Quantcast
Jump to content

Lake Gibson 34, Auburndale 6


Recommended Posts

The Bloodhounds are a bit unsettled at QB, so Lake Gibson's stout defense was too much. Assuming Lake Gibson is able to play Lakeland next week (a big assumption with Covid), LG might ought to be a slight favorite. Lakeland has been completely shut down since Sep. 8, and won't be able to do anything until Tuesday of game week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2020 at 10:28 PM, skyway said:

The Bloodhounds are a bit unsettled at QB, so Lake Gibson's stout defense was too much. Assuming Lake Gibson is able to play Lakeland next week (a big assumption with Covid), LG might ought to be a slight favorite. Lakeland has been completely shut down since Sep. 8, and won't be able to do anything until Tuesday of game week.

Thanks for that update.  Hoping the game happens win or lose.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, badbird said:

Someone had Auburndale in their top 25

You mean the only person on this entire board who actually had the balls to do a ranking right

 

And I think the ones who think it's so funny should put their money where their mouth is and step up to the plate or are people here gonna be scared of being wrong and avoid the effort?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You mean the only person on this entire board who actually had the balls to do a ranking right

 

And I think the ones who think it's so funny should put their money where their mouth is and step up to the plate or are people here gonna be scared of being wrong and avoid the effort?

Ballsy pick with Auburndale.  I can't put Auburndale over Lakeland until Castle retires.

 

Here is my rankings

1. IMG

2. STA

3. All really good Dade and Broward Schools

4. Lakeland and Armwood

5. Everyone else not named Auburndale  :D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You mean the only person on this entire board who actually had the balls to do a ranking right

 

And I think the ones who think it's so funny should put their money where their mouth is and step up to the plate or are people here gonna be scared of being wrong and avoid the effort?

I also put my money where my mouth is but was told I can't bet on here

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Ballsy pick with Auburndale.  I can't put Auburndale over Lakeland until Castle retires.

 

Here is my rankings

1. IMG

2. STA

3. All really good Dade and Broward Schools

4. Lakeland and Armwood

5. Everyone else not named Auburndale  :D

 

 

I could still be right about another Polk County team, people complained about me putting Lake Gibson over Lakeland too so if Gibson wins then at least it shows I made the right call not having Lakeland as top team in Polk but I've already adjusted Auburndale as they are i think 30-35 range 

 

At the end of the day rankings will adjust week to week, I don't expect to be perfect in the preseason so as long as the movements each week are efficient than I'm proud of the work

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, badbird said:

Ballsy pick with Auburndale.  I can't put Auburndale over Lakeland until Castle retires.

 

Here is my rankings

1. IMG

2. STA

3. All really good Dade and Broward Schools

4. Lakeland and Armwood

5. Everyone else not named Auburndale  :D

 

 

You steal those rankings from the national board or something? Lol 

 

That looks more like just naming every school the average football fan from a different state might actually know about FL more so than a ranking of a guy who been involved in football in the state for years

 

Come on badbirdy I know you can do better but hey at least it's a start

 

Let's see if anyone else can follow through and put their work out, I would actually earn a bit of respect for anyone who actually is willing to put their work out there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You steal those rankings from the national board or something? Lol 

 

That looks more like just naming every school the average football fan from a different state might actually know about FL more so than a ranking of a guy who been involved in football in the state for years

 

Come on badbirdy I know you can do better but hey at least it's a start

 

Let's see if anyone else can follow through and put their work out, I would actually earn a bit of respect for anyone who actually is willing to put their work out there 

good chance I got 1 and 2 correct

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I could still be right about another Polk County team, people complained about me putting Lake Gibson over Lakeland too so if Gibson wins then at least it shows I made the right call not having Lakeland as top team in Polk but I've already adjusted Auburndale as they are i think 30-35 range 

 

At the end of the day rankings will adjust week to week, I don't expect to be perfect in the preseason so as long as the movements each week are efficient than I'm proud of the work

Lake Gibson has been solid for several years, I just can't go with a team like Auburndale until they prove to me they belong.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You mean the only person on this entire board who actually had the balls to do a ranking right

 

And I think the ones who think it's so funny should put their money where their mouth is and step up to the plate or are people here gonna be scared of being wrong and avoid the effort?

