Central vs Carol City Thoughts

OldSchoolLion

Very physical game.  If they played 10 times, I would go with Central winning 6.  Central's D line got penetration throughout the night, and I think that was the difference.  Incredible performance in the trenches by Central.  Richardson is good, but not good enough to thread the needle consistently under pressure..at least not last night.  That said, I don't think Carol City would be the team they are this year without him.  He is a good general out there and his experience shows. 

I loved that each just pounded the ball and did not get fancy.  It allowed for a very close game and allowed us to see who wins a slugfest between the two.   

On 11/17/2018 at 12:42 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Very physical game.  If they played 10 times, I would go with Central winning 6.  Central's D line got penetration throughout the night, and I think that was the difference.  Incredible performance in the trenches by Central.  Richardson is good, but not good enough to thread the needle consistently under pressure..at least not last night.  That said, I don't think Carol City would be the team they are this year without him.  He is a good general out there and his experience shows. 

I loved that each just pounded the ball and did not get fancy.  It allowed for a very close game and allowed us to see who wins a slugfest between the two.   

Carol City played a stupid ass game on D.  NEVER adjusted to a 4 man front.  Kept it 3 all night.   Like STA they failed to adjust to stop the running game (not that that's a guarantee to stop it either) 

This is the best I've ceen MC's dline play all year by the way.  Looked like a different team.   Even when they beat STA their D front was getting pushed and ran on for 5 yards up the gut.   They really played hard.   Was very impressed.    CC had a chance to win it and blew it.  Great game.  Thought the refs were a little bit on Carol City's side also, but it seemed that every 1st and 30 was converted by both sides lol.