Quantcast
Jump to content

ColumbiaHighFan2017class

2020 Preseason Rankings (792 FL Sports)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Also i will not respond further in this thread until someone else decides to put their work out there instead of just whining about the only poster on here in the past what, 3 years? To put my own work out there and puts out their own top 50 for FL heading into the season since it's clear this discussion is going nowhere like most football posts on this board have been lately 

 

OSL retrospect on the past players and coaches have been the only posts lately that seems to stay football related and I'm actually very disappointed in the posters here for losing sight of what made this board great at one point 

 

 

I’m not complaining bro... I think 49 is a good rank for TCA ... what I’m saying is TCA is still a strong north team that’s all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, HornetFan said:

I suggest you take a look at Twitter page for Terrance Gibbs of Masters Academy. After his sophomore year, he holds offers from Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, and Louisville, just to name a few.

https://twitter.com/mterrance122?lang=en

If you want another look at one of the best or possibly the best RB in the state of Florida, check out his HUDL hi-lites for his sophomore season.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10986340/Terrance-Gibbs

I had mentioned last week that this young man would be transferring from The Masters Academy and bringing his talents to an 8A school in Orlando. Terrance Gibbs is now enrolled at Winter Park High School and has been working out with the Wildcats football team this past week. This gives WP two outstanding, thousand yard RB's to go with all the other talent they have assembled this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually believe that Trinity Catholic will surprise everyone in 3A. We finally have a QB who is the entire package. Jr Cole Gonzales, 6'2 180 has come over from Oak Hall where he amassed 2,112 yards as a pocket passer and 176 yds rushing as a Sophomore. He looks very good on video and seems a lot like Joseph Little who took the Celtics to an undefeated season in 2010. The Celtics also will have a Senior laden team with most of their starters back. OL averages 293 across. RB Jamarian Samual is back as a Senior. Had 2,283 yards in 2019. We play some decent teams but think that South Sumter will give us our biggest test. If we make the playoffs and get by the 1st round TCA will probably be there to greet us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I actually believe that Trinity Catholic will surprise everyone in 3A. We finally have a QB who is the entire package. Jr Cole Gonzales, 6'2 180 has come over from Oak Hall where he amassed 2,112 yards as a pocket passer and 176 yds rushing as a Sophomore. He looks very good on video and seems a lot like Joseph Little who took the Celtics to an undefeated season in 2010. The Celtics also will have a Senior laden team with most of their starters back. OL averages 293 across. RB Jamarian Samual is back as a Senior. Had 2,283 yards in 2019. We play some decent teams but think that South Sumter will give us our biggest test. If we make the playoffs and get by the 1st round TCA will probably be there to greet us.

 

Just saying madison plays south Sumter week 1. Just saying and just saying TCA winning.  And Andrew Thomas left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Just saying madison plays south Sumter week 1. Just saying and just saying TCA winning.  And Andrew Thomas left.

Andrew Thomas left only for Trinity Catholic to hire the former coach who actually coached Trinity Catholic to their most recent Championship 

 

It's not like they hired some random coach to fill the slot, they hired back a coach who had already won a state title coaching Trinity Catholic :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Andrew Thomas left only for Trinity Catholic to hire the former coach who actually coached Trinity Catholic to their most recent Championship 

 

It's not like they hired some random coach to fill the slot, they hired back a coach who had already won a state title coaching Trinity Catholic :rolleyes:

But hey if trinity catholic wins state.  No panhandle team does for 3a. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jesse said:

But hey if trinity catholic wins state.  No panhandle team does for 3a. 

That would be unlikely even if Trinity Catholic didn't win state 

 

Pensacola Catholic and Florida High are the only 2 teams 3a wise in the panhandle that would even be considered contenders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That would be unlikely even if Trinity Catholic didn't win state 

 

Pensacola Catholic and Florida High are the only 2 teams 3a wise in the panhandle that would even be considered contenders

So I think 4A, 6A, could be panhandle, Florida high is big bend not panhandle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Marianna , South Walton, 

Sorry to break this to you but even If the big 3 counties in SFL can't go neither those teams Winning a state title 

 

Did you forget about Cocoa or maybe the team who Madison lost to last year Lakewood or even Bradford or Bolles or South Sumter?

 

You would have a higher probability of Lee running clocking Miami Central without a QB than those 2 have of winning a state title in 2020 :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Sorry to break this to you but even If the big 3 counties in SFL can't go neither those teams Winning a state title 

 

Did you forget about Cocoa or maybe the team who Madison lost to last year Lakewood or even Bradford or Bolles or South Sumter?

 

You would have a higher probability of Lee running clocking Miami Central without a QB than those 2 have of winning a state title in 2020 :lol:

Just saying they 4a, I know they ain't got a chance.  Blountstown running clocked marianna. But i think they got a better chance then lee beating Miami central. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Just saying they 4a, I know they ain't got a chance.  Blountstown running clocked marianna. But i think they got a better chance then lee beating Miami central. 

 

Oh Lee wouldn't have a chance of beating Miami Central 

 

Especially this year, 0.00000000000000% 

 

 

But my point is both have similar probability of winning a state title 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh Lee wouldn't have a chance of beating Miami Central 

 

Especially this year, 0.00000000000000% 

 

 

But my point is both have similar probability of winning a state title 

Yeah, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Andrew Thomas left only for Trinity Catholic to hire the former coach who actually coached Trinity Catholic to their most recent Championship 

 

It's not like they hired some random coach to fill the slot, they hired back a coach who had already won a state title coaching Trinity Catholic :rolleyes:

Yeah Columbia. It's John Brantley Sr John Brantley Jr's dad. Coached the Celtics from 2008 - 2014.

