Chaminade-Madonna Coach Jason Milgrom resigns

gator boy

Everyone has personal/family issues an priorities in life but does anyone think these abrupt resignations at these playoff team and power schools timing is a bit of a coincidence?    Kind of like, we gave you a few hours to look at other options but should you not find any other options you will just have to stay here for the season...just saying.  

Will it shock anyone if the Piper Coach resigns very soon - too late for the student athletes to look at other options? 

or is all just coincidental?

Everyone has personal/family issues an priorities in life but does anyone think these abrupt resignations at these playoff team and power schools timing is a bit of a coincidence? Kind of like, we gave you a few hours to look at other options but should you not find any other options you will just have to stay here for the season...just saying.

Will it shock anyone if the Piper Coach resigns very soon - too late for the student athletes to look at other options?

or is all just coincidental?

I hear what you saying, almost like the administration wants the team to fail and force the kids to be put on the spot and unable to compete, this team had a shot at competing for a state title this year and your coach resigns one day before training camp, this has probley already cost them that and the players who wanted to win are put in a bad spot

This news is shocking as it changes the landscape of Class 3A South significantly. I saw Shaun Shivers has transferred out already (per his twitter) and there's a host of Lions leaving.  I'm curious what the story is.

Thanks SPCjessica2004.  Glad you are in the loop...  Please keep us posted on this.  You are the 3A engine for us!  

That's the confusing part- this is the worst time to get rid of a head coach. Coach Milgrom doesn't strike me as a guy that would up and leave 1 day before training camp. I'm sure the full story will come out eventually.

Exactly, this late in process I would bet the administration was one who made this decision but guess time to just wait and see

That's the confusing part- this is the worst time to get rid of a head coach. Coach Milgrom doesn't strike me as a guy that would up and leave 1 day before training camp. I'm sure the full story will come out eventually.

Sometimes when these things happen in this fashion (HC and players jumping ship) it could mean the s%I^ is about to hit the fan.  

Sometimes when these things happen in this fashion (HC and players jumping ship) it could mean the s%I^ is about to hit the fan.

When you say s%I^ hitting the fan I assume you mean that there something that happened under the surface that bout to come to light? Or did I misunderstand it?

The SFL coaching circus continues. Love it or hate it - we never fail to entertain.

SFL Coaching- Where you are more qualified to HC a football team as a tow truck driver and 6 figure salary HCs resign.

Sounds like the talent does the work and the coaches are just there to get them in the gate's and to the games lol

I have a gut feeling that what is happening/happened at Chaminade-Madonna is going to pan out similar to University School and similar to Oxbridge Academy. It will end up being money related.  It will end being money/financial aid that was expected to be available for the football team is not available.  That will be the jist of it.  Chaminade-Madonna was probably expecting to have lots of financial aid to assist the football program and possibly it simply is not available for whatever reason.  Perhaps Milgrom became frustrated and was put into a a bad situation (having promised kids financial aid) and nothing there now.  There may have been individuals jealous of the development of the football team (like Oxbridge Academy) and there was an opposition to seize and/or slow down the progress of the program. The kids likely got wind of it had enough and are scattering.  As long as these kids do not attend practice for Chaminade-Madonna tomorrow, they should be able to start looking at other options.

These scenarios seem to he happening a lot in FL and SFL of late.  Dade Christian is another...I believe they shut down their football program in the spring for happenings similar to this stuff.

Dade Christian is another...I believe they shut down their football program in the spring for happenings similar to this stuff.

Dade Christian is in a money struggle as a whole. Not so much "oh we don't have as much aid as we thought" it's more "Oh snap, if we keep going at the rate we are going as a whole our checks might start bouncing at some point soon."

I have a gut feeling that what is happening/happened at Chaminade-Madonna is going to pan out similar to University School and similar to Oxbridge Academy. It will end up being money related. It will end being money/financial aid that was expected to be available for the football team is not available. That will be the jist of it. Chaminade-Madonna was probably expecting to have lots of financial aid to assist the football program and possibly it simply is not available for whatever reason. Perhaps Milgrom became frustrated and was put into a a bad situation (having promised kids financial aid) and nothing there now. There may have been individuals jealous of the development of the football team (like Oxbridge Academy) and there was an opposition to seize and/or slow down the progress of the program. The kids likely got wind of it had enough and are scattering. As long as these kids do not attend practice for Chaminade-Madonna tomorrow, they should be able to start looking at other options.

These scenarios seem to he happening a lot in FL and SFL of late. Dade Christian is another...I believe they shut down their football program in the spring for happenings similar to this stuff.

SMH coaches can't do their job the way they want because of higher authority

Player meeting today from what I'm seeing on Twitter. Might just be players getting together on their own to talk about their next steps. 

If part of the situation involves financial aid and it is not available there unfortunately will be no "staying together" as a team.  Some of these kids may not have the money to stay at Chaminade - plain and simple.  Some may not have the interest from an AHP or STA this late in the season.  I think several land at publics.