Special Congratulations to Bloomingdale & Fort Lauderdale

OldSchoolLion

7ABloomingdale won the school's first playoff game ever last night with a 45-8 win over Riverdale in Fort Myers.  Next up is Palmetto.

7AFort Lauderdale won its first playoff game in over 50 years with a 54-7 win over Doral Academy in Miami.  Next up is St Thomas Aquinas.  Below is a story about the Flying L's success this year.  

14 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Program has made great strides. They had an uptick 5 years ago or so before the current coach, but it was short lived. New guy really seems to have his stuff together.

Yeah, I remember that. Then the HBC bailed for Manatee, but that did not work out for him. Should have stayed put and built on his success at Bloomingdale.

There, the fans and boosters would have been more patient and appreciative. 

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yeah, I remember that. Then the HBC bailed for Manatee, but that did not work out for him. Should have stayed put and built on his success at Bloomingdale.

There, the fans and boosters would have been more patient and appreciative. 

Darter this again is an instance where a message board poster, speaks on something he or she knows absolutely nothing about. There is more to heading up a program than just x's and o's. The former Bloomingdale coach when he departed Manatee to go into the financial business left the Manatee program in a shambles. The freshmen squad was barely able to field a team, and the JV squad wasn't too far behind. As it was....... where the Freshman and JV teams that normally dominated the local scene prior to Booth's arrrival, they both when Booth bailed on Manatee had gone winless multiple years and were getting routinely beat by double digits scores...............He was incapable of running a program from a big picture standpoint. You don't find it interesting that his OC brother at Manatee, went onto to become the HBC at Plant City and what he's done there in 2 years...............Perhaps the real story wasn't the the HBC booth, but his OC brother that stayed in the back ground until getting a chance to lead a program on his own at Plant City! (The same Plant City team that beat this same Bloomingdale team 24-10 during the regular season)

3 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

Darter this again is an instance where a message board poster, speaks on something he or she knows absolutely nothing about. There is more to heading up a program than just x's and o's. The former Bloomingdale coach when he departed Manatee to go into the financial business left the Manatee program in a shambles. The freshmen squad was barely able to field a team, and the JV squad wasn't too far behind. As it was....... where the Freshman and JV teams that normally dominated the local scene prior to Booth's arrrival, they both when Booth bailed on Manatee had gone winless multiple years and were getting routinely beat by double digits scores...............He was incapable of running a program from a big picture standpoint. You don't find it interesting that his OC brother at Manatee, went onto to become the HBC at Plant City and what he's done there in 2 years...............Perhaps the real story wasn't the the HBC booth, but his OC brother that stayed in the back ground until getting a chance to lead a program on his own at Plant City! 

You are right. I don't know the intricate details of Manatee football. I do know this, however, from a few individuals I consider credible.

Despite being an alumni of Manatee, he was not exactly welcomed with open arms nor was he given a chance to shine. As such, whether it was him or his brother that was responsible for Bloomingdale's first upswing is not that relevant. The fact of the matter is, they would probably as a unit with the other staff they had there, been able to make something of Bloomingdale football. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You are right. I don't know the intricate details of Manatee football. I do know this, however, from a few individuals I consider credible.

Despite being an alumni of Manatee, he was not exactly welcomed with open arms nor was he given a chance to shine. As such, whether it was him or his brother that was responsible for Bloomingdale's first upswing is not that relevant. The fact of the matter is, they would probably as a unit with the other staff they had there, been able to make something of Bloomingdale football. 

I'll have to disagree on that the insiders of the Manatee Boosters not giving him 100% support. I believe he had their complete support when he arrived, but after 3 years when everyone was seeing the program from a foundation standpoint beginning to crumble from within and feel Booth realized running a program like Manatee wasn't where his heart was and he left football completely. Todd Johnson at Riverview did much the same thing.............he left Riverview last year to go into the financial business as well......but he left a much better situation for Smithers in as far as the program is concerned................Sometimes guys realize football even at the HS level realize one day that its not really where their heart and passion is............Again I just believe you have to look at what Booth's brother has done once he got his chance to run a program on his own, and at least consider that maybe the focus was on the wrong Booth at Manatee and at Bloomingdale.......

12 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

I'll have to disagree on that the insiders of the Manatee Boosters not giving him 100% support. I believe he had their complete support when he arrived, but after 3 years when everyone was seeing the program from a foundation standpoint beginning to crumble from within and feel Booth realized running a program like Manatee wasn't where his heart was and he left football completely. Todd Johnson at Riverview did much the same thing.............he left Riverview last year to go into the financial business as well......but he left a much better situation for Smithers in as far as the program is concerned................Sometimes guys realize football even at the HS level realize one day that its not really where their heart and passion is............Again I just believe you have to look at what Booth's brother has done once he got his chance to run a program on his own, and at least consider that maybe the focus was on the wrong Booth at Manatee and at Bloomingdale.......

You know more than me. So, I will defer to what you say. From a distance, I thought Booth could have worked out but that following in the footsteps of a legend, too much was expected. 

I tend to be alittle bit more critical of folks than most, so while Im not completely sold on the current HBC at Manatee.....I can see he has a better grasp on the importance of community involvement and program building than Booth did and the program from top to bottom has shown improvement! I was also thinking back to when Booth arrived at Manatee, and if there were issues at least initially it was with the coaching staff..................most were with coach Kinnan and the chemistry was just never there.........most were all gone after that 1st year.