Hurricane Matthew Updates

Floridatech

Here in ft Lauderdale matthew is expected to get hit and hit hard so everyone has been bording up and getting off the streetw.

Me im Home Getting as prepared as possible i know alot of people on here dont care for me at all but it is what it is.

For the ones that Do just want to let yall know im safe and that i hope everyone else is safe to.

Here in ft Lauderdale matthew is expected to get hit and hit hard so everyone has been bording up and getting off the streetw.

Me im Home Getting as prepared as possible i know alot of people on here dont care for me at all but it is what it is.

For the ones that Do just want to let yall know im safe and that i hope everyone else is safe to.

Stay safe, man! 

Also, MDP - I merged your thread into the main Hurricane Matthew thread. 

Fellow board members - if you guys are able to and wish to, you can post updates on your area and your well-being to this thread. 

Thanks for looking out Columbiahighfan2016.  I'm in Coconut Creek, FL which is North Broward County and about 6-7 miles from the beach.  It is lightly raining and a just a little breezy.  They got us down here again, Columbia....Channel 7 news, Home Depot and Publix are laughing at all of us down here- AGAIN. Now watch the next hurricane that comes will be taken lightly , the media will not pump it up nearly like this one and it will nail us.

Truth be told we have only had one devastating Hurricane in Broward in the last 15 years that has really affected us IMO.  Only Wilma which actually came from the SW and through the Everglades actually messed us up.  Wilma actually gained strength over the land because the Everglades is humid, flat and the water is very, very warm.  Kind of rare circumstances for a powerful hurricane.  But that was one that was not taken nearly as serious nearly as this Matthew hurricane.  Bottom line is people panic 3-4 days before the storm gets close and it is simply not necessary.  The media is mainly what causes mass hysteria .

Keep in mind that my comments above pertain mainly to my opinion of the way it was handled in  SFL (more specifically Broward County),  and I encourage the rest of the state to take all hurricane warnings and watches very seriously.  

Thanks for looking out Columbiahighfan2016. I'm in Coconut Creek, FL which is North Broward County and about 6-7 miles from the beach. It is lightly raining and a just a little breezy. They got us down here again, Columbia....Channel 7 news, Home Depot and Publix are laughing at all of us down here- AGAIN. Now watch the next hurricane that comes will be taken lightly , the media will not pump it up nearly like this one and it will nail us.

Truth be told we have only had one devastating Hurricane in Broward in the last 15 years that has really affected us IMO. Only Wilma which actually came from the SW and through the Everglades actually messed us up. Wilma actually gained strength over the land because the Everglades is humid, flat and the water is very, very warm. Kind of rare circumstances for a powerful hurricane. But that was one that was not taken nearly as serious nearly as this Matthew hurricane. Bottom line is people panic 3-4 days before the storm gets close and it is simply not necessary. The media is mainly what causes mass hysteria .

Keep in mind that my comments above pertain mainly to my opinion of the way it is handles in SFL (more specifically Broward County), and I encourage the rest of the state to take all hurricane warnings and watches very seriously.

No one should take it lightly, the one time you take it lightly it ends up getting you

Just ask New Orleans

They had several near misses and then they got Katrina and it lead to one of the worse hurricanes in U.S. history