What did system get right?

gatorman-uf

6 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

While I am one of the loudest critics of this system, last year's state championships were at least interesting.

Did the new system get anything right?

the new system had nothing to do with the state championships in my opinion.  If anything the Regional Finals is where you should see a difference.  

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

the new system had nothing to do with the state championships in my opinion.  If anything the Regional Finals is where you should see a difference.  

As mentioned in another thread, Carol City and Western were the only ones of 21 teams that made the playoffs under the tenets of the new system last year that actually made it to a regional final.

40 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

While I am one of the loudest critics of this system, last year's state championships were at least interesting.

Did the new system get anything right?

I'll speak on my region since it's one i know

The teams in 7a region 1 were right,  the biggest outcry was bartram but had edgewater beaten Hagerty they would have gotten in

Fletcher was a team who would have been left out in old system (likely replaced by Chiles who i feel Fletcher would beat by at least 14 

The 1 seed is obvious in that region and the top wild card (Lee) will likely get Columbia in round 2 so we have the likely best matchup in round 2 because of the seeding

At least in 7a region 1 they got it right 

The biggest complaint is the situation with Jackson in 4a r1 but like i said on Twitter had they followed through on their contract with Lee they would have gotten in so i have no sympathy for them, they cost themselves that trip to playoffs 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'll speak on my region since it's one i know

The teams in 7a region 1 were right,  the biggest outcry was bartram but had edgewater beaten Hagerty they would have gotten in

Fletcher was a team who would have been left out in old system (likely replaced by Chiles who i feel Fletcher would beat by at least 14 

The 1 seed is obvious in that region and the top wild card (Lee) will likely get Columbia in round 2 so we have the likely best matchup in round 2 because of the seeding

At least in 7a region 1 they got it right 

The biggest complaint is the situation with Jackson in 4a r1 but like i said on Twitter had they followed through on their contract with Lee they would have gotten in so i have no sympathy for them, they cost themselves that trip to playoffs 

How can you say they got it right when Bartram trail tied for the district title?  They did not get it right.  

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

How can you say they got it right when Bartram trail tied for the district title?  They did not get it right.  

Them losing to Oakleaf cost them the district and edgewater losing cost them in wild card

Do you feel Fletcher was undeserving of playoffs, there is no guarantee bartram would have won a shootout so they could have still missed playoffs in that scenario and in old system chiles would have gotten in over Fletcher 

Would that have been a more deserving bracket? 

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Them losing to Oakleaf cost them the district and edgewater losing cost them in wild card

Do you feel Fletcher was undeserving of playoffs, there is no guarantee bartram would have won a shootout so they could have still missed playoffs in that scenario and in old system chiles would have gotten in over Fletcher 

Would that have been a more deserving bracket? 

once again you keep comparing old to new.  I've already said new is better but both suck.  BT deserved to get in.  They tied for the district title and were not given a chance to get in.  Therefore they did not get it right.  

What did system get right, you ask?

Shows how really dumb FHSAA really is and how they need to go, be disbanded because they are NOT creating a FAIR playing field everywhere!!! C'mon schools start your own leagues, they cannot stop you whatsoever!!! FHSAA is in place by a statute, thats all but its FHSAA that has allowed all the crap, loophole recruiting, WINLESS teams in the playoffs, and much more but they say "Its outta our hands"!!! That is nothing but pure dogcrap with whip cream on top. Did Josh come up with this point system and submitted it to FHSAA? I want to know who did this?

11 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It is not fair to say that recruiting is the FHSAA's fault. I would look to the State Legislature ahead of them on that score. 

The state caused people to have to leave their public schools because this state doesn't give a damn about the education at public schools so they continue to underfund it

Funny they have millions for IMG but have nothing for the publics in this state 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The state caused people to have to leave their public schools because this state doesn't give a damn about the education at public schools so they continue to underfund it

It starts at the home quit blaming public schools!!! Parents tend to do nothing to help their own children and before you say I’m wrong then I guess my young daughters teacher is a liar? Kids come to school and tells the teachers their parents won’t help them with their homework. 

38 minutes ago, WhatsUpDoc said:

It starts at the home quit blaming public schools!!! Parents tend to do nothing to help their own children and before you say I’m wrong then I guess my young daughters teacher is a liar? Kids come to school and tells the teachers their parents won’t help them with their homework. 

I'm not blaming the public schools 

I'm blaming the state legislature who continue to underfund the public schools

Where the hell did you read in my statement about blaming the schools,  the morons in Tallahassee are the problem not the schools or the fhsaa

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm not blaming the public schools 

I'm blaming the state legislature who continue to underfund the public schools

Where the hell did you read in my statement about blaming the schools,  the morons in Tallahassee are the problem not the schools or the fhsaa

So you don’t think the Superintendents have much weight? Our school district is 2 million in the hole because our great one and done Superintendent messed up his budget. Now what I’m not happy with is the same district has 22 million in a bank drawing interest. That 22 million is leftover from previous budgets. The districts do not have to return the money so they all deposit it into an account. So how are we 2 million over budget is beyond me. 

The biggest problem started when teachers quit teaching and the districts now allow computers to teach. There’s no interaction between a computer and a child!!! 

But im still not keen on saying legislation is the issue. I will say though the previous federal leadership messed a lot up along with the previous one before him!!!

you said state caused kids to leave the public schools. No private schools did that by offering free tuition or tuition the parent can pay for by working for them. In other words coaches goes to players home and they sign contracts aka recruit!!!  FHSAA says “It’s outta our hands”. I still have the email. 

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Shh h, IMG is very well connected. It is what we have come to with our politics.