Who Is This Famous Coach? Joe Reynolds/Fletcher

OldSchoolLion

28 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

enough trivia dude. the whole board is trivia

Pipe Dreams, I respectfully disagree.   I enjoy the questions and usually end up learning something about Florida high school football.  To the extent you don't like the trivia questions, I have two suggestions:  first, when you see a topic heading that starts out "Who is this . . . ," just skip it; and second, if you want to discuss something else, start a new"non-trivial" topic.  

31 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Pipe Dreams, I respectfully disagree.   I enjoy the questions and usually end up learning something about Florida high school football.  To the extent you don't like the trivia questions, I have two suggestions:  first, when you see a topic heading that starts out "Who is this . . . ," just skip it; and second, if you want to discuss something else, start a new"non-trivial" topic.  

Exactly! Plus I've learned how to use the record book really good.

It is Joe Reynolds, current AD and former head football coach at Jacksonville Fletcher.  He is still actively involved with the football program, filling in when they were without a coach.  He officially retired as hc in 2009, after putting in 20 seasons.  Fletcher had a losing program when he started, but he quickly got them turned around.  ColumbiaFan might appreciate that his favorite team played against Reynolds in 1990.   

Reynolds finished with 129 wins and his teams made the playoffs 12 times.  His deepest playoff run came in 2003, when his team traveled to Daytona Beach and lost the region title to eventual 5A state champion Mainland.  He is an alum of Fletcher High and played linebacker for the Gators in the 70's.

He was coach and mentor of one of the state's greatest rb's, Ciatrick Fason.  

Joe Reynolds was also an assistant coach at Fletcher in the late 70's and early 80's.  So, he has spent over 35 years there.  Lord knows how many young people he has helped during that time.  Ciatrick Fason had a baby his senior year in high school.   I can only imagine how Coach Reynolds helped him through that challenging time.   I don't consider the life story of such a man trivial, but to each his own.