CLASS 2M STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW: National title implications amplify state title game between American Heritage and Miami Central

Joshua Wilson

2 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

31-13 at half. AHP made great second half adjustments and made it a game. Fumbling the ball on their last possession with under 2mins in Central territory.  Central ran the rest of the time out winning 38-31. 

This should be enough to propel them to the NC. Mater Dei and SFA lost, IMG lost, SJB won the CIF league with one loss on the season, Bishop Gorman has a loss, and AHP is now out of the running. Last order of business is to see what happens between Bishop Gorman and CMD.

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

This should be enough to propel them to the NC. Mater Dei and SFA lost, IMG lost, SJB won the CIF league with one loss on the season, Bishop Gorman has a loss, and AHP is now out of the running. Last order of business is to see what happens between Bishop Gorman and CMD.

They'll have it in atleast one poll possibly 2. But there's already 2 that basically crowned SJB after they beat Mater Dei. Those polls also had Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman and I believe another team ahead of Central

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

They'll have it in atleast one poll possibly 2. But there's already 2 that basically crowned SJB after they beat Mater Dei. Those polls also had Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman and I believe another team ahead of Central

Mater Dei doesn't deserve it this year. They lost to SJB. That should pull both them and SJB out of the running. Also, who is to say that Central wouldn't have had a chance against SJB or Mater Dei this year? They were dominant all season long.

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Mater Dei doesn't deserve it this year. They lost to SJB. That should pull both them and SJB out of the running. Also, who is to say that Central wouldn't have had a chance against SJB or Mater Dei this year? They were dominant all season long.

I feel like Central definitely could've beat either team this season.

6 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

4 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

I feel like Central definitely could've beat either team this season.

Central certainly has the offense to compete with any high school football team this year. Their defense, though very good, gives up a lot of points to good offenses. If Central played one of the other three or so contenders for "National Champion" I feel the result could go either way. 

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Central certainly has the offense to compete with any high school football team this year. Their defense, though very good, gives up a lot of points to good offenses. If Central played one of the other three or so contenders for "National Champion" I feel the result could go either way. 

I agree. Eventhough AHP won the second half Central's big play ability on offense is unmatched. Their lone touchdown in the second half looked effortless