2008 championship lost to Pahokee.

2010 championship defeated University

All other years the Celtics went to at least the 2nd round.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I had mentioned last week that this young man would be transferring from The Masters Academy and bringing his talents to an 8A school in Orlando. Terrance Gibbs is now enrolled at Winter Park High School and has been working out with the Wildcats football team this past week. This gives WP two outstanding, thousand yard RB's to go with all the other talent they have assembled this year. 

Is Winter Park simply the flavor of the month in Orange County right now?  Do they have a new coach (or new coaches)?   What's prompting the sudden influx of transfers into their program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I actually believe that Trinity Catholic will surprise everyone in 3A. We finally have a QB who is the entire package. Jr Cole Gonzales, 6'2 180 has come over from Oak Hall where he amassed 2,112 yards as a pocket passer and 176 yds rushing as a Sophomore. He looks very good on video and seems a lot like Joseph Little who took the Celtics to an undefeated season in 2010. The Celtics also will have a Senior laden team with most of their starters back. OL averages 293 across. RB Jamarian Samual is back as a Senior. Had 2,283 yards in 2019. We play some decent teams but think that South Sumter will give us our biggest test. If we make the playoffs and get by the 1st round TCA will probably be there to greet us.

 

I don't understand the concern about playing South Sumter, unless they added a ton of talent in the off-season. Bishop Moore put South Sumter on the running clock early in the 3rd quarter last Fall and never looked back; a total blowout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Is Winter Park simply the flavor of the month in Orange County right now?  Do they have a new coach (or new coaches)?   What's prompting the sudden influx of transfers into their program?

Same excellent coaching staff, but as you say, it may also be "the flavor of the month". The kids in this area have played with and against each other in youth football and they see each other at 7v7 tournaments every Winter, just like most other areas. They talk about playing together and once in a while a really good team comes about as a result of those conversations. At least 6-8 very good transfers have arrived this season in WP. They will be tough to beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Is Winter Park simply the flavor of the month in Orange County right now?  Do they have a new coach (or new coaches)?   What's prompting the sudden influx of transfers into their program?

This same type of transfer movement happened two years ago with Winter Park's next door neighbor, Edgewater, being the recipient of a bunch of really good transfers, a couple were from Winter Park. Last season, Edgewater barely lost to St Thomas Aquinas in the 7A state championship game. This could be Winter Park's year because they return a load of talent from last year's team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, HornetFan said:

I don't understand the concern about playing South Sumter, unless they added a ton of talent in the off-season. Bishop Moore put South Sumter on the running clock early in the 3rd quarter last Fall and never looked back; a total blowout.

Last season SS had a very young team. Practically no Seniors. Looking at their roster they have most of their starting team back and a lot of Seniors. A pretty good returning QB. When SS is at full strength they are hard to beat. They did give Cocoa a tough game last year. I just think that the Celtics should prepare well for them the 2nd game of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Last season SS had a very young team. Practically no Seniors. Looking at their roster they have most of their starting team back and a lot of Seniors. A pretty good returning QB. When SS is at full strength they are hard to beat. They did give Cocoa a tough game last year. I just think that the Celtics should prepare well for them the 2nd game of the season.

I read an article today about top prospects transferring to Florida and Georgia high schools because their states weren't going to play. A 5A QB from either Arizona or California was transferring to a Valdosta high school. The fifth ranked QB in the country for 2022 has transferred from his Delaware HS to Lake Minneola HS. He's 6'6" and about 200 pounds; big kid. There may be other surprises coming as the season approaches and states shut athletics down. Will South Florida kids head for Central and North Florida to play this Fall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I read an article today about top prospects transferring to Florida and Georgia high schools because their states weren't going to play. A 5A QB from either Arizona or California was transferring to a Valdosta high school. The fifth ranked QB in the country for 2022 has transferred from his Delaware HS to Lake Minneola HS. He's 6'6" and about 200 pounds; big kid. There may be other surprises coming as the season approaches and states shut athletics down. Will South Florida kids head for Central and North Florida to play this Fall?

A QB from Miami area moved up to St. Pete and has enrolled/transferred to Lakewood.  Big kid, but no offers yet.   Said he needed to play in the fall in order to give him a chance at picking up a scholarship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Perspective said:

A QB from Miami area moved up to St. Pete and has enrolled/transferred to Lakewood.  Big kid, but no offers yet.   Said he needed to play in the fall in order to give him a chance at picking up a scholarship. 

I can't blame him one bit. We have kids at our local HS that were talking to college coaches in February, but once the virus hit and everyone shut down, the talks stopped. These kids had hope for Spring practice and Spring games; that also went away. A  couple of the coaches take a group of prospects each Summer on a two week tour of Southeast and Midwest schools to allow kids to see campuses, participate in college camps, and play some 7v7; all to improve exposure; that too went away. For too many kids, this Fall is their last chance. If I had a kid with college level talent and we lived in South Florida, he'd be playing somewhere in Central Florida this Fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious about something. If a student transfers from out of state to Florida are they also able to attend any school that they want in Florida after they get settled in one district? I know that Florida students can transfer anywhere in Florida but are out of state students assigned a school where they live and have to attend that school?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...