I don't know if I'd say it takes balls. But what it does take, is time. I commend you for putting in the time to compile a rankings list even if I don't agree with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

I don't know if I'd say it takes balls. But what it does take, is time. I commend you for putting in the time to compile a rankings list even if I don't agree with them.

And that's fine

 

I don't expect to have my rankings 100% agree with anyone but I do put a ton of time into the work and research and asking people from various parts of the state to weigh in before doing the initial preseason rankings, obviously some teams will be placed different across the rankings but the reason I say balls is because the way I see it it's easy to look at others work and say "the rankings stink, you don't know anything" but it's another to put your own work out there and I'm not saying you specifically but there are people out there who take the approach of bashing people's work without putting their own work out there which is why I always tell people if they don't like my rankings they are more than free to do their own so we can sit down and compare and understand the differences in the rankings as that creates a discussion I welcome

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And that's fine

 

I don't expect to have my rankings 100% agree with anyone but I do put a ton of time into the work and research and asking people from various parts of the state to weigh in before doing the initial preseason rankings, obviously some teams will be placed different across the rankings but the reason I say balls is because the way I see it it's easy to look at others work and say "the rankings stink, you don't know anything" but it's another to put your own work out there and I'm not saying you specifically but there are people out there who take the approach of bashing people's work without putting their own work out there which is why I always tell people if they don't like my rankings they are more than free to do their own so we can sit down and compare and understand the differences in the rankings as that creates a discussion I welcome

Exactly how much research do you do and are you relying on message board homers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Exactly how much research do you do and are you relying on message board homers?

I have sources from across the state that I reach out to, I don't have any "message board homers" that I rely on

 

Everyone that I gather information from are ones with nothing to gain by any said team being ranked higher than the other in addition I prefer to reach out to people who follow a general area and see a bunch of teams in the area

 

As for research I do look into how teams did over previous years and how teams generally reload and who plays better teams, ect

 

But at the end of the day anyone who claims they see every single team in the state play is a liar, maybe if this was Rhode Island I might buy it but not Florida, too many teams to physically see every team so I take the next best approach, I gather information on teams starting with larger areas in the state and talk to as many sources as I can from those areas to get a breakdown on the area and of course those sources have their own networks across the area and state which makes it possible to rank the entire state even if I physically can't watch every single team play, the best human polls are based this way as nobody is gonna physically watch every team so they instead work with the people who know these areas and go from there 

 

I'm very confident that the results are among the some of the best rankings of Florida as a result 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 9:06 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I could still be right about another Polk County team, people complained about me putting Lake Gibson over Lakeland too so if Gibson wins then at least it shows I made the right call not having Lakeland as top team in Polk but I've already adjusted Auburndale as they are i think 30-35 range 

 

At the end of the day rankings will adjust week to week, I don't expect to be perfect in the preseason so as long as the movements each week are efficient than I'm proud of the work

I think this depends a lot on how much one figures the way the season has started (or not) impacts the two teams heading into the game. Lake Gibson has been consistently practicing for several weeks and has played two games, including one against a decent team. Lakeland was ordered to shut down completely on September 8 all the way through this Tuesday of game week, and has played zero games. Is a couple of days of practice, following two weeks of not being allowed to do anything, with zero games under the belt, the exact same thing as being allowed to practice consistently and play two games? I can't fathom anyone saying it is. Of course, if you're rooting for the team that's been able to practice and play, you'll likely argue that not being allowed to practice and play is no disadvantage.

