Quantcast
Jump to content

Glades Central resume


Recommended Posts

I was looking through some glades central info and realized they played almost everybody in the state, from spring to the playoffs and alot of these teams were at their best too......here's a list in no particular order.....

Played

Miami Central 2009 spring game

Carol City in 2009

AHP in the playoffs 

Cocoa in the playoffs 

Dwyer in the regular season 

FP Westwood spring game 2010

FP Central spring game 2013

Pahokee annual rivalry 

AHD multiple years 

Dillard multiple times 

Oxbridge 2017 regular season 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Floridatech said:

I was looking through some glades central info and realized they played almost everybody in the state, from spring to the playoffs and alot of these teams were at their best too......here's a list in no particular order.....

Played

Miami Central 2009 spring game

Carol City in 2009

AHP in the playoffs 

Cocoa in the playoffs 

Dwyer in the regular season 

FP Westwood spring game 2010

FP Central spring game 2013

Pahokee annual rivalry 

AHD multiple years 

Dillard multiple times 

Oxbridge 2017 regular season 

 

 

 

 

 

We’ve had a lot of great games with them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 1:42 PM, Floridatech said:

I was looking through some glades central info and realized they played almost everybody in the state, from spring to the playoffs and alot of these teams were at their best too......here's a list in no particular order.....

Played

Miami Central 2009 spring game

Carol City in 2009

AHP in the playoffs 

Cocoa in the playoffs 

Dwyer in the regular season 

FP Westwood spring game 2010

FP Central spring game 2013

Pahokee annual rivalry 

AHD multiple years 

Dillard multiple times 

Oxbridge 2017 regular season 

 

 

 

 

 

Although we are not were use to be, Glades Central has played and beat some of the best teams in Florida. We have total of 9 state championships appearances, 6 state championships , and  apart one of Florida’s most famous rivalry  game the Muck bowl (with the Pahokee Blue Devil)
 

The likes of America heritage plantation, cardinal gibbons, pine forest,  Madison County, Miami northwestern, Armwood, Etc we’ve played all of them and actually beat them. 

 

They also hold a 2-1  record against out of state teams.  Byrnes (L), Dallas Skyline (W), Texas Denison (W)

 

Lately we have been down, but our Resume is LEGENDARY! 
Hopeful this year we can get back on track 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

I mean we played Chaminade 

I also forgot 1 more thing

 

We have a motto in the Muck ( Anytime, Any place, Anywhere). Beating Chaminade doesn’t scare Glades Central at the least. You better play us the same way played Chaminade or Vero too will be added on that long list  as well. 
Vero will have to either earn that win or take a lost..... don’t feel bad if happens; it’s happen to some of the best teams in Florida. lol 

We still have room on the schedule for you if you like to try your luck  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

I also forgot 1 more thing

 

We have a motto in the Muck ( Anytime, Any place, Anywhere). Beating Chaminade doesn’t scare Glades Central at the least. You better play us the same way played Chaminade or Vero too will be added on that long list  as well. 
Vero will have to either earn that win or take a lost..... don’t feel bad if happens; it’s happen to some of the best teams in Florida. lol 

We still have room on the schedule for you if you like to try your luck  

 

I’m gonna talk to our coach to see if we can try & get glades central on the schedule for 2021 those games vs the raiders are always classics especially the nail biter thrillers in 06 and 2010.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m gonna talk to our coach to see if we can try & get glades central on the schedule for 2021 those games vs the raiders are always classics especially the nail biter thrillers in 06 and 2010.

Indeed, I’ll talk to our coach as well. If we cross paths best of luck to you Dillard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

Although we are not were use to be, Glades Central has played and beat some of the best teams in Florida. We have total of 9 state championships appearances, 6 state championships , and  apart one of Florida’s most famous rivalry  game the Muck bowl (with the Pahokee Blue Devil)
 

The likes of America heritage plantation, cardinal gibbons, pine forest,  Madison County, Miami northwestern, Armwood, Etc we’ve played all of them and actually beat them. 

 

They also hold a 2-1  record against out of state teams.  Byrnes (L), Dallas Skyline (W), Texas Denison (W)

 

Lately we have been down, but our Resume is LEGENDARY! 
Hopeful this year we can get back on track 

Yea yall done played almost everybody and when those teams were at their peak 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

I also forgot 1 more thing

 

We have a motto in the Muck ( Anytime, Any place, Anywhere). Beating Chaminade doesn’t scare Glades Central at the least. You better play us the same way played Chaminade or Vero too will be added on that long list  as well. 
Vero will have to either earn that win or take a lost..... don’t feel bad if happens; it’s happen to some of the best teams in Florida. lol 

We still have room on the schedule for you if you like to try your luck  

 

Yall got week 1???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Posts

    • ...and I guess we could mark the field in metric denominations, too, huh?
    • Maybe we could come up with fancy names to describe the teams that move up and down.   I suggest "promotion" and "relegation."  I have a feeling those terms might catch on. 
    • IMG absolutely is an academy.  In fact, "academy" is part of its formal name ("IMG Academy").   And arguably, in less than a decade, IMG has become the premier football academy in the country.  Clearly there is a market out there for such an organization.   But, let's be real about it.   If IMG is going to market themselves as a sports academy (which they do) and aggressively pursue elite athletes to fill their rosters (which I believe they do), that's fine.   But until the FHSAA develops a separate category of membership for sports academies, IMG really doesn't belong in the FHSAA.  That doesn't mean that teams in Florida can't play them if they want to.  They can.  Just recognize that IMG is something different than all the other schools who are members of the FHSAA. 
    • One downside there is would there be any way to ensure that classification doesn't become too large in terms of number of teams?
    • How about this: if a school wins its district, say 2 out of 3 years, it automatically moves up one classification level and the team that finished last over that same 3 year period in that district drops down one classification level. There are some large schools that are doormats year after year and show no signs of being competitive, while you have smaller schools, like Madison County that dominate in their classification year after year. It may take a decade, but I think a competitive balance that would result from moving teams up and down would be closer if schools weren't classified simply by size, but by historic performance. A state championship and/or runner-up could automatically move you up one classification, without waiting two or three years. This could help balance out recruiting.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...