• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

Who Is This FL HS Football Legend? Jesse "The Jet" Hester

24 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

What stadium is that? Is that Glades Central old stadium? I have been to their newer stadium (back in the early 2000s), but I know it didn't look like that.

Doak Campbell-Jesse was there in the early 80's  The stadium had a number of seats added in 1982 (the year this picture was taken.

doak1982.jpg

By the way, just in case some of you were confused and/or have never seen the movie "Sandlot," the "other" picture up above (the kid with the Dodger's hat) is one of Benny "the Jet" Rodriguez.    And, if you have never seen that movie, it's worth your two hours one night. 

He played high school football at the football Capital itself, GLADES CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL......Home of the Might Raiders of Raiders of Belle Glade Florida. 

Hes also our current Head Coach!

On 3/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, gatorman-uf said:

What stadium is that? Is that Glades Central old stadium? I have been to their newer stadium (back in the early 2000s), but I know it didn't look like that.

No, That is not the old or the new football field.