If Lakeland wins by one (1) point, it is reasonable to say that, all things being equal, they are three or more touchdowns better than Lake Gibson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, skyway said:

I think this depends a lot on how much one figures the way the season has started (or not) impacts the two teams heading into the game. Lake Gibson has been consistently practicing for several weeks and has played two games, including one against a decent team. Lakeland was ordered to shut down completely on September 8 all the way through this Tuesday of game week, and has played zero games. Is a couple of days of practice, following two weeks of not being allowed to do anything, with zero games under the belt, the exact same thing as being allowed to practice consistently and play two games? I can't fathom anyone saying it is. Of course, if you're rooting for the team that's been able to practice and play, you'll likely argue that not being allowed to practice and play is no disadvantage.

If Lakeland wins by one (1) point, it is reasonable to say that, all things being equal, they are three or more touchdowns better than Lake Gibson. 

I pick Lake Gibson to win. Not because they're really better but due to Lakeland having no games played and no practices in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And that's fine

 

I don't expect to have my rankings 100% agree with anyone but I do put a ton of time into the work and research and asking people from various parts of the state to weigh in before doing the initial preseason rankings, obviously some teams will be placed different across the rankings but the reason I say balls is because the way I see it it's easy to look at others work and say "the rankings stink, you don't know anything" but it's another to put your own work out there and I'm not saying you specifically but there are people out there who take the approach of bashing people's work without putting their own work out there which is why I always tell people if they don't like my rankings they are more than free to do their own so we can sit down and compare and understand the differences in the rankings as that creates a discussion I welcome

Don't take someone making fun of your rankings so personal.  At the end of the day no one is going to agree on rankings it's just an opinion and most likely not 100% correct.  Except my rankings are pretty close to 100%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badbird said:

Don't take someone making fun of your rankings so personal.  At the end of the day no one is going to agree on rankings it's just an opinion and most likely not 100% correct.  Except my rankings are pretty close to 100%.

And If I only did the top 5 mine probably would be too 

 

But if you ranked as many teams as I did you would be at best have similar accuracy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badbird said:

Don't take someone making fun of your rankings so personal.  At the end of the day no one is going to agree on rankings it's just an opinion and most likely not 100% correct.  Except my rankings are pretty close to 100%.

And I don't take it personal, I tell people to do their own rankings because I want to see what others feel about the teams statewide and it gives me feedback for when I'm reviewing mine as sometimes some teams fall through the cracks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Posts

    • C'mon Perspective.  Ohio St had their second string line in.  Those guys must have weighed about 185 pounds on average.  Their qb would have been defenseless out there.
    • I appreciate it when guys are big enough to apologize for making a mistake.   Here's a paragraph taken from an ESPN article: Ohio State coach Ryan Day apologized to Nebraska for the Buckeyes offense not taking a knee in the final seconds of Saturday's 52-17 win at Ohio Stadium.  Leading 45-17 in the final minute, the Buckeyes reached the Nebraska 2-yard line. Rather than take a knee, freshman quarterback Jack Miller ran into the end zone.  "I feel bad about that," Day said. "I had a younger quarterback in the game, and I didn't feel like we had the personnel to take the knee, and I probably should have done that. So I just want to publicly apologize to them, to [Nebraska coach] Scott [Frost]." So, I don't want to take anything away from Ryan Day's apology.  And this isn't about whether Ohio State should or should not have tried to tack on another score at the end of a blow-out win.   The Ohio State coach already has answered that.   But I do have one question for the coaches out there:  What kind of personnel do you need to have in the game in order for the QB to take a step back and take a knee (or accept the snap in the shotgun formation and take a knee)?   Yeah, in a perfect world, you might want to have two RB's in the game, one on each side of the QB, to provide additional protection for the QB if some D-lineman, who's all pissed off because he's getting ready to lose the game, comes charging through.  But do you really need a particular 'personnel' in order to take a knee?   
    • FSU starting running back is Jalen Mitchell's former teammate at Rockledge Jashaun Corbin
    • That's why I put it on here. It'd be a big upset. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...