WEEK 8 South Florida Top “15”

THIS_IS_DILLARD

#1. Chaminade Madonna (7-0)

#2. St Thomas Aquinas (6-1) Yes The Raiders Should Technically be 6-2 with the second loss being to cocoa, but overall behind chaminade I believe the raiders are playing the Best Ball Right Now. 

#3. Miami Central (3-2) on paper the rockets look unbeatable, but on the field the rockets have been playing very mediocre football the last few weeks which is why I dropped them one. 

#4. American Heritage (4–1)

#5. Homestead ( 4–1) 

#6. Miami Norland (6-0)

#7. Miami Columbus (6-1)

#8. Booker T Washington (3-2)

#9. Palmetto (5-1) 

#10. Coconut Creek (5-2)

#11. Cardinal Gibbons (4-2)

#12. Western (3-3) Even tho I believe Dillard would win a head to head vs western. The wildcats played tough in two loses to creek & American heritage so right now they get the 12th spot. 

#13. Dillard (3-3) - played the #4 team in the nation for three quarters b4 the wheels fell off. Dillard is gonna be a tough out come playoffs. But for right now they get the 13th Spot. 

#14. Miramar (3-3) 

#15. Monarch (5-1)

outside looking in: Blanche ely (5-1), South broward (5-1) Miami Northwestern (2-5)

Let me know what you guys think @DarterBlue2 @Jullian @VeniceIndianFan

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

#2. St Thomas Aquinas (6-1) Yes The Raiders Should Technically be 6-2 with the second loss being to cocoa, but overall behind chaminade I believe the raiders are playing the Best Ball Right Now. 

#3. Miami Central (3-2) on paper the rockets look unbeatable, but on the field the rockets have been playing very mediocre football the last few weeks which is why I dropped them one. 

#5. Homestead ( 4–1) 

#6. Miami Norland (6-0)

#7. Miami Columbus (6-1)

#9. Palmetto (5-1) 

#10. Coconut Creek (5-2)

#12. Western (3-3) Even tho I believe Dillard would win a head to head vs western. The wildcats played tough in two loses to creek & American heritage so right now they get the 12th spot. 

#13. Dillard (3-3) - played the #4 team in the nation for three quarters b4 the wheels fell off. Dillard is gonna be a tough out come playoffs. But for right now they get the 13th Spot. 

#14. Miramar (3-3) 

#15. Monarch (5-1)

outside looking in: Blanche ely (5-1), South broward (5-1) Miami Northwestern (2-5)

Pretty good list. I would swap Homestead and Norland. I also think Creekonut and Palmetto trade should places.

55 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

Can yall please stop talking about that STA-Cocoa game. Cocoa lost STA WON get over it lol. Top 3 teams in the state

Chaminade 

STA 

Miami Central 

That I agree with your top 3 on snap we finally agreed on something lol.

P.S.

If you don't get Dillard out of the top 15 lol 

Interesting. How would you feel if Glades Central had an outside chance at the national championship and they lost a game in victory formation against a top 10 team nationally, with no mathematical way for their opponent to win? I’m sure you wouldn’t be upset at all. <_<

1 hour ago, muckboy561 said:

Can yall please stop talking about that STA-Cocoa game. Cocoa lost STA WON get over it lol. Top 3 teams in the state

Chaminade 

STA 

Miami Central 

That I agree with your top 3 on snap we finally agreed on something lol.

P.S.

If you don't get Dillard out of the top 15 lol 

Why shouldn’t Dillard be in the top 15 ? 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Interesting. How would you feel if Glades Central had an outside chance at the national championship and they lost a game in victory formation against a top 10 team nationally, with no mathematical way for their opponent to win? I’m sure you wouldn’t be upset at all. <_<

Exactly. Cocoa would've most definitely been in the top 25 in the majority of all national polls and top 25 in the composition poll instead of just 2 polls

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

#5. Homestead ( 4–1) 

#6. Miami Norland (6-0)

#7. Miami Columbus (6-1)

#9. Palmetto (5-1) 

#10. Coconut Creek (5-2)

#14. Miramar (3-3) 

#15. Monarch (5-1)

Little argument here. Maybe Norland Homestead swap. I think BTW beats Columbus. Aquinas QB getting better which raises them. Rockets not as good as last year. NW is getting better. 
We chatted all through the Dillard game. They were in the Red Zone 3 X’s & came away with no points. Mostly self inflicted. Dillard QB is getting better & he gave Chaminade fits. I’ll take the 50 points that clown said STA would beat em by. Dillard has a punchers chance of an upset. They won’t get beat long like the Nade beat em. My biggest worry is Aquinas special teams. Maybe the best in the state!!!!

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Little argument here. Maybe Norland Homestead swap. I think BTW beats Columbus. Aquinas QB getting better which raises them. Rockets not as good as last year. NW is getting better. 
We chatted all through the Dillard game. They were in the Red Zone 3 X’s & came away with no points. Mostly self inflicted. Dillard QB is getting better & he gave Chaminade fits. I’ll take the 50 points that clown said STA would beat em by. Dillard has a punchers chance of an upset. They won’t get beat long like the Nade beat em. My biggest worry is Aquinas special teams. Maybe the best in the state!!!!

Facts bro. Always enjoy and respect your insight. 

On 10/9/2023 at 1:12 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Didn’t get a chance to watch the game, but I heard. 

I don't disagree with @DarterBlue2 on that. Defense looked suspect and offensive line got manhandled. Found out after the game that Mendoza had broken a finger on his throwing hand early in the game and explains his 4 INT performance. We are definitely below BTW and several others without him at the helm. Coaches hoping to rest him until playoffs. So we will see a different look from the Explorers offensively for the next few games. Disappointing with both the GMAC game (Central?) and Norland coming up. Not expecting wins for either of those games now.

11 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

I don't disagree with @DarterBlue2 on that. Defense looked suspect and offensive line got manhandled. Found out after the game that Mendoza had broken a finger on his throwing hand early in the game and explains his 4 INT performance. We are definitely below BTW and several others without him at the helm. Coaches hoping to rest him until playoffs. So we will see a different look from the Explorers offensively for the next few games. Disappointing with both the GMAC game (Central?) and Norland coming up. Not expecting wins for either of those games now.

You guys have a competent coaching staff so they will put together solid game plans & who knows may have another hidden gem at qb on the bench waiting for his turn. 

but yea I agree it’s not ever good to lose your starting gun slinger especially this late in the year. Praying for a speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

I am sorry to hear Mendoza got injured. He's a very good QB and a key element in the Explorers offense. I wish him a speed recovery and hope he's at or very close to full strength for the playoffs. 

11 hours ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

You guys have Norland as I seen. Tough one there seeing that if they lose tomorrow they wont have any problem taking it out on an Bert-less Columbus. Hope Bert Get Right Back Soon