to show this shit ain’t a fuckin secret for what I’m saying I’m sick of the double standard bullshit on here and they know who tf I’m talking to 

lol someone has anger issues.  I've never talked shit about Dillard I was just pointing out the 6 points a game is vs really average at best competition.  Still a good accomplishment and 28 aint horrible against Western, Cardinal Gibbons and BTW but it isn't 6. Glad you know it, I didn't know it until I looked it up.   

My whole point of that was not to bash Dillard but to say they have only given up 6 points in wins can be a misleading statement.  Westland Hialeah has given up zero points in there wins and they are one of the worst teams in the state.  I bet I can find many bad teams that haven't given up many points in there wins.  I'm not saying Dillard is bad or doesn't have a good defense.